Corsair Community

No 3 pin fan output to Node pro on commander core

steveG2019

ive just installed a set of SP120 RGB PRO fans & the commander core that comes with the kit does not have the 7th output socket which you use to connect the commander core to the node pro, am i missing something or does that mean ive got to buy a REAL commander core to connect to the node pro when i get it or are you supposed to run them separately?

google is not my friend on this one :sigh!:

I'm not really sure what you are looking for here. There is no "Commander Core". There's a "Lighting Node Core", which is a combination of a LNP and a Fan Hub with a single channel. And I'm not sure what you mean by this Node Pro connection.

Start with the RGB FAQ - in my sig.

A) The Lighting Node Core is new. So an LNP + Fan Hub used to be the only way to do it.

B) Using the LNP, you have two channels. So you can do more RGB than with a LNC.

C) Using an LNP, you need to use 2 SATA power connectors and place two devices. The LNC makes this simpler - 1 device that works for 6 fans.

The LNC was in response to some criticisms that the Corsair system was "too complex" ... you needed two devices just to run a couple of RGB fans.

It's not "just a fan hub" - and what you described isn't. The Lighting Node Core doesn't have an input for signal from a LNP or CP. It does, however, have a USB connector to connect to your motherboard.

The LNC is a combination of 1/2 of a LNP and a Fan Hub in a single device. It has the microcontroller unit to generate the RGB signal to the fans - the RGB Fan LED Hub does not. The Fan Hub relies on a CP or LNP to generated the RGB control signal.