Corsair Community

firmware failed keyboard dead

vlariz

• 4 weeks later...

i just got off the phone with tech support. heres what they told me ....

1. Please completely exit out of iCUE

2. Disconnect the unit entirely from your system

3. Using a paperclip, thumbtack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button (located next to the polling rate switch, under the left leg of the keyboard)

4. As it is pressed down, please connect the unit to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5. A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6. Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the ISP bin file that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7. Insert the unit as you normally would have the keyboard initialize.

send me your email and i can forward you the file. for some reason i keep getting an error on mine when i try to upload

I’m getting the same issue now bit annoying as I don’t have a spare keyboard in the house. Hopefully the support team get back in a timely manor as it’s toning to make this new working from home business a bit tricky using the on-screen keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...
I opened up iCue and seen I had both a keyboard update and an update for icue. I updated icue first and proceeded to update my keyboard. During the keyboard update it got to 75% and it failed. It left my keyboard in a brick state. I troubleshooted by disconnecting everything and reconnecting it after rebooting my computer and realized that my keyboard functioned when it was connected directly to the computer however if I opened up the iCue software it stopped working and if I connected the wireless receiver it would not recognize. I even looked for the option where I can try and reinitialize the connect between the keyboard and receiver however it no longer shows up as an option for me. I've tried force updating and it continues to stop at 75%. I uninstalled iCue and reinstalled it to see if it would make a difference and it didn't. Resetting the keyboard does not help because the issue is with the receiver not the keyboard. I did read that you can receive a file to do a manual firmware update but I cannot find the file anywhere on the corsair website. Is there a way I can receive it I need firmware 3.13

• 2 weeks later...
i just got off the phone with tech support. heres what they told me ....

1. Please completely exit out of iCUE

2. Disconnect the unit entirely from your system

3. Using a paperclip, thumbtack, or thin needle, please hold down on the reset button (located next to the polling rate switch, under the left leg of the keyboard)

4. As it is pressed down, please connect the unit to a USB 3.0 port on your system (please ensure the connector labeled with the keyboard icon is connected only)

5. A file explorer pop-up (check file explorer if it doesn't) will be displayed showing drive name as CRP_DISABLED

6. Please ensure you first delete the firmware.bin file that is on the CRP_DISABLED drive. Transfer the ISP bin file that is attached to this ticket over to the CRP_DISABLED drive.

7. Insert the unit as you normally would have the keyboard initialize.

send me your email and i can forward you the file. for some reason i keep getting an error on mine when i try to upload

Can anyone confirm that this is correct/this gentleman is trustworthy?