Corsair Community

K70 Vengeance Stopped working, don't detected by Windows

Mojuku

My Vengeance K70 turned off around two days ago. When I turned on my PC the key light didn't work, but neither did the keyboard, Windows didn't detect it. There was only the USB Pass-through adapter working.

I thought I was going to have a keyboard that would last many years, but I am disappointed by this brand. I don't even bother to open a ticket. Firstly because I see that there are more people with the same problem as me and Corsair doesn't give a solution about it and it passes everything, secondly because the warranty ended 6 years ago.

It's sad that we spent money on a keyboard that at first went perfectly and held millions of keystrokes and for something that never happened to me on other cheaper keyboards it stopped working.

I would understand that if a switch didn't work properly it would be because of massive and continuous use, but what I don't understand is that the keyboard has completely broken down and stopped working. I understand it's a manufacturing defect.

I hope Corsair will change his mind and take some action.

Edited by Mojuku

• Corsair Employee
If you had a Vengeance K70 and it just died that means you got 5+ years of use out of a keyboard that only had a 2 year warranty. At that point in time its not going to be considered a manufacturing defect and just purely the age of the product.

If you had a Vengeance K70 and it just died that means you got 5+ years of use out of a keyboard that only had a 2 year warranty. At that point in time its not going to be considered a manufacturing defect and just purely the age of the product.

Then I understand they stop working because they have Planned obsolescence. I would understand that over time the keys might stop responding or not work properly, but that the keyboard would stop working completely I've never seen that in my life. I still have my first Dexxa keyboard from 2000 that even though its keys don't work as well as they should they do turn on (just like all the other keyboards I own). It's the first time I've seen something like this.

I can't trust you anymore seeing that your keyboards are not durable. Even if they are very well built, have good materials and give a good feeling when used, all this disappears when it stops working completely and no solution or repair is offered (that a keyboard stops working completely without giving it a bad use and taking care of it as much as possible I have never seen in my life).

I am annoyed that I spent so much money on a mechanical keyboard, thinking that it would be "more durable" than a cheap one.