The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2016, 08:55 PM
raakande's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854385
raakande Reputation: 10
Default M65 Pro RGB spontanious sensitivity change

Mouse (or software) changes the sensitivity to about 2.5x (to ~4000dpi) from what I normally use suddenly every ~5-20 minutes. To change it back i need to go to the software or press the sniper button once. Any cure?

Old 05-26-2016, 04:37 AM

POST ID # = 854656
kott Reputation: 10

Experiencing the very same thing, present on the firmware that came with the mouse as well as with the latest version available. Usually happens every 10-20 minutes similar to raakande, it always increases and is temporarily solved for me by manually on the mouse adjusting the dpi down and back up (down arrow + up arrow).

Last edited by kott; 05-26-2016 at 04:48 AM.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:51 PM
Bojamijams's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855730
Bojamijams Reputation: 10

I am also exhibiting this issue. Happening a lot in Starcraft 2. Does Corsair read this or do we need to post under Support forum?

Old 06-01-2016, 12:49 AM
raakande's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855749

I unistalled the corsair software and the problem occurs less often... maybe once in an hour. This will be my last corsair product.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Bojamijams's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855798

Quote:
Originally Posted by raakande View Post
I unistalled the corsair software and the problem occurs less often... maybe once in an hour. This will be my last corsair product.
Did you try saving your settings to the mouse and not running CUE in the background?

That is how I noticed my issue (though it could also be the latest firmware).

I've since re-enabled running CUE with Windows Start (and thus in background) and will monitor.

BTW, Are you running Windows 10?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:48 AM
raakande's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
Did you try saving your settings to the mouse and not running CUE in the background?

That is how I noticed my issue (though it could also be the latest firmware).

I've since re-enabled running CUE with Windows Start (and thus in background) and will monitor.

BTW, Are you running Windows 10?
I don't think i saved anything to the mouse... i only adjusted the sensitivities and updated the firmware. I have win7 with latest updates.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Jay's PC Specs

POST ID # = 855899
Corsair Jay Reputation: 10

Please file the issue with the Tech Support team on the website and provide system specs: CUE settings > advanced report and Logs if applicable.

We'll try to replicate the issue.
I've been using the M65 Pro for a week now using FW-2.02 on SW-1.16.42

I tried Starcraft 2 using DPI setting #3 set at 1800dpi.

This past week I didn't notice DPI changes so I haven't checked in CUE if it changes automatically. I'll try to replicate again, but get the ticket filed and we'll investigate the cause. Please do include in the ticket the motherboard model and USB port being used (USB view is a helpful tool to find the driver associated with the port used).

Old 06-02-2016, 01:37 PM
Bojamijams's PC Specs

POST ID # = 856009

Okay I will. Thanks Jay.

Try sending the profile to the mouse and not letting CUE start with windows. That's what I had. then run SC2. I also disabled a lot of USB Enhanced Power Management and Selective Suspend settings in the registry though I haven't had a chance to fully test that one.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:13 PM

POST ID # = 856634
LostArcher1 Reputation: 10

Has anyone had any luck either getting the random DPI changes to stop or has anyone heard from Corsair if they've had any luck replicating/fixing the problem? I've had this mouse for about a week now and I'm seriously considering sending it back because it is making playing CS:GO almost impossible since it happens randomly.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:28 AM
raakande's PC Specs

POST ID # = 857379

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostArcher1 View Post
Has anyone had any luck either getting the random DPI changes to stop or has anyone heard from Corsair if they've had any luck replicating/fixing the problem? I've had this mouse for about a week now and I'm seriously considering sending it back because it is making playing CS:GO almost impossible since it happens randomly.
send it back

Old 06-17-2016, 07:40 AM

POST ID # = 858466
MUSE_iC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostArcher1 View Post
Yeah id like to hear back from people too. This just started happening to me aswell. So far its happened in Overwatch and CS:GO.

If its a software/firmware issue im more than happy to wait for a fix but if its a hardware issue it would be nice to know.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Xan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 858934
Xan Reputation: 10

I have the same issue with the M65 RGB. I play a lot of Overwatch and have switched to a Logitech g502 Proteus Spectrum. I still like the feel of M65 better.
I also have a Corsair Scimitar that I use for WoW that has no performance issues at all (just feels a little too lightweight/cheap), I'm just not much of a fan of Corsair's mouse software. The CUE software is leaps and bounds better than the old mouse software, but it's a tad less user friendly than Razer's Synapse software for example.

I used to have more Corsair products in my rig, between the random drops in my Vengeance 2100 and H2100 headsets, and this mouse issue, I'm not so sure I want to invest in any more products (more so with peripherals, but I've already ditched my Corsair RAM and Neutron GTX SSD).
It just seems that quality has taken a dive in the recent years.

I'd appreciate if Corsair/Anyone else could let me know when the random dpi switching is fixed, I'd like to be a fan again.

I miss my white M95. More thumb buttons/great positioning of said buttons would be great to have again.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:54 PM

POST ID # = 859095
galvanash Reputation: 10

For the benefit of others (skip to possible cause/solution at the end)...

I have a M65 Pro RGB, got it about 2 weeks ago. Latest CUE software, latest firmware. I was having the exact issue described in this thread - sensitivity would randomly increase for no reason. The only thing that would correct it was to cycle the DPI settings up and down to restore it, or just unplug/replug. This happened anywhere from every 5 minutes or so to sometime 20 or 30 minutes. No real pattern other than it always seemed to happen when I was making very aggressive movements with the mouse. I do not know if this happened with all games, but it definitely happened with Overwatch.

I was basically using default CUE settings. 1000 mhz polling rate, and mouse set at 800 DPI as default. Windows mouse pointer setting was 6, with acceleration turned off.

I tried everything mentioned here and other places, saved profile to mouse and turned off CUE. Set all DPI settings to same value. etc. etc. Nothing worked.

I returned mouse last Friday and got a replacement (same model) - just to see if it was a hardware issue. The new mouse did exactly the same thing.

So backstory done. On to solution...

I use a K65 keyboard with the pass through USB, i.e. the keyboard has 2 USB connectors. The mouse is plugged into the keyboard and the connection passes through to the 2nd USB connector. I had both USB connectors plugged into my case's front USB ports. As a last stab at trying anything that might work (I really like this mouse otherwise) I tried plugging the 2 USB connectors into my motherboards rear USB ports...

Boom. Problem gone.

Hypothesis: This problem is likely due to either poor connection on some USB ports, shoddy wiring on some cases between the case supplied connectors and the motherboard USB headers, or simply having 3 separate jacks between the mouse and the MB (one on the keyboard, one on the case, and one at the MB header). Combine that with the (relatively) high data load the mouse puts on the USB port, and you get occasional USB noise/dropout/crosstalk/whatever and the mouse goes wonky...

Solution: Try plugging DIRECTLY into your motherboards rear USB jacks. No hubs, no case jacks, straight into the MB. If one port doesn't work, try another. Mine works like this using the pass-through USB on the keyboard, but if all else fails try plugging the mouse straight into the MB itself. You'll probably get it to behave doing one of these.

Hope this helps someone.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:03 PM
Xan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 859097
Xan Reputation: 10
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvanash View Post
For the benefit of others (skip to possible cause/solution at the end)...

I have a M65 Pro RGB, got it about 2 weeks ago. Latest CUE software, latest firmware. I was having the exact issue described in this thread - sensitivity would randomly increase for no reason. The only thing that would correct it was to cycle the DPI settings up and down to restore it, or just unplug/replug. This happened anywhere from every 5 minutes or so to sometime 20 or 30 minutes. No real pattern other than it always seemed to happen when I was making very aggressive movements with the mouse. I do not know if this happened with all games, but it definitely happened with Overwatch.

I was basically using default CUE settings. 1000 mhz polling rate, and mouse set at 800 DPI as default. Windows mouse pointer setting was 6, with acceleration turned off.

I tried everything mentioned here and other places, saved profile to mouse and turned off CUE. Set all DPI settings to same value. etc. etc. Nothing worked.

I returned mouse last Friday and got a replacement (same model) - just to see if it was a hardware issue. The new mouse did exactly the same thing.

So backstory done. On to solution...

I use a K65 keyboard with the pass through USB, i.e. the keyboard has 2 USB connectors. The mouse is plugged into the keyboard and the connection passes through to the 2nd USB connector. I had both USB connectors plugged into my case's front USB ports. As a last stab at trying anything that might work (I really like this mouse otherwise) I tried plugging the 2 USB connectors into my motherboards rear USB ports...

Boom. Problem gone.

Hypothesis: This problem is likely due to either poor connection on some USB ports, shoddy wiring on some cases between the case supplied connectors and the motherboard USB headers, or simply having 3 separate jacks between the mouse and the MB (one on the keyboard, one on the case, and one at the MB header). Combine that with the (relatively) high data load the mouse puts on the USB port, and you get occasional USB noise/dropout/crosstalk/whatever and the mouse goes wonky...

Solution: Try plugging DIRECTLY into your motherboards rear USB jacks. No hubs, no case jacks, straight into the MB. If one port doesn't work, try another. Mine works like this using the pass-through USB on the keyboard, but if all else fails try plugging the mouse straight into the MB itself. You'll probably get it to behave doing one of these.

Hope this helps someone.
I always use the Motherboard USB connections. I've tried multiple usb ports on my motherboard, always the same issue.
I use a K70 red keyboard and did not try the on board usb port because I'd rather be plugged directly to a rear mobo port.
I appreciate the input

Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 PM

POST ID # = 859141
galvanash Reputation: 10

I think I have it now... So I realize now I had also changed up some in game settings in Overwatch at the same time I switched ports. I went back to my case ports and everything was still working...

I figured out the setting - definitively I think. If you set the mouse sensitivity in Overwatch (not in CUE or in Windows control panel - in the game itself) to 1 (lowest setting), the problem disappears. If you set it to ANYTHING else it starts behaving erratically again. I tried it multiple times, back and forth - it is definitely this setting cause the issue.

Catch is you have to set your in game DPI really really high to compensate. I was playing with it at 12000 and it was almost perfect, never glitched at all. But the sensitivity setting in Overwatch only kicks in when in a game, so you'll have to dial it down on the mouse when using the in-game menus and whatnot cause you can barely see the cursor move it's so twitchy :)

Anyway, this is certainly not a perfect solution, but it works. I suspect the problem with cs go some people reported is similar. It's not the mouse itself, it is how it interacts with these game's internal mouse sensitivity settings.