Corsair Community

Hydro H150i not detected in Corsair Link (or iCue)

TrainwreckX

Hi there!

I just built a brand new PC yesterday from the ground up - all new parts. The hardware profile is in my user profile, but I'll specify my Corsair RGB below.

6 LL-series fans all connected through their fan controller for RGB (then the Commander Pro channel 1) and through the Commander Pro for fan control.

4 Corsair RGB strips on Commander Pro channel 2 with a single extension cable.

2 Corsair PC3200 RGB DIMM in channel 2 and 4 on my Asus Maximus X Code

1 Corsair Hydro H150i Pump (uses 3 of the above LL fans for RAD cooling instead of the stock fans)

Corsair Link updated to the latest version (4.9.7.35)

I've been having troubles controlling the Hydro pump, and it's been inconsistent. For starters I will say I've tried both iCue and Corsair Link 3 times each (with a complete uninstall/reinstall for each one each time). All of the above devices I've mentioned show up successfully in both programs except for the pump.

I'm leaning toward wanting to use Corsair Link for now if I can get it to work because I like the UI more and because iCue made my LL fans start going crazy this morning without changing any settings (colors and speed were all over the place and they were flickering). That's besides the point.

What I've tried so far is switching which of the two Commander Pro USB headers I connect the pump to. That actually fixed it (temporarily) and I saw the Hydro in Link. Then I went to finally do the cable management on this new system and in doing so, even though I connected everything the same way, I lost the Hydro again.

It seems to be cooling correct and lighting up (default) correctly. So this issue seems localized to the USB portion of it for detection/control.

I've seen mention of issues with enabling Corsair USBXp Driver in Device Manager for some people, but I don't even SEE this driver in my Device Manager. I've also seen mention of other monitoring software causing issues but I don't have anything installed on this system besides Office and a bunch of games (remember it's all new).

I've updated all of my drivers, including the motherboard and BIOS, to their latest versions. Still no 150i control.

Please help.

Edited by TrainwreckX

I've done that a few times because I agree, it's very easy to do on the CoPro. But yeah, it's on the CoPro and I've tried both of the USB ports on it.

Getting it to work originally required me to move it from one to the other. It's possible it may be off by a pin now but looking at it there is the same clearance on both sides. I can't see directly into the USB port on the CoPro because it's mounted now (sadly I had mounted everything when it was all working for a short period).

So ... in your BIOS, can you check for XHCI Handoff -> Should be enabled. Also check "Fast Boot" -> Should be disabled. A final thing to check is to disable Windows Fast Startup.

Other things to check : change the cable out. Use a standard micro USB to USB A cable (and make sure that you use a data cable; some cables only charge devices and don't have the data pins connected).

Yeah I gave up looking around my house for a data cable last night. I know I have one and I had seen you reply to another thread about a similar topic with that idea. It's a good idea to at least factor some things out. I also should try the existing cable directly in the main board (unplugging the CoPro) just to know if the cable is fine.

Lastly, I think this could very well be related to my issue - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170885

Unsurprisingly the cable run to the outside ports of my MOBO worked and I can control the pump in iCue now. So I think that firmware issue may not be fixed. Nor did we ever see confirmation in that thread (or elsewhere) that it was. It was never listed as fixed in patch notes. The only other logical possibility is that it's my internal header cable. I can try unwiring it just to factor it out...

Yes, I think that we are down to the internal header cable or the CoPro.

So let's see if we can eliminate one or the other. How about you plug the internal header into an internal USB header?

The issue mentioned on the previous thread impacted only Ryzen systems. Which you don't have.

Some other things to check:

Disable Fast Boot in the BIOS.

Enable XHCI Handoff in the BIOS. (or disable if currently enabled but it should be enabled).

Also, can you verify the voltage readout on your CoPro? A screen cap, perhaps?

• Like 1

Yes, I think that we are down to the internal header cable or the CoPro.

So let's see if we can eliminate one or the other. How about you plug the internal header into an internal USB header?

The issue mentioned on the previous thread impacted only Ryzen systems. Which you don't have.

Some other things to check:

Disable Fast Boot in the BIOS.

Enable XHCI Handoff in the BIOS. (or disable if currently enabled but it should be enabled).

Also, can you verify the voltage readout on your CoPro? A screen cap, perhaps?

I forgot to tell you that I checked XHCI and Fast Boot settings (in Win10 and the BIOS) and everything is as you expected.

I'll look at the voltage tomorrow when I mess with the header cable.

My understanding, reading back through that thread, is that the issue was not with Ryzen systems after further cases surfaced. It was actually issues with any board that used an ASMedia USB host controller, which my Intel board does (as it is listed in the Device Manager). There are a couple of other Intel people reporting the problem in that thread, too.

On the Intel boards, the AsMedia controller is typically the USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller, not the USB 2.0 controller. The Intel chipsets support more USB 2.0 ports than most manufacturers actually put on their boards.

That said, you should also make sure that you use the Intel Chipset install. While Windows will pick them up automatically, things aren't always 100% Kosher with the default Windows drivers for the chipset.

• 3 weeks later...
Im having the same issue with a h100iv2 fans are spinning but not showing up in corsair link or the driver being detected in my device manager its really aggravating that it was just working before I upgraded parts and now its not even detected

What parts did you upgrade?

Who is the OEM of your GPU?

Are you running any monitoring software?

Typically, when something goes south after an upgrade of hardware, it's something in the new hardware or its configuration.

cpu mobo and ram from i7-4770k to i7-8700k, rog hero vii to asrock z370 killer sli/ac, and hyperx blues 1600mhz 16gb to corsair lpx 3000mhz 16gb. GPU is Zotac 1070 Founders edition. Nothing else besides Precision XOC. If I may add the 3 pin coming off the cooler is on cpu fan 1 and it has power (spins the fans + white led is on) but if I disconnect it the 3 pin the fans stop and the led is off. As for the corsair link cable it does not have any affect when I plug or unplug it into a USB header on the mobo or the front USB panels I went out and bought a brand new cable just to test, starting it think its the port on the cooler that the link cable plugs into.

• 3 weeks later...

so, the icue software when it did take control over the water coolers randomly put their settings back to quiet... the fix for that was to arrange the list so the speed you wanted was at the top.... but that never worked for me because i have my fans on balanced and pump on extreme and only one setting option can be at the top.... why not test the product properly before releasing it?

Now there as been the icue update and removed the support for water coolers, CL4 doesn't even pick up that the cooler is connected. why not test the product properly before reverting it?

So, who do i go to when the shocking customer support from corsair and their shoddy software overheats and damages my PC?

so, the icue software when it did take control over the water coolers randomly put their settings back to quiet... the fix for that was to arrange the list so the speed you wanted was at the top.... but that never worked for me because i have my fans on balanced and pump on extreme and only one setting option can be at the top.... why not test the product properly before releasing it?

Now there as been the icue update and removed the support for water coolers, CL4 doesn't even pick up that the cooler is connected. why not test the product properly before reverting it?

So, who do i go to when the shocking customer support from corsair and their shoddy software overheats and damages my PC?

Why don't you try updating to the current version of iCUE (3.5.111). Most of the discussion here relates to prior versions. Link is unchanged, so you can always go back to that.

Not recognizing the H150i is typically not an iCUE/Link issue. Are you having trouble with the system recognizing your cooler?

The Profile you want should be on top. Not the settings in the performance tab. The first profile in the list is what is applied when iCue starts. It has nothing to do with the order that the settings are applied in the Performance tab.

And what support for water coolers was removed from iCue? Where are you getting this? Considering that I have 4 Corsair AIO coolers running in different systems and they are all supported in iCue ... I've gotta say that this statement isn't accurate.

• 1 month later...
I tried to upgrade from corsair link to icue, nearly filled my pants lol, the pump was going OK but the fans were spinning at bear minimum causing the thermal alarm to ring on the mobo, and couldn't control anything. That Icue software is dangerous in my opinion. I have a feeling there's gonna be heat stress marks on my cpu now. I resolved it by uninstalling icue and manually removing the usb device in devices and printers and then uninstalling corsair bus in system devices and removing ghost usb device from USB devices. Powered off, cut the power to the mobo and re plugged the usb lead into pump. Corsair link is working fine again. Icue is not for me. My Cooler is h150i. Edited by boe323

• 10 months later...
Look in Device Manager. Do you see any unknown or disabled devices?

I came looking for info because I had the same issue, and I cannot wait until I replace everything with this crap of a company's name on it.

• 4 months later...
I came looking for info because I had the same issue, and I cannot wait until I replace everything with this crap of a company's name on it.

I also having issue that the icue cant find the pump, everything else is work as it should. Just not the RGB on the pump. Suck!