Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D Build Log/How to Guide

Zotty, do you have the tube routing diagram?

I was wondering how you ended up routing the front radiator tubes. You connected the two middle ones and have the front right tube split into a drain. But how did you route the leftmost tube? I find the space very constricting and I am having trouble routing from there.

Glad you asked that... i ran soft tubing in the back and pre-attached the tubing before fitting the rads.. as i fed the rads and cables in i also fed that tube in.. i can't think of any other way to do it.. hope that made sense dude

Glad you asked that... i ran soft tubing in the back and pre-attached the tubing before fitting the rads.. as i fed the rads and cables in i also fed that tube in.. i can't think of any other way to do it.. hope that made sense dude

I am going to try and figure this out. I may even drill a hole to accommodate the tube. I may also try your solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there, have been following the thread for a little while, got my case last month and am finally getting around to buying the hardware for it.

I do have a couple questions though, the first is i was wondering if you could suggest somewhere in the UK to buy PWM extensions and splitters, i'm quite new to all this and am not quite sure about which are correct.

Secondly is there much difference in the effect that ML fans will have over LL or HD, i'm still on the fence about which to get.

Hey Buddy... yes those would work

as for the 3 fans... ml quiter.... hd bright... LL classy.. in simple terms.. as for performance... ML's would be top of the 3.. i use all 3. my personal choice would be LL fans. although.. those new QL fans look mighty fiine :)

• Confused 1

Hey Buddy... yes those would work

as for the 3 fans... ml quiter.... hd bright... LL classy.. in simple terms.. as for performance... ML's would be top of the 3.. i use all 3. my personal choice would be LL fans. although.. those new QL fans look mighty fiine :)

Thanks for the help mate, as much as i want it to looks pretty, I'd prefer to have a bit of extra performance, me thinks I'll go with all ML

Can I have sets of LL120 RGB fans but I have no idea what direction is what with these can somebody please help me with which direction to install than fans on the front and back in the case. Would be greatly appreciated and any links to diagrams or photos would help. Thanks everyone :)

Hello, I just bought a corsair obsidian 1000d and I want to add 18 fans ql 120mm and 3 ql 140. What do I have to buy? better the pack of 3 with Lighting Node CORE or I buy them separately and I buy rgb fan led hub? all this will be accompanied with a custom water cooled corsair for the 2 motherboards with 2 corsair reservoirs

Hello, I just bought a corsair obsidian 1000d and I want to add 18 fans ql 120mm and 3 ql 140. What do I have to buy? better the pack of 3 with Lighting Node CORE or I buy them separately and I buy rgb fan led hub? all this will be accompanied with a custom water cooled corsair for the 2 motherboards with 2 corsair reservoirs

18 fans would mean 3 Lighting Node Cores which means you need 3 USB headers... so yeah.. RGB Fan LED hubs is the way forward.. so Singular QL fan packs is the way forward in that build.

so just 8 strips in total?..

your covered with the 1000D Commander Pro and its 2 x LED channels.. can have up to 4 LED strips on channel 1 (channel 1 also has the sails rgb logo and front IO rgb to handle) and up to 6 LED strips on channel 2

• Confused 1

If I buy the ASUS RGB strips (they have 15 LEDs per strip vs. 10 on Corsair) instead of the Corsair ones - since ASUS and Corsair's software(s) are supposed to play nice now... could I control the ASUS RGB strips with the Corsair software, etc...?

iCUE does not control the addressable headers on the motherboard, at least at this point.