Corsair Community

Corsair Void dead won't charge or turn on.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today it stopped working. No power and won't turn on. The charging lights don't come on even after charging it over night. I bought this on 8/28. It's not the cord, I tested it on my phone to make sure it would give my phone a charge. Any ideas?

bump. i tried holding the volume knob and the power button while plugging the headset it and it uninstalled something then reinstalled it then continues to do nothing. :/ i think CUE is detecting it but if i try and force a firmware update it says that it's disconnected after like, 10 percent although the cord charges my phone with no problems

Edited by toxiklown

toxiklown,

If you have already tried recovering the headset via bootloader mode and it still has not helped, put in a support ticket with Corsair. Otherwise, if you pressed a button while plugging the headset in, It will put it into bootloader mode.

https://support.corsair.com/

More info. on bootloader recovery.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152196

• 1 month later...

I was playing a game when my headset started beeping that the battery was low, so i plugged in the charger, and then the headset started beeping rapidly at an even pace and wouldnt stop beeping for over a solid minute, so i unplugged the charging cable and the beeping stopped. So i tried plugging in the cable once again and the same thing happened, only this time the headset just stopped working and was no longer connected to the dongler or emitting any lights. I tried plugging the headset into another wallsocket, but no light was emitting whatsoever, And also the left earphone was super hot and smelled burnt. I updated the dongler firmware and tried pairing it, but the headset remains dead and not light is working. when i plug the headset into the computer via a micro usb to USB cable, it showed up as a "Avnera" device.

What do i do?

Edited by Hoffax

• Corsair Employee

Try performing the steps Toasted outlined above in his post.

If you have already tried recovering the headset via bootloader mode and it still has not helped, put in a support ticket with Corsair. Otherwise, if you pressed a button while plugging the headset in, It will put it into bootloader mode.

https://support.corsair.com/

More info. on bootloader recovery.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=152196

It seems like this product bricks at the drop of a hat. Just got it out of the box, downloaded the CUE, plugged everything in. Looked like it was charging. (solid amber light).

From the CUE, I saw an update button, hit it, it updated something, amber light turned off. CUE no longer recognizes that it's plugged in. Computer does. Uninstalled CUE, reinstalled, nothing. Won't even charge, much less be recognized by it's own software. Computer knows what it is and that it's plugged in.

Google the problem, boom. TONS of reports of varying similarity, all with fixes that don't work for me as the headset does not respond to any reset attempt and the CUE won't recognize that it's even plugged in. (not that the posts describing what to do weren't horribly outdated).

Put in my ticket, but honestly, why spend $100 on a headset to then spend HOURS trying to make the bloody thing function? It's a headset, not a spaceship.

They've got until mid afternoon to get back to me or it's off to Best Buy to get a different brand.

I bought mine 3 months ago. I've got a lot of Corsair in my pc. Mine just up and quit tonight and now I see this is an ongoing problem with these for several years. I'm not putting in a ticket, I rely on my headphones and don't have time to deal with RMA's etc. I expect a product to work reliably. Tomorrow I go to buy a set from a company other than Corsair! All my future builds will not include any products from them.

• 2 months later...

Bought my wife this headset about a year ago and it has been working phenomenally. On New Years Eve was the last time she used it successfully and when she got it this morning to use, suddenly like most others problem, the headset did not turn on or indicate any sign of working for her. She came to me with it and I found myself at this thread reading the same thing happening to all of you since 2015. Had me a bit worried but I came across a thread from MichaelWabbit

To all people having a problem with the VOID being in boot loader mode. Since the Corsair is NOT replying promptly in the matter, let the battery die out, that is do not use it. Update the firmware, then plug it back in to charge. The dead battery should allow you to get it functioning properly again. I do knot know why this is the case but I will be asking Corsair to see if there is anyway to avoid this problem in the future

This was what I needed to read. It WAS and IS possible for this issue to be resolved. I immediately went to Corsair's website and downloaded the newest version of the CUE, aka Corsair Utility Engine. After it installed, I placed the Void Doggle into the USB and connected the Void headset with it's provided USB cable. The CUE detected the doggle but not the headset just to be clear. I had noticed a yellow triangle with an exclamation point "/!\" in it on the lower right hand corner of the picture of the headset in the main console window of CUE's interface. This indicated to me that there was something that was up with the device. Unfortunately, where you thought you would click was not the actual place you had to click on to get to the place to resolve that cautionary issue.

In the Main "start up" window, there is a very small gear at the top-right side of the line of products the CUE supports, just left of the "Advanced" button. You know you got the right one if it says Global Settings when you hoover over it. Once clicked, and if you have connected both the doggle and the headset via USB, you should see an image of the Void headset just below that to the left. (This also depends if you have other Corsair supported devices attached to the same PC you are working on or not, so take that into consideration.) Now after you located the Void headset image, notice the small arrow pointing down towards an underscore "__" just to the right of the name of the headset. Click that icon, and it will allow you to download the newest Firmware update. Make sure you leave the defaulted option to Force Update and Click Update and wait to for it to complete.

Hope this helped someone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
my HS70 wireless headset wont turn on even though it stopped working while i was charging it and now it wont even show any signal because when i plug the charger in it usually turns orange but it didnt have a light at all. please help

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
My Void pro wireless has just quit on me, i dont know if its in bootloader or not but i have no indication of the headset turning on, charging, or even being plugged into the computer. i have tried everything i can including holding the mute button for 20 secs, force updating the firmware, and even letting the battery try to drain. however none of these have worked as the headset wont connect to the pc no matter what usb port i use. i dont have any idea if the batteries are dead or partially charged either. any help would be welcome as i dont have the money to buy another headset.

• 4 weeks later...

so what is the solution? it seems hundreds of people have this problem, same here, i went out to the store, came back and my brand new void headset just stopped working, not reacting on power or mute button or at plugging the charging cable.

what is the solution? i cant believe its just broke after a few days working perfectly?

-- EDIT: it worked for me to force update the firmware, the utility for that you find in the iCUE software tool

Edited by Slackwax

• 2 weeks later...

In the FAQ for the VOID (and perhaps other) headsets there is a comment about how to force a firmware update to fix the bootloader problem. If that works for you (read other posts and replies for instructions) do not read the rest of this post.

However, for those of you who, like us, could not get the Firmware update process to work, perhaps this will help.

-- Disconnect the battery --

Only for a moment or two. Note, this is not something you should do if the headset is still under warranty, as it will likely void that. There are instructional videos on YouTube that show you the process. With the correct tools it only takes a few minutes.

You also do not have to remove the battery completely, simply disassemble the headset far enough to remove the battery cable. Leave it undone for a few minutes (probably 10 seconds is enough, but why be stingy?) then reattach the battery and reassemble the headset. If you are careful, your headset will be as good as new in no time.

My friend and I spent several hours yesterday trying to recover from the bootloader problem (VOID could not be accessed under Windows 10 because of an USB error). I tried every step mentioned in the forums with the exception of reinstalling windows 10, and then my friend (an actual IT technician) went through all the same steps (and a few more) again, with no effect.

Finally, we agreed that disconnecting the battery was likely the best next step and sure enough that was enough. (Kind of wish we had started there, but whatever.) Now the VOID is working awesomely again.

AND I know not to touch any of the buttons when plugging it in to charge ... yeah, I wish someone had mentioned that to me BEFORE I happened to do it. I certainly did not intend to plug in the charger AND press the mute/power button .. it was totally accidental.

Cheers!

Edited by Bosk
No subject

• 1 month later...

Just bought this yesterday and was working fine all last night. At some point I think I updated the firmware and everything seemed fine afterwards.

Today after work I turn on the comp and it isn't turning on at all. I tried holding mute for 20 seconds in case that helped, but no luck.

However, in the Bluetooth & other devices section in Windows, when I plug it in it tells me it finds a 'Avnera AV6302' devices... and as well goes away after unplugging the usb cable from the headset.

The receiver when unplugged and replugged in shows up as an Unknown devices (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

I hope that's enough info to go on, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I can'y imagine something failing like this so fast, and by the looks of it to so many people.

I've tried just about every combo I could as far as having the receiver plugged in or not, charging cable in or not, multiple USB ports, and the 20 second hold of the mute button at just about every step.

Any other tips would be appreciated, but if this is already dead and I have to take it back, I'm most certainly never buying another Corsair product again other than maybe RAM, which so far seems to be something they can deal with.

UPDATE: I am seeing the USB Dongle receiver now properly after uninstalling the device+drivers and rebooting. It keeps blinking, looking for the headset... which is still not giving me any indicator lights or output of any kind.

UPDATE 2: WORKING!!!

I went ahead and uninstalled the icue software and rebooted. At that point it still wasn't showing up and still saying I had the 'Avnera AV6302' installed.

I opened ICue and went ahead with the firmware update, even tho it said it was already at the current version. During this process windows told me it was setting up that Anvera device, but towards the end of the update it said it was now setting up the void pro.

After that, it started working again.

Hope that helps anyone having an issue if the other methods didnt work. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into something that needs to be done often and was just a fluke.

Edited by weiz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...