Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Finnish layout the same as Swedish? Can you run the "locale" command in a terminal and paste the output here?

Meanwhile, you can set the keyboard layout from the K95 RGB -> Device tab. It should fix the problem with the key not working. Glad you got the driver running :)

After fiddling around I noticed that an application had changed the layout to english... sorry about that :sigh!:

the problem is that I cant find a device tab anywhere.. Im sorry to be such a nuisance but Ill make this up to you :)

Edited by UbuntuNoob

Has anyone else been having problems with animations getting stuck? For me, they will go fine for about a minute or so, and then freeze, only to kick back in later. I have tried all of the different fps settings to no avail. It might be because I have a different wave animation for each horizontal row of keys as well as a gradient for each key pressed (7 total).

Edit:

I tried it again with just a repeating wave and a reactive gradient and I get the same issue. I should note too that when I click "restore" on ckb, the animations start again. This issue seems to happen whenever ckb does not have focus.

Edited by CorpNewt

For some reason I get the following errors when I run make.

kbwidget.cpp: In member function ‘void KbWidget::getCmd(QFile&)’:

kbwidget.cpp:304:45: error: ‘QFileDevice’ has not been declared

if(!file.open(fd, QIODevice::WriteOnly, QFileDevice::AutoCloseHandle))

^

kbwidget.cpp: In member function ‘void KbWidget::readInput(QFile&)’:

kbwidget.cpp:490:45: error: ‘QFileDevice’ has not been declared

if(notify.open(fd, QIODevice::ReadOnly, QFileDevice::AutoCloseHandle)){

Sorry fixed. I must of accidentally compiled in qt4. When I tried to recompile again, even after removing makefile was still giving same message. So I removed whole directory and just uncompressed another copy starting from scratch.

After fiddling around I noticed that an application had changed the layout to english... sorry about that :sigh!:

the problem is that I cant find a device tab anywhere.. Im sorry to be such a nuisance but Ill make this up to you :)

Are you running the ckb utility? You should see a tab like this:

7Eapndj.png

It has an option to change the keyboard layout in there. If you'd prefer to do it from a terminal, you can also run "echo layout se > /dev/input/ckb1/cmd"

Has anyone else been having problems with animations getting stuck? For me, they will go fine for about a minute or so, and then freeze, only to kick back in later. I have tried all of the different fps settings to no avail. It might be because I have a different wave animation for each horizontal row of keys as well as a gradient for each key pressed (7 total).

Edit:

I tried it again with just a repeating wave and a reactive gradient and I get the same issue. I should note too that when I click "restore" on ckb, the animations start again. This issue seems to happen whenever ckb does not have focus.

You're running it on OSX, right? I haven't done much extended testing on OSX so it might have something to do with that. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Sorry fixed. I must of accidentally compiled in qt4. When I tried to recompile again, even after removing makefile was still giving same message. So I removed whole directory and just uncompressed another copy starting from scratch.

Yeah, qmake is really bad about leaving temporary files around - hence why I say to delete the old download first. Glad you got it working though :)

MSC-

Thank you for all of this. I can't get the setup working (I'm no Terminal wizard) but from what I've seen, you should work (and be highly paid!) for Corsair. You're great.

Anyway, I've opened up an issue on github with as much info as I could cram in, including a video:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/7

I can't get the general setup working right on Mac. The build on QT has over 40 errors, and I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong along the way so I showed you the whole process I'm following in the video.

Thanks so much in advance, and I hope you had a happy holiday!

MSC-

Thank you for all of this. I can't get the setup working (I'm no Terminal wizard) but from what I've seen, you should work (and be highly paid!) for Corsair. You're great.

Anyway, I've opened up an issue on github with as much info as I could cram in, including a video:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/7

I can't get the general setup working right on Mac. The build on QT has over 40 errors, and I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong along the way so I showed you the whole process I'm following in the video.

Thanks so much in advance, and I hope you had a happy holiday!

Replied to your issue. Had quite a good Christmas, thanks :)

Yeah I'm running it on OSX. Have you had any issues with OSX not liking the keyboard being plugged into USB 2.0 ports? Windows 7 seems to work best in USB 2.0, but OSX likes to hang or not even boot when the keyboard is in anything but a USB 3.0 port.

I think all of my USB ports are USB3, so I'm not sure about that. The biggest problem I've had is that when I try to switch OSes at boot, by holding the Alt key, there's about a 50% chance that it won't get detected. I have to use a different keyboard to get it to work reliably. Might be related to that, I'm not sure.

I figured out what was happening to your animations, btw- it turns out OSX has a feature called App Nap that puts applications to sleep when they're running in the background. Which is clever, but it also stops ckb's animations from working. :P So that should be fixed now.

Beautifully done! It's working like a dream now! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Edit:

Seems the only thing I'm having issues with at the moment, now that the animations stay running, is their timings seem to be off. I have 6 waves, each a horizontal row of keys that has a different color/width that scroll from left to right at the same interval. After a few minutes, they seem to be out of sync. Not sure if that just has to do with the separate applications launched for each animation or what, but just thought I'd make a note of it.

Edit #2:

I just tried setting up all the keys with the gradient reactive animation. It seems to work with all keys except the Escape key for some reason.

Edited by CorpNewt

Are you running the ckb utility? You should see a tab like this:

7Eapndj.png

It has an option to change the keyboard layout in there. If you'd prefer to do it from a terminal, you can also run "echo layout se > /dev/input/ckb1/cmd"

I noticed it just now before coming to this forum :P thank you anyway! It's running perfectly right now. Thank you SOOO much! I thought I'd have to return the keyboard which I'm already in love with.

Edited by Technobeard
corrected bbcode

Beautifully done! It's working like a dream now! Thanks so much for your hard work!

Edit:

Seems the only thing I'm having issues with at the moment, now that the animations stay running, is their timings seem to be off. I have 6 waves, each a horizontal row of keys that has a different color/width that scroll from left to right at the same interval. After a few minutes, they seem to be out of sync. Not sure if that just has to do with the separate applications launched for each animation or what, but just thought I'd make a note of it.

Edit #2:

I just tried setting up all the keys with the gradient reactive animation. It seems to work with all keys except the Escape key for some reason.

Turns out the Esc key wasn't printing notifications properly...oops. I think the animations getting out of sync is due to the timing not being precise enough. I'll have a fix for that soon.

Awesome! I will keep testing things out and see what else I can find. As always, thanks for being so prompt with your replies and help!

Edit:

Is there any way to add a delay before animations start? I know there's a duration for animations, and a time before repeating, but having a time before starting would be awesome as well!

Edited by CorpNewt

Hi there

Thanks for the awesome work!

I'm a beginner in Mac OS X coding, I have no idea how to compile the repository. I have tried following the guide on the github site however I end up with some error messages mostly related to not having valid signing identities and code signing is required for product type "Application" in SDK 'iOS 8.1'.

Can you please point me to the right direction or if possible upload a compiled build?

Thanks again for your work.

Hi there

Thanks for the awesome work!

I'm a beginner in Mac OS X coding, I have no idea how to compile the repository. I have tried following the guide on the github site however I end up with some error messages mostly related to not having valid signing identities and code signing is required for product type "Application" in SDK 'iOS 8.1'.

Can you please point me to the right direction or if possible upload a compiled build?

Thanks again for your work.

When you open the project in Qt creator for the first time, you should see a page like this:

YqrmDaM.png

Make sure "Desktop" is selected instead of "iOS". Sometimes it doesn't pick the right one automatically. You'll have to delete the project you already downloaded or else it won't display the screen again.

Hello,

Thank you for this gem !

But what about the mice support ? M65 and others ?

Not unless you feel like buying me one, haha. :P I'll get some donation links up in the next day or two. If enough people pitch in I'll certainly pick one up, but otherwise it's not in my budget right now.

Where are the profiles/modes stored? I have two installations of Mac OS on my computer and I would like to sync profiles between them.

I just noticed that I cannot press command + option + escape to force quit applications on Mac OS. Has anyone else had issues with this? I can do command + option + other keys, but not escape.

The preferences are stored in /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/com.ckb.ckb.plist

The Library folder is hidden by default, but you can use Cmd+Shift+G to browse it.

Cmd+Alt+Esc isn't working for me either...I guess Apple's driver does something special on that particular combination? Every other shortcut seems to work fine. I'll see if I can fix it.

When you open the project in Qt creator for the first time, you should see a page like this:

YqrmDaM.png

Make sure "Desktop" is selected instead of "iOS". Sometimes it doesn't pick the right one automatically. You'll have to delete the project you already downloaded or else it won't display the screen again.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I have tried recompiling by using desktop and I'm greeted with another error message.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/eecgbtz3.oo0.png

Any idea? Thanks

Hrm...maybe try reinstalling Qt and/or Xcode? I'd recommend opening up Xcode at least once in case it has anything else to install or it needs to configure something. If you get to the "Welcome to Xcode" screen that should mean everything is fine.

Someone else reported that Qt was auto-selecting iOS instead of Desktop and said that downloading Qt 5.3 (download link) instead of 5.4 fixed it. So if reinstalling Qt 5.4 fails, you could try that.