Corsair Community

iCue software version help? (looking for older version)

belboz

Everyone,

I just picked up a K95 Platinum keyboard a couple weeks ago.

I really dislike the iCue / Streamdeck integration. I don't like needing the streamdeck software to use the G keys.

Is there an older version of iCue that would handle programming the G keys on my keyboard without needing the streamdeck software?

My biggest gripes besides just needing the streamdeck software.

1) Many times when I double click the mini icon for streamdeck in the bottom right it won't see the iCue software. So I have to quit and reload the streamdeck software to be able to configure anything. Even though both run on launch.

2) I can't do per application profiles for the g-keys. I can setup profiles in the iCue software for per app lighting, etc. But streamdeck doesn't allow this except on the actual streamdeck devices.

So I am curious if there is a slightly older version of iCue that works with the keyboard, supports the g-keys, and will let me avoid all together the streamdeck software?

No i do not have a streamdeck.

However the G-keys with the latest iCue software require the streamdeck software to configure them.

I will attach a screenshot of what you see when trying to configure the g-keys in the icue software.

I am hoping someone can let me know if an older version gets rid of the need for streamdeck software.

Sadly Corsair support was no help. They just gave a canned response, and Elgato was more helpful but said they make a note that I would like per-app profiles for people with the corsair keyboards with g-keys configured by their streamdeck software

1781608447_2020-03-08(1).png.832ea6d51dc59fc794f13b1e45bac1b7.png

Yeah, I have multiple K95P and one XT, but I do not use the Elgato software. I was surprised when you mentioned it and it seems if you do install the software, then you are turning over the G-key functions to StreamDeck -- at least on the XT.