Corsair Community

UsbXp Driver missing

MegaRobman

So before we start I know the problem I now describe is nothing new, but the solution everyone has is impossible to even try for me.

My problem is that my H100i [RGB] platinum is not recognized by any system monitoring programs (no iCUE, MSI Afterburner, Dragon Center or whatever)

they sometimes display random numbers jumping from 40000rpm to 60000 rpm and sometimes just display 0. meanwhile the fan was going at what I suspect to be max speed (no way to actually check other than the fact that it blew a lot of air and was loud af) even when my pc was idle and for some reason now he runs at pretty low speed (my gpu fan runs at 700rpm (according to dragon center) and its pretty much the same ammount of airflow)and doesn't increase (Ididnt change anything just after restart)....

the usb cord thats going from the cooler to the usb port is connected right and the other connections go to the sata and the "cpu_fan_1" header, just to make sure its connected like in the manual.

the solution for this from most people is to reinstall "Corsair UsbXp Driver" but I cant find it anywhere to begin with and noone is saying whats supposed to install it in the first place..

maybe give me a rundown of

a. where do I look for the driver? didnt find anything under the device manager or with the cmd command "driverquery". pretty sure I dont have it.

b. whats supposed to install it? I have tried to install Link and iCUE but still didnt find it. and the standard drivers from my mainboard should all be there

Sorry for this mess of a post and thanks to anyone taking the time to try and help.

EDIT: so the driver iCUE is installing is called "Corsair bus" for me but reinstalling wont change a thing. I que isnt recognizing anything after all and the fan speed wont change

Edited by MegaRobman

• 3 weeks later...
The Platinum coolers don't use the Corsair USBXp Driver.

They will appear as a "USB Input Device" in Device Manager. You can confirm that it's installed by using USBDeView which will show the Bus Reported Device Description.

Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

OK good to know, thanks. It shows up in the viewer fine but I'm still getting an occasional USB disconnect/reconnect sound on 3.15.101.

OK good to know, thanks. It shows up in the viewer fine but I'm still getting an occasional USB disconnect/reconnect sound on 3.15.101.

As Corsair James indicated, 3.15 works around some of the disconnects but not all scenarios. Can you export your logs and post here or just send to Corsair James?

• 2 months later...

I'm SOL on why H115i Platinum will show in USBDeview but wont show in iCUE.

When i first installed the H115i Platinum and booted up everything was fine. iCUE recognized, all the RGB was working, life was good.

UNTIL

Firmware update! (Shame on me)

It failed over and over again according to iCUE. I reboot my PC...

now only one corner of the PUMP rgb shows a very faint blue/white color. H115i Platinum SHOWS as USB Input Device and ACTIVE in USBDeview BUT no matter what i do (uninstall, reinstall, older 3.15 versions, latest 3.17/3.18 versions and iCUE only shows my Lighting Node Pro and not the H115i Platinum).

Is it busted?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm SOL on why H115i Platinum will show in USBDeview but wont show in iCUE.

When i first installed the H115i Platinum and booted up everything was fine. iCUE recognized, all the RGB was working, life was good.

UNTIL

Firmware update! (Shame on me)

It failed over and over again according to iCUE. I reboot my PC...

now only one corner of the PUMP rgb shows a very faint blue/white color. H115i Platinum SHOWS as USB Input Device and ACTIVE in USBDeview BUT no matter what i do (uninstall, reinstall, older 3.15 versions, latest 3.17/3.18 versions and iCUE only shows my Lighting Node Pro and not the H115i Platinum).

Is it busted?

Have the same problem like u mate.