Corsair Community

Commander Pro constantly connecting/disconnecting

TIO

I have a problem with Commander Pro. One of it’s usb extension socket is constantly connecting and disconnecting as a generic usb-hub in a loop. Pinpointed the culprit and it’s the Commander itself, not the AIO connected to it’s usb socket. Tested by removing the AIO from the extension usb-socket. Won’t help.

I’ve tried removing power saving features from all usb-devices in device management and in control panel power plan additional settings. (My W10 64 bit is not in english so excuse me if I got the names wrong)

I’ve as well tried to disable xHCI in bios. No help at all.

Everything works fine in Corsair Link which is the newest. MoBo drivers, bios and chipset sw is the newest. All connections checked. The Commander is well connected to MoBo in which the usb-connector works with no problems.

The loop is never ending and repeats itself every 2 seconds.

Help is much appreciated. Asked some help from another forum with 500k users and got 25 answers. Didn’t help. So this is a weird one.

I'm having the same issue. Makes it impossible to configure the fans. They keep popping in and out of fans section in Corsair Link.

I'm running a Commander Pro with 5 Corsair HD120 fans. Both Corsair Link and Commander Pro are on the latest software.

The LEDs of each fan are not doing this though, so I'm really not sure what is going on here.

So I was also having this issue. I narrowed it down to hwinfo. Soon as I exited out of hwinfo, went under task manager and closed corsair link software down then restarted corsair link back up, my second commander pro started working correctly.

To make absolutely sure, I uninstalled hwinfo, restarted my pc and checked back under corsair link and sure enough everything was working.

So if you happen to be using hwinfo, or maybe any other hardware monitoring software try without those running.

So I was also having this issue. I narrowed it down to hwinfo.

You can use the "portable installer" to disengage the HWINFO driver when its not running. That helps somewhat, but you still have to manage the two for simultaneous use. You can disable the Corsair sensor monitoring (HWINFO will prompt you) to run them side by side. You can also exit Link/iCUE and run the full version.

Side Question: Are you able to see your Commander Pro in HWINFO? It was always there and subject to the rules above. Then about a month ago mine no longer shows -- no fan speeds, no temps probes. The Corsair H115i Pro that is piggy backed onto the C-Pro still does show up. C-Pro shows up in Link/iCUE normally. I haven't seen any other complaints, but I am wondering if support was pulled for one reason or another.

• 2 months later...

I've had similar problem and I solved it in similar way (HWINFO issue) like this:

1) in HWINFO settings, during the launch of this application, uncheck Persistent driver, install driver manually in the very same window, then unistall it right after this and launch the app.

2) Close HWINFO. Close iCue. Uninstall iCue (there is no need to remove user data, I've kept mine at least).

3) Uninstall HWINFO.

4) Restart PC.

5) Install fresh version of iCue.

After this, I no longer have HWINFO in installed apps, but at least I don't have a diconnection sound every minute or few. There must be some kind of conflict with HWINFO persistent driver or one of the MB sensors. MB is Asus Z87 Plus.

EDIT: Unfortunately issue returned after couple of restarts. I'll monitor what is going on.

EDIT2: Issue located: it is a problem with "Generic Host USB 2.0". I've narrowed it down to some kind of incompatibility on IRQ/driver level. So far changing the internal USB port from USB2 to USB4 solved the problem.

Edited by EvilKillaruna

• 11 months later...

I know this Thread is a bit older but I had the Issue with my Commander not reporting Values and disconnecting too. I'm using HWiNFO too. I managed to fix the Problem for today 2 Weeks now. Multiple reboots and Windows/HWiNFO/iCUE Updates later it still works.

Here is my fix:

- Launch HWiNFO

- Go to Settings

- Navigate to Layout

- Scroll down to the Entry "[Corsair CLCP]"

(You should now see the following entries depending on how many things are connected: Temperature 1-4, +12V, +5V and Fans 1-6)

- Uncheck the box next to "Monitoring"

If you are having multiple Corsair Devices there might be more Entries. For me it fixed not only my Commander but my H150i and my Vengeance RGB Pro is working correctly now and they all are keeping their iCUE Settings and are reporting Values as they should.

Edited by FunkeJosh

I know this Thread is a bit older but I had the Issue with my Commander not reporting Values and disconnecting too. I'm using HWiNFO too. I managed to fix the Problem for today 2 Weeks now. Multiple reboots and Windows/HWiNFO/iCUE Updates later it still works.

Here is my fix:

- Launch HWiNFO

- Go to Settings

- Navigate to Layout

- Scroll down to the Entry "[Corsair CLCP]"

(You should now see the following entries depending on how many things are connected: Temperature 1-4, +12V, +5V and Fans 1-6)

- Uncheck the box next to "Monitoring"

If you are having multiple Corsair Devices there might be more Entries. For me it fixed not only my Commander but my H150i and my Vengeance RGB Pro is working correctly now and they all are keeping their iCUE Settings and are reporting Values as they should.

It's actually better to go into the settings and disable Corsair Link/Asetek functionality. The fact that's it's listed in the "Safety" settings should be a clue.