Corsair Community

Cracks visible in XC7 RGB

Hi2jack

Because the machining cutter head goes from one side to another. Machining copper tends to leave such burr marks as the material is very 'chewy', it's not brittle and refuses to chip off and vibrates during material removal process, hence the burr marks.

:biggrin::bigeyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I draind my system en filled it again. BTW after draining no cracks were visible. After filling I have speed up the pump up to 3500 PWM and let it run for an hour. All the airbubbles were gone in the cooling block and now no cracks were visible anymore. I am now sure that it was a reflecting of airbubbles.

Thx everyone for helping and advise. I am going to informe Corsair also so they don’t have to look into it anymore.

Greetings, Jack

• Like 1

:biggrin::bigeyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I draind my system en filled it again. BTW after draining no cracks were visible. After filling I have speed up the pump up to 3500 PWM and let it run for an hour. All the airbubbles were gone in the cooling block and now no cracks were visible anymore. I am now sure that it was a reflecting of airbubbles.

Thx everyone for helping and advise. I am going to informe Corsair also so they don’t have to look into it anymore.

Greetings, Jack

Thanks for coming back to confirm you are sorted :).. Panic over! :)