Corsair Community

Vengeance M60/65/90/95 and K90 Firmware Issues:

LordLobo

Was going to start a new topic, but can't for some reason. I'm sure I did open a topic about this some considerable time ago, but cannot locate it.

Problem started after an automatic MS update, which suddenly meant the K90 would not work. I contacted MS forums as first port of call, but their help did not resolve the problem and they suggested contacting Corsair...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/after-latest-win-7-updates-my-pc-no-longer/67626a37-e18a-45fe-bcce-f7903b892b69

I did not perform a system restore or the clean boot guidance, as a number of auto updates had been applied since the K90 had stopped working.

I have another PC running Windows7 and the keyboard is detected, although I have not gone through the process of installing it on it, because it is not my gaming PC :!:

Currently there is no K90 software set up on the PC, but I have got the latest K90 setup (1.0.0.30 080612 ?) ready. I did try loading it, but it tells me the keyboard is not detected :!: So it appears the K90 needs to be recognized by Windows before the software is set up?

I have had the keyboard ages now but have never used it for gaming macros, firstly because there was no user manual and now it sits idly because it cannot be detected. It was an expensive purchase that to-date has been a waste of money.

I would much appreciate some sound advice on how to get the thing working. Cheers :biggrin:

Edited by Darcnite
smileys next to text

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the L.E.D.s turn on?

Very, very, very occasionally the whole keyboard will light up. It looks very pretty but still doesn't work.

Is the K90 detected in the BIOS?

No.

Go to Device Manager and look for any errors, If there is one, post the error status here.

No errors.

Edited by Darcnite

My above post gives a clear guide to what I have done to rectify the problem. I know the keyboard did work on this PC and that it will work on another PC.

Can someone tell me how I can get the bios to detect the K90? I understand that the problem could be related to the USB port on the K90.

Anyone help me ?

Can u show me a screen about or explain where is it ?

Start menu - Devices and Printers

KBD should be shown there.

Perhaps someone could help me out with my enquiry? I have tried resetting the BIOS to default, but still my PC does not detect the K90.

Edited by Darcnite

• 3 weeks later...

I have M65 mice, and I had the same problem with a new FW from Corsair's website.

I started to update FW and I had the same issue like many of you ppl. I'm using win8 x64 and I tried to update on few computers that also are on win8, but resoults was the same....nothing! I tried everything and I followed every single step, but with no luck.

The only thing that helped me was one computer that has win7. Once again I started the same process with FW update guide and it worked like a charm from the first time :D

After that, I went back to my main PC with win8 x64 and just installed drivers for the mice. Now, everything is working just fine.

Maybe this will help someone if they are using win8 OS, like I do.

P.S. Sry for my bad English :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Sorry to inform but latest firmware 1.12 for M90 is not possible to update in WIN8.1 Pro x64. I used your guide but it is not working. I am trying to update firmware because M90 mouse works erroneously in games and in some applications. E.g. profiles for games loaded in mouse (hardware mode) sometimes activates mouse button functions without pressing the button.

Have you tried plugging the mouse into a USB 2.0 port?

I always use my mouse and keyboard connected to UB2.0 ports.

Another issue, not sure if firmware or drivers: after installing and trying to update firmware with no luck I have noticed that mouse has started to lag or to be slow in turning/arc movements. Even if I set DP to be >3000 mouse movements in general are faster but the above mentioned turn/arc move is still slow. I have to say that drivers/firmware for M90 are NOT compatible with Windows 8.1 Pro x64. Windows drivers are better in this case but then hardware macros do not work properly (erroneous triggering).

This really sad situation because I had trust on Corsair to support M90 a little longer than 1.5 years which I have had this mouse in my use. Mouse itself is sturdy and mechanically working well showing no signs of wearing.

• 2 weeks later...
So , I cant see corsair the manufacturers in the devices menu , is this because I installed from drivers downloaded from corsair rather then the disk? I've moved to a new computer and may not have it anymore nor do I have a k90, any options?

• 1 month later...

I was having no issues with the K90 keyboard out of the box, but unfortunately I decided that I wanted to actually take advantage of the G-key functionality. After attempting to do the firmware update I'm now left with, essentially, a bricked keyboard.

I tried to work through the steps posted in the OP, but at step 6 the only other listed function is "USB Input Device" which windows tells me is already up to date anytime I attempt to install another driver.

I've tried a myriad of the other fixes posted in this thread to no avail. At this point I don't think it's worth the shipping cost to RMA this keyboard. I mean there isn't any guarantee the one I get back isn't going to run into the same exact problem. I'd rather just put that shipping money into a product that I won't have to worry about dying on me just because I want to actually use some of the features that were sold to me.

Edited by Untouch525

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally! My K90 is updated to 1.36. No more repeating key bug (I hope).

So, I tried updating this on my old computer (Intel Core 2 Duo System w/ Nvidia chipset, Win 7 x64). Never could get the damn thing to work. PC Eventually died. Had to wait to get myself a new computer for me (Afterall, I don't always have time to build a new one). But I did purchase a new cheapie Asus computer for my Mom, for about ~$650. Tried updating it on her computer (i7 4770, H81 chipsetWindows 8.1 x64). Tried every damn port on that thing, tried the instructions on here, didn't work.

Got around to building my new computer (i7 4770k, Asus Z87 Plus mobo, Windows 8.1 Pro x64). Figured I'd give a it a try while I can still wipe and start over my windows install easily. Plugged it into one of the Intel USB 3.0 ports on the back... considering the Intel ones will likely have a higher quality bus, and there's no need to worry about faulty cords or crosstalk, which is a common problem with USB 3.0... tried to run the firmware updater (I did not install -any- drivers for this keyboard beforehand). Firmware Updater went from Hardware Mode to No Mode, then failed.

Cursed, then plugged it into one of the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports on the back. Completely succeeded. Did not use any of the steps suggested. It may have failed on the Intel Port simply because USB 3.0 is finnicky. Or for some reason, ASMedia ports might work better for firmware updates. No clue until we get a larger sample size. But if you happen to have that sort of setup, it's something to try.

To Corsair,

I'm really glad about this... but at the same time... Corsair, I -like- to recommend your keyboards. But damn it don't let this Firmware fiasco be a running trend in your products, or your reputation will suffer for it. I mean, ATI/AMD graphics cards are doing really well right now (Bitcoin Mining), but to this day you still hear people talk about ATI/AMD cards having bad drivers, even that hasn't been the case for a while now. Once you earn that sort of negative reputation, it becomes hard to drop that reputation. Please don't let your next keyboard have any firmware updating problems like this.

• 2 months later...

No matter how many times i do the steps, the firmware update program keeps giving me the message: (at step 22)

"Firmware update failed, please re-plug device and try again!"

I have already tried in every usb 2.0 port of my computer. (about 6).

Is there any older firmware that i can test? I searched via google, but without success.

Edited by kabrok
Specify the step.

Yes, i am running the latest available firmware for my motherboard ANd i ran it with administrator privileges...

Is there any older firmware that i can test? Because after hours looking, i couldn't find any other besides the latest..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

As most in this thread I'm having problems with my keyboard. I have a K40 which worked like a charm out of the box, but after installing the drivers, and then trying to update the firmware things went south.

The FW updater got like halfway before it gave me the error message "Firmware update failed, please re-plug device and try again!" and all lights died. The only buttons with light is "MR" (which is glowing a standard white light) and the, what I am presuming is NumLock, ScrollLock and CapsLock indicators, is flashing constantly. Tried your steps but didnt do anything, and now the FW updater says it cant find my device and that I should reinstall the drivers, which I have of course.

Edit: The letter buttons are working but nothing else (G1-G6, media controlls, M1-M3 etc)

Edit2: I just got it working by doing the steps again, but this time for some reason, the Fw updater could detect my keyboard. I don't know why or how but it worked. Thanks a bunch though, really saved my evening seeing how I just got this keyboard shipped today.

Frickin technology man.

Edited by Charlock

• 4 weeks later...
I changed the steps for those with a M6X/M9X Mouse that do not see the KBD BOOT LOADER in the device manager:

*With the mice on your USB 2.0.

0) Uninstall all drivers from your M60 (if you have it installed);

1) Install Firmware Software Updater (don't execute it yet);

2) Start->Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan Settings->Change Advanced Power Settings->USB Settings->USB selective suspend setting->Disabled.

3) Find the correct device under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.

(check with properties, tab Details, and select Hardware Ids in the pull down)

The Value of the correct device will start with the lines below for each corresponding mouse.

For M60: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B30

For M90: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B31

4) Now click on the Driver tab button of the Properties dialog;

5) Click on 'Update Driver';

6) Select 'Browse my computer for driver software';

Now here is the thing: Instead of selecting the Drive file inside Corsair's Updater folder, you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver;

7) Install the Driver. It will detect your M60;

8) Update your Firmware through Corsair's and now it will detect your mice instead of giving that crazy error;

9) Your mouse may be frozen and even an Exclamation point will appear on Printers and Devices so just click on Fix problem. Windows may fix it by itself;

*If your mouse is still frozen, try restarting your computer and change it to another USB Port.

I have both the M90 and M60 and they got the same firmware update issue, above steps fixed it for me.

Everything works up till 6... This is my problem (you will uncheck "Show compatible hardware" and select Manufacture: Corsair and then you will see M60 driver) can't seem to find the Corsair under Manufacture. If someone could help that would be amazing!