Commander Pro USB Resetting

ShadyPyro

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm I'd like to see what's so unique about it, and why it's only the commander pro that's having issues with it. Thanks for the reply looking forward to any updates!

If your curious, buildzoid did a breakdown on the MMB (you can scroll through it) to see what new chipset they are using for USB and yes; its a newer one indeed.

Can confirm nzxt hub solved my problem for now. now i hope they can figure out why on ryzen 3000 icue causes the cores to never sleep and lock in at 1.4x+ volts.

Thanks for letting everyone know :). I'd rather not buy another (SATA powered) device just to fix something like this, but I am considering it.

I pulled the trigger on purchasing the NZXT Internal USB Hub. Connecting the Commander Pro to this solved my Commander Pro disconnecting and reconnecting problem. The USB hub of the Commander Pro also works now.

I'd rather see the Commander Pro + Prime X570-Pro compatibility issue resolved, but this is a nice temporary solution.

I registered on this forum just to chime in that I'm having this problem too. ASUS Prime X5700-Pro Motherboard here. I installed a Commander Pro today with 6 ML120 RBG fans and for whatever reason, "Aura LED Controller" kept disconnecting and reconnecting, which kept putting my static blue mobo RGB colors back to the factory default Rainbow setting.

So far the two solutions I've seen are 1) Uninstall Aura Sync, or 2) Install an internal USB hub. I don't have a hub so I've tried uninstalling Aura Sync and that seems to work. No lights on my motherboard right now which I find frustrating.

Edit: Aura Sync uninstalled (but I didn't reboot my PC) and I ran into the problem again. I've since rebooted my PC and will see the disconnect/reconnect issue happens again.

Edit 2: The problem occurred again. Mobo RGB didn't flicker but my ML 120 fans did.

Anyone have any idea if a USB header splitter might work?

Edited by excel958

The nzxt hub was the only way I could stop the dinging. These problems are annoying but it's under control now. Now the next issue is Corsair admitting that they need to fix the icue software that I can't even run because of the insane high voltages and not allowing the cores to sleep. I'm baffled by the lack of response or care from them at this point and considering changing eco systems. /End rant:mad:

I bought one of these splitters on Amazon to see if this would help with the disconnects, but they are still happening. I might have to try the NZXT hub like others mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NTL8179/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just built my computer a couple of weeks ago, and I have mixed feelings about seeing other people having the same issue. I'm glad that I am not the only one with problems, but I am disappointed in Corsair that this is still an issue with very little communication.

Hi, I have the exact same issue, usb hub resetting with windows sound, commander pro disconnecting leds briefly.

Been troubleshooting for a fix, reinstalled windows, changed usb power settings, corsair firmware update etc. After loads of looking round one of the main similarities in the forums is the commander pro with the asus x570 prime pro mobo, it seems like a compatibly problem.

I've tried everything I can to sort this issue, i'm in the midst of a support ticket right now where they are sending a front panel usb replacement on my obsidian 500d se case, which clearly isn't the problem.

If I find a work around or an answer from support I'll post back.

Any other x570 prime pro users having this problem? If so it's worth mentioning here, maybe getting enough comments to take to asus/ Corsair showing there is infact a problem and it's not an isolated incident.

Hello #14

I have the same problem as you and also have a Prime X570-pro.

SO, is that only this Mobo has this compatibility problem?

Thanks for this thread!

I was also having issues on the CoPro/HX1000i/LNP , I could get two devices working in iCUE fairly reliably but trying to get 3 (by combining the HX1000i/LNP in to a single USB Header) worked unreliably, they'd show up most of the time but would not change configurations and firmware updates on the LNP would hang.

The internal NZXT Hub worked a treat, not only do all the link devices show immediately and reliably, but also the CoPro USB headers now worked flawlessly!

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue on new build. Created tickets with ASUS and Corsair, we will see what happens.

Don't replace the board lol its annoying and won't solve anything.

I have't heard back from corsair since the original we need to figure it out in icue comment they gave me.

So far the nzxt header works for most people. If you have the commander pro on the same usb as the mobo rgb you can disable usb disconnect sounds to make the noise go away.

Hi, I have the exact same issue, usb hub resetting with windows sound, commander pro disconnecting leds briefly.

Been troubleshooting for a fix, reinstalled windows, changed usb power settings, corsair firmware update etc. After loads of looking round one of the main similarities in the forums is the commander pro with the asus x570 prime pro mobo, it seems like a compatibly problem.

I've tried everything I can to sort this issue, i'm in the midst of a support ticket right now where they are sending a front panel usb replacement on my obsidian 500d se case, which clearly isn't the problem.

If I find a work around or an answer from support I'll post back.

Any other x570 prime pro users having this problem? If so it's worth mentioning here, maybe getting enough comments to take to asus/ Corsair showing there is infact a problem and it's not an isolated incident.

I have the same problem and board... Dec 8 2019

Same problem here with Asus Prime X570-Pro, Commander Pro, 9 LL120 Fans and 2 Lightning Node Pro.

Random (every ten minutes or so) USB disconnect/connect sound and flickering LED's.

So there's no fix yet? Did someone had a reply or updates from Asus/Corsair?

This is annoying, we have the same board and still no reply from corsair!

Posted this on another thread but this one seems like the most comprehensive thread going.

Same issues here.

Setup:

Asus Prime X570 Pro

Ryzen 9 3900X

4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

Corsair H115i Plat (Replaced ML 140's with LL 140's)

Corsair RM850x PSU

Corsair RGB Strips

Corsair 680x Case. 3 LL120's on the front, 3 LL140's on bottom/rear. Power connected to Corsair Commander Pro. RGB is connected to a Corsair RGB fan hub.

When the H115i is plugged into the Commander Pro it is not recognized. Lighting Node Pro also Not recognized when plugged into CoPro.

ALL USB devices disconnecting at random intervals. This sucks especially while gaming because all control is lost for about 2 seconds.

I even have tried connecting CoPro, RGB Lighting Hub, and Lighting Node Pro power on 3 separate Sata power rails on the PSU in case something was drawing too much power and it still happens. As others have said this seems to be happening on ASUS boards and primarily the Prime Pro. I see hundreds of these posts and I can't tell if it's an ASUS issue or a Corsair issue. Or even what the exact issue is...

I really bought into this ecosystem and is the ONLY fix going to be buying a different motherboard brand like MSI or Gigabyte?

I ordered the NZXT hub because that seems like a good temporary fix but I think the larger issue needs to be addressed here.

I ordered the NZXT hub because that seems like a good temporary fix but I think the larger issue needs to be addressed here.

Can you post a link to this NZXT hub? Is it this one?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

My setup is almost the same and same problem:

Asus Prime X570 Pro

Ryzen 9 3900X

4x8GB Corsair Vengeance White RGB Pro

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum

Corsair RM850x PSU White

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Window White

9x LL120 RGB White (2x Corsair RGB fan hub)

1x Commander Pro

CorsairJordan

Corsair Support

1 point

·

19 hours ago

Unfortunately, it may best to return it with that particular board. We've confirmed that the motherboard uses a different controller which doesn't play along with the Commander Pro.

THIS IS THE ANSWER.. A BIG F U