Corsair Community

Got ripped off, How can I make these pieces to a lighting node pro work?

IIEleven11

So I thought I was buying a Corsair Lighting node pro with three fans. What i got was 3 SP fans, the hub and the controller and the cable that is for corsair fans only. So its missing the main part. What I have are these two things. Is there a way to make this work? Do i need to buy the usb connector? Or the node? Corsair_Commander_PRO_09_2FABACD1F24D4265983B35AFD452C14E.jpg.6200315cc21793e08bf943b290ac7920.jpg

You have an SP120 lighting kit. It will work in this fashion, but not with the software. The thumb remote is the control. **Or perhaps it won't. I just noticed the remote is an HD fan controller. Are you sure you have SP-RGB fans and not HD? Both have remotes and were the first RGB fans offered, but I do not think they are cross compatible.

The missing piece is the software interface. That is a Lighting Node Pro (LNP) or Commander Pro (fan controller + LNP). You can buy the LNP separately, with a 4 LED strip pack, or it comes free in certain fan multi-packs. So if you want software control, the next step likely depends on your plan. If you never wanted the SP-Fans and had your heart set on something else, the ML/QL/LL triple packs will have all you need. If you are trying to make a go with this, you will need a Lighting Node Pro to get software control.

Also ... to be clear, it's not likely that the person selling you this was intentionally ripping you off. I cannot even begin to tell you how many folks erroneously call the RGB Fan LED Hub (with the 6 ports) a Lighting Node Pro.

However, depending on what channel you purchased this through, you may be able to request a refund as the product was not as described, even if it was unintentionally due to the seller's ignorance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BI0klByE3y9iCdKBRq3tP0MswLJG4pD4/view?usp=sharingWell help me out this is a picture of the ad attached, take note of the word PRO. I think because that word is in there it makes it fraud. That means I shouldve received that piece, I googled lighting node pro before i bought the thing to check compatability because of that word. I paid $60 for a complete kit. Not whatever this is.

But yeah theyre definitely the SP fans

If he wouldve said RGB LED lighting hub, that would be different, or if he took the time to explain in the description that what he was selling does not come with the node hub and there would be no way to hook this thing up without, what im assuming is the node pro, or a corsair case. And the fact he sold it to me for so much money. Sorry i'm venting, its not your fault. Im mad, and I cant get the guy to respond to my messages, but I have his address....