Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2020, 04:34 AM
LuciITA's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066828
LuciITA Reputation: 10
Default iCue and asus aura

Hello!
I need to keep installed on my pc asus aura sync/armory crate for control the rgb light whit iCue plugin or i can unistall this programs ?
Old 10-25-2020, 09:30 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066852
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

You need to leave Aura installed. CUE can't take control over your MB. The plugin allows it to access Aura's "lighting service" that runs in the background.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:47 AM
LuciITA's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066853

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
You need to leave Aura installed. CUE can't take control over your MB. The plugin allows it to access Aura's "lighting service" that runs in the background.
Thank you.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:00 AM
HappyTrails's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066991
HappyTrails Reputation: 10

Is there a way to uninstall armor crate but keep aura sync? armor crate keeps launching and conflicts with icue causing motherboard to not to do rgb lighthing correctly.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067001
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

Armory Crate and Aura are separate programs. Aura was the older stand-alone version and AC is the new combined, do everything complication like everything else. Link for Aura is below. They have removed all the prior versions, except the last. If you have very recent hardware, it's possible it requires AC. Armory Crate should not auto-launch itself into the foreground, but I don't use it either.

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.php
Old 10-26-2020, 12:34 PM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067007
Baio Reputation: 16

Quote:
Armory Crate and Aura are separate programs. Aura was the older stand-alone version and AC is the new combined, do everything complication like everything else. Link for Aura is below. They have removed all the prior versions, except the last. If you have very recent hardware, it's possible it requires AC. Armory Crate should not auto-launch itself into the foreground, but I don't use it either.

While checking in my archives if I had the latest version of AURA, I discovered I cancelled the prevoius installation files... any chance to retrieve the older versions?

Baio
Old 10-29-2020, 12:52 AM
HappyTrails's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067427
HappyTrails Reputation: 10

Quote:

Thanks this helped. Found that my asus rog b550-e motherboard has a bios setting to install armor crate. I was wondering how it got installed because I didn't remember doing it myself. So I disabled this in bios settings.

Uninstalled AC and then installed aura sync. I see it in ICue just fine but its non-responsive to any changes I try to make i.e. if I set the rgb to pulse the motherboard will pulse just fine but my water block thats plugged into an argb header on my motherboard just keeps doing what aura sync wants it to. Wish I could figure out why it does this.

Last edited by HappyTrails; 10-29-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:11 AM
LuciITA's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1067452

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
Is there a way to uninstall armor crate but keep aura sync? armor crate keeps launching and conflicts with icue causing motherboard to not to do rgb lighthing correctly.
You can use the ac unistall tool for remove ac and use the last ac installer tool. Sometimes after a clean install all work very well. Using only aura sync male some of newer parts non detected on icue. I have the strix 3080 oc and works olny whit ac.