Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bug I've encountered is if you have your lowest DPI setting set to the same as the sniper button DPI setting, when you switch to your lowest DPI it switches to your sniper DPI instead, then locks up your DPI setting; meaning you can't change it. The only solution(s) is to either create a new mode and delete the other, or completely remove then re-install the driver if was a mode saved to your device's memory.

Edit: One more; I've had to manually restart the daemon after returning from sleep on some occasions.

Edited by Gas_Mask_

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything works great, though it would be awesome if we could use the color profiles/animations from CUE. Hopefully someday.

On that note, is there a repository of profiles/animations that work in ckb? There are a few that come preloaded, but surely people have made their own.

Hi all,

Quick question - is the K95 ckb-next driver reliably working on Linux at the moment? All I care about are the macro keys - I am a programmer and don't have time to fart around with it. Thank you so much for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm interested in a K70 RGB but I read the following user comment on a retailer's site: "Does not work properly on linux without a community driver that keylogs everything you type."

Has anyone heard anything about this?

How reliable is the unofficial Linux support for the K70/RGB at this point?

Edited by user1705

Hi all, I'm interested in a K70 RGB but I read the following user comment on a retailer's site: "Does not work properly on linux without a community driver that keylogs everything you type."

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Nope. I do not know a community developed driver which logs key strokes.

The driver I know is open source and everybody may have a look into the complete source.

Maybe what you mean is the driver issue with some HP notebooks, where a logging file exists?

How reliable is the unofficial Linux support for the K70/RGB at this point?

Please have a look at the issues tab at the link above. There are some issues concerning the K70, but it depends on what model you have and what OS you use.

Except some time it does not cost you anything to try out the driver.

Will take a lot more info to be useful.

1. Os used both linux flavor and version

2. Did you try in windows? I.E are you sure the hardware is not defective?

3. Assuming you are using linux, tail the messages log as you plug it in and post the results.

4. Assuming linux, post the results of 'lsusb' while you are root...

somewhere in the many pages there is a list of things to try, but those are mostly the gist of it.

Robert

Just grabbed a new k95 rgb platinum and for some reason it won't detect it, I already tried to restar the machine. any tips?
Hello. As indicated on the GitHub project page (here), the K95 RGB Platinum ain't supported yet.

The keyboard works (i have one with my Linux laptop) but you cannot cutomize the RGB feature or the G-keys. Maybe we have to be patient ;):

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently tried to install arch linux on my computer and I noticed immideatly that I was having some issues with my RGB STRAFE keyboard being recognized during boot even under the live usb. After a couple reboots it worked and I didn't worry more about it.

Problem is this now happens all the time during boot. I get this error:

https://i.imgur.com/LMO7iR7.jpg

Every so often I get a different error put the keyboard works (this is how i was able to install arch). I also noticed that if I boot with the LTS kernel I can make it work all the time. As soon as I disconnect and reconnect the keyboard inside the OS it will die again. This is what that error looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/IsU6DfC.jpg

Booting with the usbhid.quirks fix doesn't seem to fix anything:

https://i.imgur.com/YRwKiYn.jpg

I think it is working though because when I "cat /sys/modules/parameters/quirks" I can see the modifications taking place but the keyboard wont behave any differently.

This are my settings and firmware under windows:

https://i.imgur.com/pOirVww.png

This is my first time under linux so I don't know if this is a recent development or how it should have worked before. Under those times that I manage to get inside the OS even CKB wont recognize the keyboard even though it shows up under lsusb.

Thanks

I hope this may be helpful for some macOS users. I'm on macOS 10.12.5 using the fork from mattanger/ckb-next.

Using both M65 Pro RGB and K70 RGB. You might ask why the hell would a Mac user.... Well I'm a hackintosh user so I dual boot and game regularly in Windows.

I found a pretty brilliant work around in the issue section for making the forward and back buttons functional.

For the buttons bind them to program and launch the below.

Back:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke "[" using command down'

Forward:

osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke ]" using command down'

I also wanted my sniper button to invoke Mission Control.

Mission Control:

osascript -e 'do shell script "/Applications/Mission\\ Control.app/Contents/MacOS/Mission\\ Control"'

Source: https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next/issues/192

Credit to paraschadha for the initial idea.

Another Hackintosh user :)

And a small issue: on High Sierra (beta 2), my profiles don't come over with the upgrade.

I re-entered the macros and they seem to be sticking.

edit: The macros are disappearing in High Sierra.

Does anyone know where these profiles are kept? I'd like to make a backup of them, or be able to copy them across during upgrades.

Edited by HackinCAD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am pretty new to Mac, recently still had a PC. And so I had a MM800 RGB Mousepad, which I would love to use on the Mac as well. So I heard about this tool, but unfortunately the MM800 is not supported. Any chance that happens anytime soon ?

Thanks in advance.

Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new here. I just bought the M65 Pro for my iMac. I am playing CSGO, but all the sniper button does, is to lower the DPI. No chance of combining it with "secondary fire", so that the sniper weapon goes into aim mode?