Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF not working on a Gigabyte 965P DS3P?

--Raa--

Hey you all:o:,

I bought me this RAM 4 weeks ago( TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF ). On last Wednesday it came. So I built it in my PC. Since then I'm having great problems.

I set everything on Corsair's Specification:

DDR2 1066 @ 2,1V @ 5-5-5-15 2T. Also the CPU is running @ stock.

Then I started to work with the PC. I started Prime 95 and got a FREEZE after a couple of seconds.

I tried to install FSX and after the half installation i got a FREEZE.

After that I thought , ok , run Memtest 86 and I did this.

The test for the clocks ran through successfully, but with the latency test I got a FREEZE.

If I work in Windows, i get a FREEZE after 10 min.

It is terrible and I don't know what I can do anymore.

Please help me.:o:

Sorry for double posting but I need your help fast.;):

I got some extra information:

I scanned both of the modules in memtest 86. Every module alone with the same settings as above. Then I got no Freeze or something like that. Every modula ran through it with no problems.

Now I'm asking myself: Why arent they function together?

PLEASE CORSAIR I NEED YOUR HELP!

• Corsair Employee
First I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard, load setup defaults and then reconfigure the memory. If both modules are working individually there may be some other issue. Can you try installing the modules in single channel mode (should be able to do this by installing them into different colored slots). Also, if possible you may want to test them in a different system.

• Corsair Employee
If both modules are passing memtest when tested individually, and they are failing when tested together, there could be an issue with a DIMM slot on the board, or possibly the memory controller. Testing them in a different system should allow you to easily track down the culprit! If the same thing happens in a different system then lets get the modules replaced!

• Corsair Employee

The Intel 965 Chipset does not support DDR1066, the system would need to be over clocked in order to reach that speed. What are the exact settings you have set?

If you have the CPU at default the memory frequency should be set to DDR800!

CPU Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 mhz @ 1,35V FSB 266

Gigabyte DS3P 965P Northbridge Voltage and FSB Voltage +0,1V

Corsair Dominator PC1066 @ 2,1 V @ 5-5-5-15 manually and the rest AUTO, without Precharge to ACT Delay, which i set on 0, which should be a default setting.

I will test them in 20 min, but I can tell you that they are running without any fail in Windows on DDR2-800.

*EDIT: They are running without any errors in Windows since 3h. So I think Memtest will not find any errors too. I tested them yesterday on 800 and there were no errors. What are we doing now?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry I cannot tell you how to over clock but you can get the tested settings from the link in my signature for reference and just try to over clock your CPU if you like. With this Chipset we were able to run most MB's at about 1030 MHz on the memory.

I know how to overclock my PC. The Problem is, that the computer doesn't boot with with the overclocked RAM then. When I recieved the RAM, I tried it, and the computer was not booting. I tried so much different settings, but no one was working. Why can't I just run the ram at 1066?

Today I tested the RAM on a Asus P5N32e-SLI 680i SLI. At first it booted, but then the screen disappeared. When we gave it a second try the ram got us a nice bluescreen at the bootup. All settings were like Corsair's Specifications.

What are we doing now?

• Corsair Employee

It is very unlikely that both modules would fail at the same time. To help troubleshoot, I would suggest testing the modules individually in the same memory slot. If one of the modules fails and the other works, then we will need to replace both of them for you. However, if you get errors with both of them, that would usually suggest some other problem.

If you determine that they are faulty, then let's get them replaced. Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived