Corsair Community

Pre-clean/flush components

NegativeD

Hi Everyone!

I recently bought a Corsair XD5 and XC7 and was hoping if you guys could answer some questions for me. I haven't done water cooling since people were using barb wires on fittings to prevent leaks so it has been a long time. What I do remember is we use to clean every single component when we first received them with distilled water (5% white vinegar for copper components like Rads).

Now does anyone have any cleaning method for the XD5 and XC7 before first-time use or is it even needed because now manufacturers are cleaning their products before they hit the shelves? I already cleaned out my radiators (both from Corsair and I have to say, there wasn't that much gunk that came out of the radiators).

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to flush pump or blocks as they come squeaky clean from the factory, but you can flush radiators if you really want to be 1.000.000% sure. I personally do it out of habit, although I found out it's not really necessary with CORSAIR radiators. All you need is distilled water, don't use anything else.