Corsair Community

M65 PRO RGB Not working or recognized

Radikul71

I have the M65 RGB Pro and the correct software ( CUE ) When I plug in the mouse it lights up but wont move the cursor , I had a Steel series mouse that the scroll wheel went wacky on me , very frustrating when trying to scroll windows and cycling weapons etc. Anyway I tried using my old mouse and it wouldn't work at all which it was before it just had a clicking issue, so back to the Steel Series mouse. So today I decided to go and buy a new mouse and bought the M65 Pro RGB because I already have the K55 RGB keyboard and CUE recognizes it, so why not have matching stuff right ? Well The mouse wont work but lights up . So , what's the deal ? Also tried more than 1 USB port too no luck . and just shows up in the device mgr. as an HID compliant mouse on Corsair composite virtual input device . I even uninstalled ALL of the mouse's and tried connecting the M65 and let it install alone by itself and no luck . Also I've updated the USB 3.0 Drivers which were not current to the latest drivers too .:mad::mad::mad: Edited by Radikul71

Open up your Device Manager, and enable seeing hidden devices. Uninstall the HID devices. You also didn't specify which OS. Win10 has 2 HID sections, one for HID devices and another for Mice.

You may have a device disabled in Device Manager, and it's preventing the device to function.

I showed two devices , one PS/2 mouse and one PS/2 keyboard which were not connected , not working properly or drivers not installed , I uninstalled them , but like I said , the Corsair mouse and keyboard are both there as HID compliant , keyboard works fine , not the mouse and nothing is disabled .

Ok , I've uninstalled ALL of the mouse's, unplugged the mouse I was using and restarted the pc , then I plugged in the M65 PRO RGB mouse, still not working, Used the keyboard to navigate to the device MGR and see that the M65 is there again as an HID- compliant mouse as well as the Microsoft PS/2 mouse which I just disabled along with the Microsoft PS/2 keyboard both of which were hidden thinking maybe its conflicting , still nothing, So I plug in my old mouse that works and here I am Dazed and confused, and getting no help from anyone here . WTF ???

• Corsair Employee
Are you connecting your mouse through a USB port or an adapter? Try connecting the mouse to a different set of USB ports on the back of the motherboard, and make sure your USB drivers are updated to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Are you connecting your mouse through a USB port or an adapter? Try connecting the mouse to a different set of USB ports on the back of the motherboard, and make sure your USB drivers are updated to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Thanks for your reply Nick, I was connecting to a port next to the one I have my K55 plugged into, did try other ports, didn't try the port that the keyboard was in though, Guy at Best Buy suggested that today when I was there at the store, But after 2 days of trying to make it work I returned it and got a Logitech G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM and it works just fine for me just like all other Logitech devices I've had and use plus it has 11 programmable buttons as opposed to the 8 on the M65 and it was on sale too got it for $49 $30 off the regular price , so I got it for the same price as the M65 which was also on sale $10 off the regular price of $59. USB drivers were older ones and I did update them as well .

I did consider exchanging the M65 for a different model Corsair mouse, but decided not to chance it not working either and having to make another trip to the store to return it as well.

Edited by Radikul71

Thanks for your reply Nick, I was connecting to a port next to the one I have my K55 plugged into, did try other ports, didn't try the port that the keyboard was in though, Guy at Best Buy suggested that today when I was there at the store, But after 2 days of trying to make it work I returned it and got a Logitech G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM and it works just fine for me just like all other Logitech devices I've had and use plus it has 11 programmable buttons as opposed to the 8 on the M65 and it was on sale too got it for $49 $30 off the regular price , so I got it for the same price as the M65 which was also on sale $10 off the regular price of $59. USB drivers were older ones and I did update them as well .

I did consider exchanging the M65 for a different model Corsair mouse, but decided not to chance it not working either and having to make another trip to the store to return it as well.

Another example of their subpar testing/support costing them a sale.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but it's the first link that comes up on Google with no solution.

I had a similar issues with my Vengeance M65. Where I was getting a list of 5 or 6 'HID compliant mouse' drivers. The part that's confusing is the driver for the Vengeance M65 is also called 'HID compliant mouse'

Solution (Windows 10):

Download the correct software under Gaming Mice, in this case you need to click Load More results and scroll down to the Vengeance M65 software.

Open the downloaded ZIP folder for the driver.

Open Device Manager.

Click View at the top and Show hidden devices.

Uninstall each HID compliant mouse, eventually it will uninstall the one you're using, hence why the ZIP folder is open.

Use the keyboard to uninstall the rest.

ALT-TAB to the ZIP folder and run the .exe for your driver. TAB your way through the installation.

Eventually it should only install the driver you need.

• 8 months later...
Open up your Device Manager, and enable seeing hidden devices. Uninstall the HID devices. You also didn't specify which OS. Win10 has 2 HID sections, one for HID devices and another for Mice.

You may have a device disabled in Device Manager, and it's preventing the device to function.

i know this is an old post, but just wanted to comment that this tip is GOLD. it fixed the issue i was having with my M65 RGB mouse not being detected on startup AND it seems to have fixed some other odd USB device issues.