Corsair Community

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Updating CUE)

Slim.Jim

I just tried to update CUE to version 2.5.66 using the official download from corsair.com. As soon as the update started Windows 10 crashed and I got the above error with a BSOD. I can no longer boot, I get the same BSOD on each boot. Does anyone have any ideas to fix it? I am pretty sure it is a bad driver file and I need to delete the file but don't know the name. I can still access the HDD from OS X.

I removed the Corsair folder in "C:\Progam Files (x86)\Corsair", and the 2 driver files in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" both files started with CorsairVB, cant remember the correct names. Remove those things and windows should boot again.

EDIT: Re-installed old CUE 2.4.66 worked fine no BSODs over here.

I removed the Corsair folder in "C:\Progam Files (x86)\Corsair", and the 2 driver files in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" both files started with CorsairVB, cant remember the correct names. Remove those things and windows should boot again.

EDIT: Re-installed old CUE 2.4.66 worked fine no BSODs over here.

The file you need to remove to stop the BSOD is:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\CorsairVHidDriver.sys

I was eventually able to reinstall 2.4.66 and it is working fine for me as well.

UPDATE: Spoke too soon. Any re-mapped keys are not working.

I had the same problem at first as wel, though the steps to fix it are a bit fussy.

First BSOD i removed above mentioned files, re-installed key macros not working. After uninstalling and re-installing 2.4.66 BSOD again. But the second time i found more driver files in the system32/drivers folder, they appeared to be temp files deleted them to be sure. After that i re-installed 2.4.66 and no reboot and working macro keys.

The folders had some obscure name like CorsairDriversdk29291tc, so my recommendation is search for anything corsair related in the System32 folder.

I had the same problem at first as wel, though the steps to fix it are a bit fussy.

First BSOD i removed above mentioned files, re-installed key macros not working. After uninstalling and re-installing 2.4.66 BSOD again. But the second time i found more driver files in the system32/drivers folder, they appeared to be temp files deleted them to be sure. After that i re-installed 2.4.66 and no reboot and working macro keys.

The folders had some obscure name like CorsairDriversdk29291tc, so my recommendation is search for anything corsair related in the System32 folder.

I had deleted those folders when in OS X but they were stuck in a hidden .Trashes folder so I have since forced them to delete. I will have to try re-installing CUE again this evening. Glad there is hope to get it working properly without a complete re-install of Windows, already created the install media incase.

slim.jim, Can you try uninstalling CUE, go to the app data folder and delete the Corsair folder under local and roaming. Then run a reg edit and search for corsair and delete everything that pertains to CUE. Restart and reinstall.

Not sure if I got it all from the registry but I search several times.. there is a TON of stuff that mentions Corsair but not specifically CUE. Macros are still not working though.

Archived