Corsair Community

2 diffrent fan types - 1 type wont light up

PaulAm87

Hi All,

So i have recently upgraded my PC but kept my case, aio and fans but since then my SP fans have stopped working, i have read the forums and got a lot of tips of things to try but nothing seems to have worked for me so far and i'm a bit lost.

So i have 2 ML 140's for the front of my case on my H115i aio - the fans PWM is attached to the connection on the H115i and the rgb connection is connected to the lightning node on ports 1 and 2 and attached to channel 1 on my commander pro.

i then have 3 SP120's pwm connections go directly to the commander pro attached to ports 1,2 and 3 and the RGB connections connected to a second lighting node which is attached to channel 2 on the commander pro.

the ML140's light up and and the SP120's don't, they have in the past but i can't see where the connections have changed during my upgrade. i have swapped the lighting nodes over changed the channel's and settings in Icue, i have tried different SATA power, unfortunately nothing has worked and my awful cable management feels like it has got worse. Has anyone got any suggestions on what else i could check?

Thanks Zotty, Your right i meant the RGB Fan LED hub, i just couldn't get the name right in my head lol unfortunately not i have read through it and nothing has really stood out, i have created a diagram of my setup though.

I have the one RGB Fan LED Hub on the same sata power lead as the H115i and the other RGB fan LED hub is on the same Sata power lead as the Commander pro.

i have swapped the hubs about but no change, changed the cables that connect the hubs to the commander pro. changed the sata power lead combinations around and even had the hub that has the fans not lighting up on its own sata power lead but still i can't get the SP120's to light up.

2027912664_CorsairCPsetup.thumb.jpg.6ce79c14640479f56131f48fa54873b5.jpg

your diagram looks sound..

so.. the Working ML fans.... what happens if you disconnect them.. change that hubs iCUE settings to SP and then plug the sp's in,,, you know that hub works.. should the not fans light up it has to be the fans right?.. but do make sure you have unplugged the ML fans first prior to swopping the SP fans on to it....

Edited by Zotty

thanks, i have tried that and every time the SP's fail to light but the ML's are fine. i have even tried one SP fan connected to the RGB hub to see if i can get one to light up incase another had failed and go round the 3 i have but i get nothing.

It's weird that all 3 have had there lights go at the same time but i think i have tried everything i can.

It is, I looked for damage on the cable incase on was damaged but everything looks perfectly fine. Oh well will just need to save up for some 120 ML fans ... maybe get a bigger case too the meshify c I have was meant for a lot if the cabling lol