Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

I can also confirm i had it working on my Asus Crosshair VIII formula and it does allow controll of the leds, just not the rgb headers (dont know if only A-RGb or 12v RGB as i didn't have 12v hooked up, just Argb and it didn't listen to it :P )

on the other hand there was a 3 way error causing HW-info not to work, if i shut down icue, HWinfo would work, if i shut down HWinfo icue would work HOWEVER, when i removed the motherboard plugin from the icue files both would work as normal. considering i use the HWinfo plugin to show information on my streamdeck its highly annoying for it not to work.

I can also confirm i had it working on my Asus Crosshair VIII formula and it does allow controll of the leds, just not the rgb headers (dont know if only A-RGb or 12v RGB as i didn't have 12v hooked up, just Argb and it didn't listen to it :P )

on the other hand there was a 3 way error causing HW-info not to work, if i shut down icue, HWinfo would work, if i shut down HWinfo icue would work HOWEVER, when i removed the motherboard plugin from the icue files both would work as normal. considering i use the HWinfo plugin to show information on my streamdeck its highly annoying for it not to work.

For HWInfo, you'll need to disable Corsair Link/Asetek support. You don't list your cooler in your profile or if you have a Commander Pro but if you have either of these, not disabling Corsair Link/Asetek support will absolutely cause issues. I also recommend disabling the persistent driver.

I have followed the instructions to a T I have full control of the lights on my Asus ROG Strix x570-e gaming mother bored but dont have control of my 2 Asus strix Gtx 1080 ti's or any of the Addressable RGB headers on the bored and the Gpu's dont even show up in Icue is ther somthing I am missing or is there some additional steps needed to allow me to have control of the Gpu's ?

Hey, hey!

The first post in this thread states addressable rgb headers will not work at this time. No GPUs either at this time. Only motherboard zones of lighting to be configurable together.

Many of us are looking forward to future updates with this, for addressable header and GPU support. For now, enjoy the beta.

I have followed the instructions to a T I have full control of the lights on my Asus ROG Strix x570-e gaming mother bored but dont have control of my 2 Asus strix Gtx 1080 ti's or any of the Addressable RGB headers on the bored and the Gpu's dont even show up in Icue is ther somthing I am missing or is there some additional steps needed to allow me to have control of the Gpu's ?
Edited by PJH

Awesome that corsair is doing this because armoury crate is terrible, but unless they can support other RGB RAM (i.e. G.Skill) I don't see myself making the switch.

I, like other posters, had checked the compatibility charts but Corsair RAM wasn't listed so I didn't purchase it :(

For HWInfo, you'll need to disable Corsair Link/Asetek support. You don't list your cooler in your profile or if you have a Commander Pro but if you have either of these, not disabling Corsair Link/Asetek support will absolutely cause issues. I also recommend disabling the persistent driver.

i do have the commander pro, and i did deselect the box then AND now..... i just never did any of the plugins on my re-reinstall so i run aura and icue on seperate instances to change corsair RGB and board RGB.

Having issues with my Maximus XI Hero(wifi) w/Vengeance RGB Pro. Followed the instructions to a T and the motherboard does show up in iCUE, but then my RAM has a red warning triangle on it and I can no longer click on it to get to its settings. Nor does making any changes to the available color zones on the motherboard actually make any changes. So not sure what's going on.

Using latest iCUE version, Aura 1.07.79, and ASUS plug-in v. 1.0.4.0, Vengeance Firmware v. 1.02.64.

Having issues with my Maximus XI Hero(wifi) w/Vengeance RGB Pro. Followed the instructions to a T and the motherboard does show up in iCUE, but then my RAM has a red warning triangle on it and I can no longer click on it to get to its settings. Nor does making any changes to the available color zones on the motherboard actually make any changes. So not sure what's going on.

Using latest iCUE version, Aura 1.07.79, and ASUS plug-in v. 1.0.4.0, Vengeance Firmware v. 1.02.64.

I had similar problem with the ram but it was the bios version. Try to update to the latest one. Or if you the latest update to previous.

Works with my ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING

Works on my z270F !

Hello, I also have a ROG STRIX Z270F (Bios up to date) but does not work for me.

- CORSAIR iCUE Software 3.24.52

- AURA 1.07.79 (Installed but not running)

- ASUS plugin (Installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins)

- Restarted my PC.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

2020-01-21_074807.thumb.jpg.f346c424b0ced372dfe5b3f048d346c8.jpg

2020-01-21_074839.thumb.jpg.29ccd14d6a344cfa83c4e92457e07896.jpg

I had similar problem with the ram but it was the bios version. Try to update to the latest one. Or if you the latest update to previous.

That was it. I was a few bios versions behind(updated to 1401) and that solved that issue.

Now I seem to have a bit of a conflict with iCUE and Aura. I know the instructions said to just install it and not run it, as it can't operate at the same time as iCUE, but since I couldn't change the color setting on my 2080ti Strix(yet?), I had to do it via Aura. I was able to change the MB settings in iCUE before launching Aura, but now I think it is still running in the background, since I can't seem to make any changes to the MB via iCUE afterwards.

Kind of a confusing setup.

That was it. I was a few bios versions behind(updated to 1401) and that solved that issue.

Now I seem to have a bit of a conflict with iCUE and Aura. I know the instructions said to just install it and not run it, as it can't operate at the same time as iCUE, but since I couldn't change the color setting on my 2080ti Strix(yet?), I had to do it via Aura. I was able to change the MB settings in iCUE before launching Aura, but now I think it is still running in the background, since I can't seem to make any changes to the MB via iCUE afterwards.

Kind of a confusing setup.

Good to hear that solved with bios. Now try to do clean install of icue. That is always suggested to me by corsair team support. There is a guide on corsair website. They even suggested me once to do it with revo unistaller.

I've had this working on my Z370-F for the past few days and was relatively happy with the result but ended up disabling the plugin from iCUE. Ever since enabling this feature, iCUE would crash when launching a game (Escape from Tarkov) and my corsair RAM would intermittently become non-configurable and unable to be monitored within iCUE. I had assumed (incorrectly) that Tarkov's Anticheat (Battleye) was having issues with the new version of iCUE that I had installed as part of this process. I finally determined that it was actually the ASUS Aura plugin that was causing the issue. After deleting the plugin, I'm able to launch the game and iCUE now stays open. It was a nice feature to have but I think I'll wait until some of these issues are ironed out before re-enabling the plugin. Just wanted to share in case anyone else was running into this issue and scratching their head.

@Corsair James just wanted to let you know, I've followed the instructions explicitly. It worked to recognize my ASUS MOBO (using latest Bios) the first time after pluggin instal, it popped up in ICUE upon starting the program. Now after a few hours and returning from sleep mode, ICUE no longer sees the MOBO and the plugin appears to have bugged out other detection too. My Corsair RAM isn't showing now in the list of controllable devices on my dashboard. All my specs are in my profile. I did not start Aura at any point. Only installed it. Hope this helps. Looking forward to BETA finishing and the link between ICUE and my ASUS products to be fully functional.

Good to hear that solved with bios. Now try to do clean install of icue. That is always suggested to me by corsair team support. There is a guide on corsair website. They even suggested me once to do it with revo unistaller.

Was too good to be true. After another reboot, the RAM showed an error again. Maybe a clean install of icue is in order, but frankly I'm giving up for now. Since it can't control the gpu and I need Aura to change that, but doing so conflicts with icue atm, it's just more hassle than it is worth at this point.

Perhaps I'll revisit once it matures out of beta and hopefully allows for control of gpu as well(not sure if that is even planned).

Works perfectly on a ASUS TUF X570 PLUS GAMING (WI-FI), don't forget to reboot your system before opening iCue! Also, installing Aura Sync isn't necessary if you already have Armoury Crate :biggrin:

I have the same mobo but neither Aura nor iCUE show it :sigh!:

I had an issue with Aura Sync in that whenever I would restart or boot my PC it wouldn't sync the ARGB until I unlinked it and relinked it in the software and reset the colour(s) I wanted.

Did anyone else have this issue and did using this in iCUE solve it? I can't test myself but I'm excited to give it a go when I get home from work this evening.

Thank you corsair!!! Asus aura is a very basic way to control mobo leds compare to Icue. Well done corsair !!!

However I had several problems. After enabling plugins, Icue stopped detecting any devices every time when I turned on my PC so I had to restart Icue service to force icue to detect everything along with the mobo. Unfortunately all mobo leds went off when Icue was running.

Everything started working when I uninstalled Asus Armoury 2

ROG Maximus X apex

Had the same problem with Armoury Crate 3. I think Armoury Crate might be clashing with iCue. Probably because Armoury Crate is a horrendous application!

Hi everyone! I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro running Windows 7 64-bit. ICUE sees the motherboard, but can not change the lighting.

iCUE 3.24.52

AURA 1.07.79

ASUS Plugin 1.0.4.0