Corsair Community

Scimitar Left Click issue

pacifista

Hello there,

Ok i'm not sure if it's the right place to put this but here we go.

I bought my Scimitar about 2 years ago, i think it was during the same period as right now.

It was working fine (other than the usual issues with CUE) until this morning.

For some reasons i found out that my left click was acting really weird when i started my PC. Basically when i clicked a link it opened a new tab instead of going straight to the link.

Then i went to the Software to check if for some reasons my settings were reset or whatnot. And to my surprise i found out that my Left Click was greyed out. I can't set an action as if the button was dead.

I was running an older firmware 2.04 and an older version of CUE that i didn't upgrade for a couple of months or so.

I then went for an upgrade, it's now using driver 3.10.125 of iCUE and the firmware 3.04.

Obviously i did reboot, plug-unplug the mouse, many times, it didn't fix the issue.

Here is a pic from the Software :

8nsWBca.jpg

So what's happening exactly ? Is it an hardware issue or it's related to the software ? Because the left click seems to still react but it feels broken for daily usage.

Another issue, related to the support assistance. I don't know if something is broken on the website but there was no way i could directly contact the support team through the website. I tried with firefox and vivaldi, addons on and off and still no way to get to the support ticket. I'm stuck at a page asking me my informations, after i submit it, it reloads the page to same the point. It's annoying. :(:

What should i do now ? Welp.

• 1 year later...
Hello there,

Ok i'm not sure if it's the right place to put this but here we go.

I bought my Scimitar about 2 years ago, i think it was during the same period as right now.

It was working fine (other than the usual issues with CUE) until this morning.

For some reasons i found out that my left click was acting really weird when i started my PC. Basically when i clicked a link it opened a new tab instead of going straight to the link.

Then i went to the Software to check if for some reasons my settings were reset or whatnot. And to my surprise i found out that my Left Click was greyed out. I can't set an action as if the button was dead.

I was running an older firmware 2.04 and an older version of CUE that i didn't upgrade for a couple of months or so.

I then went for an upgrade, it's now using driver 3.10.125 of iCUE and the firmware 3.04.

Obviously i did reboot, plug-unplug the mouse, many times, it didn't fix the issue.

Here is a pic from the Software :

8nsWBca.jpg

So what's happening exactly ? Is it an hardware issue or it's related to the software ? Because the left click seems to still react but it feels broken for daily usage.

Another issue, related to the support assistance. I don't know if something is broken on the website but there was no way i could directly contact the support team through the website. I tried with firefox and vivaldi, addons on and off and still no way to get to the support ticket. I'm stuck at a page asking me my informations, after i submit it, it reloads the page to same the point. It's annoying. :(:

What should i do now ? Welp.

Sorry for necroposting, but i have the same problem. This mouse is garbage, after less than 3 years, my left click needs more pressure to trigger it.

Here the "fix"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2521074-Guide-Corsair-Scimitar-Mouse-left-click-fix

No more Corsair mice.

Either the switch is getting old and faulty OR and I think this is more likely if you do not have double click issues is that the plastic part of the mouse, inside is worn so isn't pressing the little white button/tab on the switch properly thus your need to press harder.

My razer naga which I had when they first came out was made cheap like this and had the same issues so I had to DIY fix it by by gluing a "metal" cap on the end of the tab that presses on the switch itself though I ended up getting rid of it 6 months later as razer was simply to cheap to sell replacement covers for the mouse which would have been a better fix.

Most mice use similar omron switches of "varying" lifespans measured in million clicks so 10m or 20m or 50m though they all usually develop problems eventually.

For your problem though:

Keep in mind there is I believe different versions of this mouse so you may have to adapt the guide a little if things have been changed a bit on them.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2521074-Guide-Corsair-Scimitar-Mouse-left-click-fix

The pic of the scimitar in step 2 shows the worn tab, tab is a little different than on the razer naga but the "worn notch" is the exact same which tells me corsair uses the same cheapo soft plastic for that tab.

The fix for the scimitar looks easier than for the naga though simply due to how the worn tab is made as it looks easier to glue on a "fix or replacement" as the tab is more square so easier to glue on than the flat "thin" tab in the naga.

Keep in mind this is strictly a DIY thing so don't attempt a fix if under guarantee etc.

TmK041h.jpg

Edited by Fillmore Graves

• 2 months later...
Sorry for the necropost also, but just wanted to thank you for the pictures provided. I have similar issues as my clicks keep getting stuck, or sometimes it double clicks? Whatever the case, playing FPS games online has made it almost impossible to aim/shoot in duels. I had to slam down on the mouse buttons.