Corsair Community

ST100 - rainbow RGB when iCue is off

silver007

Hi,

just bought ST100. It's my third Corsair device linked to iCue and a first problem.

The thing is that ST100 goes into demo/rainbow mode when iCue is not running in background (turns into it just after I quit from the app). It means that during system startup it's shining like a princess (before iCue starts), same when system is shutting down. It basically ruins the whole look of my quite dark setup :)

I thought iCue somehow have a conflict with my motherboard RGB software (RGB Fusion from Aorus) but the same issue happens when I connect the stand to my laptop. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Firmware version: 0.04.106

iCUe version: 3.28.75

Windows 10

PS. Sorry for my English, I'm not a native.

There is nothing wrong, the ST100 has no hardware lightning. No memory that remember what profile you are using.

Are you sure about that? I found some old posts on reddit from people saying that they fixed that issue in some older iCue versions by disabling some other RGB software which was causing the issue (mystic light etc.). So if it worked for some of the people I don't think that it's internal memory problem.

Are you sure about that? I found some old posts on reddit from people saying that they fixed that issue in some older iCue versions by disabling some other RGB software which was causing the issue (mystic light etc.). So if it worked for some of the people I don't think that it's internal memory problem.

If i quit iQUE my ST100 leds starts directly to go back to rainbow, on other producs with hardware lightning you see that in iCUE but on the ST100 you dont have that oppotunity.

So you basically say - it is how it is - leave with it :)

Still I find it a bit strange that continuously powered device requires iCue running in the background to keep right color... Furthermore - there's no option to disable this silly rainbow mode :/

It's my first corsair device which acts like that. A bit disappointing.

I start to think about making a script to power USB device only when iCue service is running so to avoid this demo mode :/

• 3 months later...
There is nothing wrong, the ST100 has no hardware lightning. No memory that remember what profile you are using.

That's false. Clearly there's a controller in the ST100 because it defaults to the annoying Rainbow as soon as it's plugged into a PC. That controller is what's setting the lights to Rainbow. You should be able to change the default behavior to whatever you want.