Corsair Community

Please read if your H100i emits a "buzzing" or "grinding" or "rattling" sound

ersot

If your newly purchased H100i emits a "buzzing" or "grinding" or "rattling" sound such as

. Simply, plug your fan cables into your motherboard instead of your H100i--the noise should cease.

This troubleshooting information is courtesy to echosky.

In the meantime, if you are aware you have a faulty unit, please state that here.

• Corsair Employee
So it is the fan and not the pump right? Please make sure that this is the case even if the fans are being controlled via Corsair Link software. Try to slow it down or at least make sure that all 3 profiles are working when you select them.

I can't say for sure it is the fan, because the noise definitely come from the pump and radiator in my case.

This is what I think may be the problem. By itself, the H100i operates silently; however, once you plug fans into the H100i, I believe they may be drawing power away from H100i, which may be instigating this sound problem.

• Corsair Employee

We are looking into this Now and will follow up once we have some more testing done.

EDIT: I was just informed we have identified the issue and a new firmware should be released shortly that will correct this... In the event something else is made in the final determination we will inform you.

Archived