Corsair Community

Extremely poor support dept

Am receiving absolutely no support on my Rma request #2000451693

One of my memory modules has died so over a month ago I contacted support. It took them 2 weeks to respond with a vertabim reply of "please send receipts". In my original message I stated I do not have receipts as the modules are over 4 years old. Since then I am still awaiting a reply. Hence I've had to come on here to try and get a resolution. Corsair used to be renowned for their amazing support (one of the main reasons I bought the ram modules along with the lifetime warranty promise) but it looks like that bird has flown the coop a while ago.

Could someone pop into the support department, wipe the cobwebs off the staff in there, wake them up and get them to sort the issue out?

Am receiving absolutely no support on my Rma request #2000451693

One of my memory modules has died so over a month ago I contacted support. It took them 2 weeks to respond with a vertabim reply of "please send receipts". In my original message I stated I do not have receipts as the modules are over 4 years old. Since then I am still awaiting a reply. Hence I've had to come on here to try and get a resolution. Corsair used to be renowned for their amazing support (one of the main reasons I bought the ram modules along with the lifetime warranty promise) but it looks like that bird has flown the coop a while ago.

Could someone pop into the support department, wipe the cobwebs off the staff in there, wake them up and get them to sort the issue out?

Yay! Another poor soul who got lost in the ticket system. Send a PM to Corsair Kevin or Mike, but understand that without that information they asked for you might be SOL. Send a PM to Corsair Kevin or Mike with anything you can about this and you might get lucky in that (and I want to point out I do not speak for Corsair here just as a concerned citizen) they will honor it once since you do not have the invoice for said RAM. But if you don't mind me asking where did you buy the RAM from? If online you might be able to track down the information there, and if all else fails you can always contact the bank (assuming you paid with a card and not cash) since they NEVER purge things and get a copy of the payment from them.

Just read the post I made earlier....this is why you shouldn't drink and type things up.

"Send a PM to Corsair Kevin or Mike, but understand that without that information they asked for you might be SOL. Send a PM to Corsair Kevin or Mike with anything you can about this and you might get lucky in that"

Yep I'm sane :P

• Corsair Employee
Hi Wraith, I'm glad your issue was resolved, and more so that it was done pretty quickly. However, even if I pass on the information, it could typically take up to 24-48 hours to receive a response. I guess the timing was just right on this one. :)

yup, seemed to be the perfect timing.

update :

spoke to the support rep who agreed to do an advanced RMA (I pay for new memory & its shipped, then I get refunded when my faulty memory arrives with them). Went to the payment gateway but it was throwing up errors from the apache server so couldnt pay. Informed support who said will send the memory out anyway.

Overall, so far a good resolution but would have been soooo much better if the new ticketing system worked better and I didn't have to come on here to get the ball rolling.