Corsair Community

iCUE v3.20.80 Patch Notes

Corsair James

https://i.imgur.com/W49wtFy.jpg

[iCUESetup_3.20.80_release.msi]

Extremely High CPU Consumption

The program is open in the Windows task manager but does not open the screen.

Already removed with Revo Unistaller

I already removed the drivers

I already formatted the computer

I do not use antivirus

I used a firewall, even turning it off or on makes no difference

The [iCUESetup_3.19.120_release.msi] version also has the same problem.

Version [iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi] is working normally.

Edited by Technobeard
Changed to link

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having problems as well. 3.18 was using 1-2% like above user told, and now it's more than 3-5% all the time. Additionally and I think more importantly, when you enable full software RGB control for Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, CPU usage spikes to 20-30% and stays like that all the time. Disable and now it is again 3-5%. Does anyone have the same problem? Edited by Blackworms

I am having problems as well. 3.18 was using 1-2% like above user told, and now it's more than 3-5% all the time. Additionally and I think more importantly, when you enable full software RGB control for Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, CPU usage spikes to 20-30% and stays like that all the time. Disable and now it is again 3-5%. Does anyone have the same problem?

Did you read James' post?

The only CPU issue we see is when DRAM has software lighting enabled. This does cause the CPU usage to increase. To resolve this, we've done two things:

1.) We deployed a new driver to control DRAM lighting in iCUE v3.19. This will pave the way to manage the lighting on the modules to be much more efficient.

2.) We are currently working on a new firmware for Vengeance RGB PRO and Dominator RGB to take advantage of this new driver. Once we are ready to deploy, we should be able to significantly reduce the CPU overhead.

In the meantime, if users feel their CPU usage is too high (avg 10-20% depending on CPU), then we recommend to disable software control for DRAM until our new driver is ready.

Edited by BlaiseP

This version is still broken, it don't even load just sits in the task manager no icon in the system tray either and eating 30% cpu.

[iCUESetup_3.20.80_release.msi]

Extremely High CPU Consumption

The program is open in the Windows task manager but does not open the screen.

Already removed with Revo Unistaller

I already removed the drivers

I already formatted the computer

I do not use antivirus

I used a firewall, even turning it off or on makes no difference

The [iCUESetup_3.19.120_release.msi] version also has the same problem.

Version [iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi] is working normally.

I have same issue!

Hi, I own for now, k95 platinum and a Polaris mousepad, soon there will come a Void Headset, a St100 and a Nightsword RGB. I have problems because since version 3.19 ICUE does not start with the operating system anymore. I tried to downgrade to 3.18 but then all my profiles disappear. As for CPU utilization issues with simpler profiles and minimized ICUE I believe you use at most 5% cpu, but I realize that the more complex the profile the more CPU uses.

Are we sure every windows file is intact? Maybe check that first with the windows DISM cmd ?

And it would help if people didn't just sprout "it don't work!" without any indication of what exactly doesn't work, their hardware or even what Corsair devices are in question.

My void pro stopped working right after i updated the icue to v3.20.80. the mic is working properly but there is no sound coming. ive tried wired and that doesnt work. it is my default i tried testing the headset is control panel but just got failed to play test tone.

My void pro stopped working right after i updated the icue to v3.20.80. the mic is working properly but there is no sound coming. ive tried wired and that doesnt work. it is my default i tried testing the headset is control panel but just got failed to play test tone.

Go to Device Manager, Select your Void Pro under Audio Video and Gamecontrollers, Right Click, Update Drivers, Drivers on this Computer, Select from list of available drivers, Select the Corsair driver and let it install. Should work again, then.

* Releases new build, has no patch noes.

* New build brakes allot of peoples systems to the point they return hardware / reinstall windows.

* Ignores everyone's feedback

* Refuses to pull the update that is causing people hell.

* Another new build comes out, cba to even make its own patch notes.

* Totally ignores the HUGE issues people had/downplays them as "minor".

Business as usual heh? End of the month gotta stay on that release scheduled even if the last update was broken. Please fire whoever is in charge of the software team and get some competent person in there place.

This is quite disappointing. I can no longer recommend Corsair peripherals to anyone if it means they are forced to experiment with software that causes performance issues.

Anyone who plays any competitive game should probably avoid using iCUE and peripherals that need it to function as intended. Now I feel bad for those professional eSport teams with Corsair sponsorships.

Now my icue freeze some times, my k95keyborad also frozen lights and the mic of void pro wireless say the microfone is off-on dozen times and stop working too. The ICUE was working fine until 3.18. Now its a mess....i need restar desktop to start work properly...and ICUE still do not iniciate with windows even if i marked to do.

I updated from 3.18 to 3.20 and it went smoothly for the most part.

The exception was I tried checking and applying firmware updates for my other devices and my Strafe RGB MK.2 would crash when attempting to update firmware for the keyboard. When using "clear onboard storage" the keyboard would drop out of iCue requiring you to quit and restart iCue.

Eventually I recovered the keyboard and was able to update the firmware successfully after unplugging and re-plugging in the keyboard and restarting iCue several times. The major symptom if it was going to fail seems to be current layout and current firmware version are not reporting properly. Once those reported properly in iCue the firmware update completed successfully.

After the firmware applied on the keyboard it was working as usual as I can tell so far.

iCue and the Corsair service still seem to keep the CPU busier than one would like. I suspect if they can switch over to a native 64-bit service and native 64-bit app that would probably help a lot to making those programs more optimal for the CPU.

K95 RGB

After updating to v3.20.80, whenever I press my TAB key It scrolls to the right. I can't Alt+Tab in-game as it's like the tab key has been rebound to right arrow. WTF?

Edit: Okay, after reinstalling iCUE & doing a system restore the issue still persists, so I'm guessing it can't be iCUE. Either it's a coincidence that it started happening after the update, or I just haven't noticed until now. I'm stumped.

Edited by boxanata

I am having a major issue. I just updated to 3.20.80 and now my Corsair K95 Platinum is saying "Current Layout: Not available". I have tried doing a system restore which reverted iCue to 3.19.120 which completely didn't detect my corsair gear at all, then when I updated back to the newest version, it detected my corsair gear, including the keyboard, now it still says "Current Layout: Not available". Someone, please help me. Thank you.

Screenshot_3.png.df646d50ca1e76a4813b2dee4c308415.png

Made an account because this patch broke my macros. Gave me a little indicator saying the macros weren't functioning correctly and to try repairing. Repairing did nothing so I tried rolling back to a different patch. Then from the software I went to update to this patch and it seemingly works again. Annoying that you guys launch software this buggy this consistently, just glad I keep every update you do because I anticipate you breaking everything again. Tell your devs to get their act together and stop shipping broken software.