View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:04 AM
anamaroth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018175
anamaroth Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I am open to second opinions, but those all look like #8 screws to me. A standard short stubby fan screw that comes in with your average fan is #8 and those are also used for some custom cooling radiators, like Hardware Labs and Corsair's Hydro X line. However, most AIO radiators are #6-32 machine. When you put a #6 screw through the fan hole, there should be plenty of daylight around the shaft. A #8 screw has less than a millimeter and is as big as can go through the fan.

I am not sure if the wrong screws were included in the Platinum cooler's kit or if they came from somewhere else, but don't using the the #8 will permanently alter the radiator mounting holes. 6-32 machine screws can be found everywhere, including at your local hardware store. They don't have to be specialty "PC screws". However, if you want black you likely need to order them from a PC supplier, Corsair, or see if they are hiding in the box somewhere.
Here's what I found: the "AMD Screw clip" can be screwed into the radiator with ease. And it seems to be 1mm thinner in diameter than the screws that came with the radiator. Added 3 more pics at the end: https://imgur.com/a/oKLJ1al

Guess they put the wrong screws in the package. Can I demand the proper screws from Corsair?
thanks for the help, c-attack

Last edited by anamaroth; 09-14-2019 at 09:07 AM.