Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.9.3 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.9.9.3.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.9.9.3, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Release note:

• Maintenance release to fix security bug.

My corsair Link wont allow me to update to v4.9.9.3, It keeps saying "Cant download updates now. Please Try again Later."

I'm on link v4.9.7.35 and I'm using Windows 7, so is it something on your end? or is there a file I can download somewhere.

I have a H100i Extreme Performance (CW-9060009-WW) and did install over existing v4.9.7.35 and it was seen right away and kept all my settings.

Win Server 2016 OS.

The v4.9.7.35 would not see the update since it was unable to communicate but v4.9.9.3 says I am running most current version.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Technobeard
removed 3rd party download link

1) Link v4.9.9.3

2) Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

3) Corsair Link is not detecting GTX H100i and reading AMD Ryzen 5 2600 package temperature ~+60°C above other applications. Fan header set to 100% and USB plugged into only USB2.0 header on motherboard.

Edit: This is a new PC build, none of the versions of Link detect the GTX H100i.

Edited by Pondering

You can download it directly from Corsair site:

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads

Press "load more" and you'll see it as the second download option of Corsair Link.

Thanks. I did not see the 'load more' You'd think the most recent would be the top of the list, right?

I appreciate dc8flyer providing another source but I am more comfortable getting it from the source rather a third party.

will trying to install the latest version update the current one? since the auto update doesn't work..

EDIT:

just tried to upgrade and it did, also saved all my settings.

thanks for making a software upgrade a breeze..

my Corsair Hydro H110i 280mm Extreme Performance is visible.

is there any plan to make the SSD/HDD temperature visible again since it was removed 2 version ago due to sleep prevention? perhaps iCUE has this feature instead?

was also surprised LINK got an update since i thought its discontinued, being replaced by iCUE (although from the change-log there is no new feature so it might be correct).

Edited by Templ4r

But do the authors of Link see what is wrong in this picture? Now I've written code to get the right answer and this machine always gives me the right answer when it's done according to the proper methods outlined by Microsoft. Looks like Link thinks I never upgraded...

GuruSR.

Umm-Huh.thumb.JPG.965bae9810ca001b0db670cdc086da58.JPG

Updated iCue software to 3.11.114 and my H80i v2 is not recognized.

opened Corsair Link. It said there was an updated version. Could not update via product.

Downloaded 4.9.9.3.

Successfully installed, but even after hard booting my H80i v2 is not recognized

iCue does support the H80i V2. I would check that you're powering the cooler correctly. See section B of the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked below.

You don't get it. iCue and Corsair Link were working fine until the iCue update.

Notice my username? I've been building these things for a while.

Also, I'm not the only one to report such an issue

iCue does support the H80i V2. I would check that you're powering the cooler correctly. See section B of the Liquid Cooler FAQ linked below.

Just got off phone with Corsair Technical Support. It appears that this is a known bug, likely firmware, and should be addressed in an update in about a week.

I find it really hard to believe that Corsair did not properly test its software update against a current version of this cooler H80i v.2

Windows 7 64 Bit Professional

Link v4.9.9.3

I am trying to set up the pump RGB to display temperature sensitive colors.

I set:

Blue to 140 F

Yellow to 150 F

red to 160 F

Even trying a static color has no effect.

But the pump RGB stays purple.

Any help would be appreciated.

My corsair Link wont allow me to update to v4.9.9.3, It keeps saying "Cant download updates now. Please Try again Later."

I'm on link v4.9.7.35 and I'm using Windows 7, so is it something on your end? or is there a file I can download somewhere.

Same thing does with me....

Version of your Link software. 4.9.9.3

What version of Windows you're using. Windows 10

Summary - Tried to update Corsair Link, but it fails to open from the desktop short cut.

Detailed description of the issue - I uninstalled old version of software to download and install newer 4.9.9.3 Link software. But the program will not open from the Desktop shortcut. It appears that it is not installed. But the app does open as soon as it is installed, just not from the short cut. Programs in the Control Panel shows that it is installed, but it just does not open. I get a pop up message that says: Problem with Shortcut: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

https://i.imgur.com/y5rCbYS.png

Untitled.thumb.png.be347dc296bcb4eeb0016931c5175336.png

Updated iCue software to 3.11.114 and my H80i v2 is not recognized.

opened Corsair Link. It said there was an updated version. Could not update via product.

Downloaded 4.9.9.3.

Successfully installed, but even after hard booting my H80i v2 is not recognized

Corsair Link and iCue Software were recognizing and controlling my H80i v2 properly until I updated iCue Software to 3.11.114. I was also on Corsair Link 4.9.7.35

To try to fix issue, updated Corsair Link to 4.9.9.3

It failed to fix issue.

Called Corsair support, and they told me there was a bug "probably firmware" it should be fixed in about a week

Today updated Corsair Link to 3.11.118

Again, software does not recognize H80i v2

372099793_CorsairiCue3_12_118.thumb.jpg.e61d0eeb3036faa3e69d609c0117952e.jpg

2055592045_CorsairLink4.9.9.3.thumb.jpg.c1a741382e8545292d26cf159bb729cc.jpg

Version of your Link software. 4.9.9.3

What version of Windows you're using. Windows 10

Summary - Tried to update Corsair Link, but it fails to open from the desktop short cut.

Detailed description of the issue - I uninstalled old version of software to download and install newer 4.9.9.3 Link software. But the program will not open from the Desktop shortcut. It appears that it is not installed. But the app does open as soon as it is installed, just not from the short cut. Programs in the Control Panel shows that it is installed, but it just does not open. I get a pop up message that says: Problem with Shortcut: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed.

Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

https://i.imgur.com/y5rCbYS.png

Right click on that broken shortcut and delete it, it is broken. Next go to the Start Menu (bottom left corner Windows button, or the same key on your keyboard), look for Corsair LINK in the "C"'s in the left side, select the main folder so you can see the shortcut, right click on Corsair Link 4, select "More", then "Open File Location". A window will open showing the actual shortcut from the Start Menu, using your right mouse button on that shortcut, drag (yes, with the right mouse, not the left) out to your desktop and let go. A menu will open, select "Copy". Close the window and move the icon where you want it.

GuruSR.