View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Davyboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 402201
Davyboy Reputation: 10
Angry TR3X6G1600C8D issues...

Hi, I recently built myself an i7 system, and I have been having nothing but problems with it since I put it together...

I am running Vista Ultimate x64, and the problems happen whenever I try stress testing with Prime95, OCCT, Memtest, and pretty much any other application that puts a heavy load onto the system...

When I have the BIOS on Optimal Defaults (with the RAM running at a mere 1066MHz) I can leave the rig Priming large in place FFT's for an entire night and day without an issue, but as soon as I try running it @ 1333MHz or if I enable the XMP profile for 1600MHz, the system either BSOD's, freezes up, or resets itself...

I have tried setting the RAM timings/frequency manually in the BIOS for both 1333 and 1600MHz but the same issues keep happening...

I can sit and play games like Left 4 Dead, and Battlefield 2 for hours without any issues, and I have also used the rig for converting AVI files to DVD and vice versa without any problems as well...

But I just can't get it Prime stable with the RAM running at its rated speed, the only time it is Prime stable is when the RAM is @ 1066MHz...

And the CPU is running @ stock frequency as well, as I dont want to try overclocking it until I get it running stable first...

I have contacted the people where I purchased the hardware from, but they weren't very helpful at all...

I don't really understand which piece of hardware it is that is failing, but I am suspecting it is a RAM issue because the problems only happen when I try running the RAM at 1333MHz and 1600MHz...

I have talked to loads of other people about this problem on various online forums, and some folk tried to say it was my PSU, but I have even tried running the rig with only 1 HDD connected, and an old 8500GT, and I still got the same issues...

Also tried running each stick individually to see whether the problem was being caused by one module, but it did the exact same thing with each stick...

I have tried absolutely everything I can with the hardware that I have, unforunately I dont have any other DDR3 modules to try out on my mobo to see if it is this specific RAM that is causing the problems and not another piece of hardware...

There is nothing else that I can do at this end, and the people who supplied the hardware to me are hopeless as well, so I thought that I might find someone on here who can help me figure out what the problem is with my system...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Wired; 05-24-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: removed specs; ALREADY IN PROFILE / DROPDOWN