Corsair Community

Commander Pro USB Resetting

ShadyPyro

So I have a new build. The issue I am experiencing is the Commander Pro is resetting the entire USB bus it is connected to including all devices on the same bus if any. Took a bit of trouble shooting to isolate this. I have moved the internal adapter as well and its present on both internal USB headers.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I thought that it was an issue with my build.

It is happening randomly with no reason.

Latest firmware on commander pro and running iCue.

It does that with every version of iCue so far.

Any chance someone from Corsair could investigate this?

Have you opened a ticket?

So update. I called corsair, they had me rma the commander pro. New one still does it. Put in a case with asus maybe an issue with the mobo. Received a new board. still happening. I've tried different power rails still happening. Tis sad.

I have this same issue, commander pro will reset the entire bus it is connected to. I've isolated it by switching USB bus ports on the motherboard and monitoring with USBLogView, and sure enough it will reset the entire bus. I was able to move it to its own bus at least, for now.

Asus X570-Pro on bios firmware 1005 with Commander Pro on 0.9.212 and iCue 3.19.120. (Latest)

Was also tested on earlier versions that everything shipped with, same result.

edit: I also disabled the usb connect/disconnect sound by setting it to none in sound preferences, for sanity reasons.

Edited by neutral

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone got anywhere with this? Having the same issues - have disabled the usb sound but the lights resetting is bugging me =)

Dumb question, but how do you disable the usb sound? I have something doing the exact same thing. Not sure if it’s my co pros or not. I have 2.

I dont have the rgb on the fans change when this happens though.

Dumb question, but how do you disable the usb sound? I have something doing the exact same thing. Not sure if it’s my co pros or not. I have 2.

I dont have the rgb on the fans change when this happens though.

Open "Control Panel" then open Sound, then go to the Sounds tab and scroll down till you see device Connect and Device Disconnect and set them both to none.

I have the commander pro and lighting hub connected, the lights "LL120" are normally set to a red theme but frequently reset themselves to the default "Rainbow"

Hi, I have the exact same issue, usb hub resetting with windows sound, commander pro disconnecting leds briefly.

Been troubleshooting for a fix, reinstalled windows, changed usb power settings, corsair firmware update etc. After loads of looking round one of the main similarities in the forums is the commander pro with the asus x570 prime pro mobo, it seems like a compatibly problem.

I've tried everything I can to sort this issue, i'm in the midst of a support ticket right now where they are sending a front panel usb replacement on my obsidian 500d se case, which clearly isn't the problem.

If I find a work around or an answer from support I'll post back.

Any other x570 prime pro users having this problem? If so it's worth mentioning here, maybe getting enough comments to take to asus/ Corsair showing there is infact a problem and it's not an isolated incident.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ...am having the same issue. Also with x570.

While having my lights / fans / whatever reset occasionally is annoying at best, I am also using USB KB/Mouse and it's a whole level worse.

While gaming, it is treacherous to completely lose input for 1-3 seconds while the entire USB Bus resets. I ended up just disconnecting the internal header for now. Hopefully corsair figures this one out, sounds like it may not be a hardware issue with the commander pro since multiple users have had RMA's perform identically.

Hey new here

Did anyone get a fix for this? I have an Asus prime x570 pro and commander pro. I get the issue with USB's disconnecting and reconnecting slightly after, this is somehow interfering with my Logitech headset by cutting the audio from it. some times its worse than others and is currently causing my games to freeze when the disconnection happens?

This is very frustrating and corsair are taking the whole 2 days for every reply I give to them on my support ticket.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on this from Corsair or Asus? I'm having the same issues on a fresh new build featuring The Asus Prime x570 pro on the latest bios.This seams like an Asus issue almost. My commander pro worked great on my b450 Asus board from my last build. Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing!

Any updates on this from Corsair or Asus? I'm having the same issues on a fresh new build featuring The Asus Prime x570 pro on the latest bios.This seams like an Asus issue almost. My commander pro worked great on my b450 Asus board from my last build. Thanks for the info and thanks for sharing!

As per todays response from corsair they say its because the asus prime pro x570 has an "unique usb chipset"

As per todays response from corsair they say its because the asus prime pro x570 has an "unique usb chipset"

Hmmm I'd like to see what's so unique about it, and why it's only the commander pro that's having issues with it. Thanks for the reply looking forward to any updates!