Corsair Community

Problem with integration and QL fans

AvisNYC

I have strafe RGB keyboard with 6 QL fans connected to Lightning Node Core and Commander Pro. Everything works well but whenever I launch any apps or games that support light integration my keyboard and only 4 of the fans will change color. The other 2 fans the led's will just be off... I was expecting all 6 fans will change color. Is this a known bug?:bigeyes:

Possible the QL have not been integrated into those games. I don't know how that process works, if it has to be approved by each software vendor, etc. There also is some strange 4 QL limit on some devices because of the huge number of LEDs. That doesn't apply to the Commander Pro, but perhaps they were programmed to think you can only have 4 QL max on any 1 device.

I have only have two from that list (Metro and D2), but the effects are not always what I expect. D2 puts up health damage colors while I am sitting in the HQ. Metro goes dark on the keyboard at inopportune moments. Sometimes I think it is better to turn this off.

I have the same Issue with LS100. All lighting strips connected to it go dark when I open a game with iCUE integration.

That one I can confirm does not work for me either. It is new as well, but also might not be intended for the same kind of effects. I believe the primary goal for that kit is rear monitor "screen lighting". So it should imitate the on screen lighting, if you like that kind of thing. However, that is not the same as the programmed reactions for the peripherals and internal devices.

The irony is my LS100 + expansion is now ringing my glass desk instead of on the back of the monitor, so it would be better if acted like a normal RGB strip vs "the LS100". Not sure if you can trick iCUE into having it act like a strip or not.

You can connect the external steps to an LNP or ComPro then they will act as normal strips.

I have 3 LS100(Arduino) and use one for screen backlighting but as soon as I start FC5 it goes black, so no screen lighting. If I play games without iCUE integration, the integration is better because the normal video lighting does their job.

Chances are the LS100 is like the QL and not implemented because it's new. However, wouldn't we need a toggle for it so it can be included with the other effects or not and used as video lighting? As they are the SDK effects are a master override for all devices and you can't selectively take a few out. Not sure everyone would be happy with it on the back side of the monitor.

My LS100 is in strip mode and does not light for D2 or Metro. I am sure the effects are programmed on a device basis.