Corsair Community

Strange behaviour with Commander Pro Temperature readings

morgium

Hello,

my CoPro is behaving strange. I have 2 Temperature Sensors (10kOhm) that are attached to Water Cooling Threads.

Connecting either one to my Motherboard's Temperature input, i get reasonable results, while with the CoPro, results are 8-9 degrees below the real value (i know because i used a regular thermometer to measure the temperature, also the reported temperature is slightly below ambient).

But now it gets even more strange, when i connect BOTH Sensors to the co pro, the temperatures BOTH are 4° - 5° BELOW the value reported when EITHER ONE is connected. (so around 13-14° lower)

At first i thought it was because they were attached to a radiator, which was connected to the case, but i moved them to my (Plexi) reservoir and the results remain the same.

To summarize:

no HWiNFO, CPU-Z or AISuite, AIDA64, XTU, ... is running and the issue persists.

The RPM and voltage values reported by the CoPro are correct, its working great otherwise

no matter where i place the sensors, one connected sensor reports ~ 19°C, when both are connected, both report ~15°

the DELTA reported between 2 sensors is CORRECT, one being at the start of the loop, one being before the radiator at the end, there is a delta of ~0.5° - 1.5° depending on load. this is in line with whats expected

So i would be happy if i could just set an OFFSET for the CoPro's temperatures, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. Also the "Custom Fan Curve" STARTS at 20°, so its pretty much useless when temperatures are < 20° most of the time.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Make sure you are not running other monitoring software at the same time. HWiNFO and AIDA will turn your values to junk pretty fast as they fight over the data.

Can you clarify how you have implemented the 10K sensors into the loop? I use various different brands of flat plug sensors and flow through sensors. Aside from one annoying Phobya ring flow through sensor, they are all spot on. The Phobya one reads +1.7C consistently, but that is a product of its construction/calibration and not the software. Are you using flow temp fittings? Or using standard 10K flat sensors to get air temps before/after radiators?

Make sure you are not running other monitoring software at the same time. HWiNFO and AIDA will turn your values to junk pretty fast as they fight over the data.

Can you clarify how you have implemented the 10K sensors into the loop? I use various different brands of flat plug sensors and flow through sensors. Aside from one annoying Phobya ring flow through sensor, they are all spot on. The Phobya one reads +1.7C consistently, but that is a product of its construction/calibration and not the software. Are you using flow temp fittings? Or using standard 10K flat sensors to get air temps before/after radiators?

Thank you for your reponse. As stated above, and just verified again, no other monitor software is running or installed.

I have the phobya one you mentioned, and another one by aquacomputer

They are both mounted on non-conducting parts.

The Temperatures detected by my motherboard are fine and correct, with the same sensors.

For some reason the link redirects me to the general landing page, but I am going to assume you have the one with the fairly long plug-style insert meant to be used as a radiator plug. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with that one, but I do consider their products quality and I have looked at it in the past without seeing a lot of complaints on accuracy. The Phobya one is not so well received, but mine is precise and always 1.5-1.7C above actual -- not the huge swings you are talking about.

It seems rather strange to see shift when 1 vs 2 are connected. Do you have any 10K standard thermistors from the C-Pro box (or any other source) to plug in and take an air temp. I am also curious if a 3rd sensor further alters what's going on.

I would also start a support ticket with Corsair through the Ticket System link in the header above. It has the appearance of an internal problem with the C-Pro.

Edited by c-attack