Corsair Community

Commander pro isnt powering the fans

Leo Mari

Yeah it is, and to the commander pro there’s a node connected to one of its 2 led channels and the node has the fab hub connected to it ( the node usb is connected to the commander pro) every one of the 3 components are connected with a data cable

Yeah they’re connected , regarding the node, everything worked fine for me for like 2 mins after I assembled the lighting setup, could node being connected to the commander pro cause it not to power fans, I mean I read online it works fine with commander pro

First, let's make sure that your terminology is correct - I'm not 100% sure that we're speaking the same language. Reviewing the RGB FAQ is a good way to make sure that you are using the correct terms.

The Corsair Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) has 2 RGB 3-pin channels and a USB connector. The USB connector can be connected to the Commander Pro's (CoPro) USB. It should not be connected to a Commander Pro's 3-pin RGB channel.

The RGB Fan LED Hub has 6 4-pin connectors for fan RGB control and one 3-pin connector for connecting to a Lighting Channel on either a CoPro or NoPro. The wire for this only uses 2 wires.

Try connecting the fan PWM connectors to the motherboard - do they spin?

Are you using any adapters with the power to the CoPro?

Rgb lights do work and are configurable in node pro section in icue, on the other hand commander pro doesn’t power the fans(even tho the node is connected to it and works fine with lights) and it isn’t shown in icue drivers

And iCUE "sees" the Lighting Node Pro but not the Commander Pro?

I really couldn't follow the power connections - try a different one tho. Make sure that it's a full SATA to the PSU and not using a molex to sata adapter.

Also, try putting the fan power into the motherboard. We want to make sure that it's the CoPro and not the fan motor.

Not really. The USB hub is on a separate USB port on the header and doesn't require the 3.3V rail on the SATA power. It's absolutely plausible for the CoPro to be installed incorrectly and the USB works while the CoPro itself does not.