View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM

POST ID # = 554229
MobiusTrobius Reputation: 10
Default 1500 Headset Driver Issues

So, I grabbed a V1500 for ze holidays and have been having issues installing the specialized drivers provided on the Corsair web page. When I insert the headset into a USB 2.0 port on my rig, the Windows drivers install automatically and I'm able to use the headset at a barebones level as I would any other plug-and-play device. Every attempt to install the 1.1 driver .exe leads me to a screen with the only option of "uninstall".

I've been through tech support and tried a whole myriad of different solutions (rebooting, uninstalling the headset and drivers through both add/remove programs and device manager, preventing windows from auto-installing devices, trying again rebooting some more, etc.) and none have seemed to work. The headset itself is perfectly functional, and I installed both it and the custom drivers on my ASUS netbook within a matter of minutes.

I'm at a loss for what to do as I'm unable to unlock the specialized functions that the Corsair drivers would enable. I'm totally willing to provide info about my PC to engineer a solution. Any suggestions?

Last edited by MobiusTrobius; 01-12-2012 at 04:47 PM.