View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:30 AM

POST ID # = 753747
AJBeard Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgblopu View Post
oh yeah true. Oh well.

Yeah you're right, it is very capable but it feels a lot like playing minecraft, where people make Kb computers using primitive stuff like pistons and what not to achieve something cool, but it's fiddly. Not sure if that's a good metaphor but for example when making pixel art that goes down the keyboard or across you have to make a gradient lighting effect or solid for each key and then put in all the different colours in that one lighting effect as tabs and time it so that it lines up, it's just annoying, and making a wave black at the start so as to delay the beginning, it's like you have to kind of trick it, but oh well. Hopefully we see nice updates, imagine a reactive health bar on your function keys that's linked to the game or keys that go from lit to dim according to the cooldown time.

yeah
That's a pretty spot on metaphor. As it stands, you really have to work hard for the results that you're after. I think the whole pixel art thing is a good example, which is why we're seeing so little of it. The time that it takes to do the things that, in your mind should be simple, is proving to be the biggest restraint.

I hadn't even thought of cooldown timers! I suppose that would be possible now, but could you imagine having to set modes for every character you have, and if you switched out a skill, you'd have to change your lighting effects to suit it. If they could make CUE automatically set times etc, that would be amazing, but probably limited to a very small number of popular games. (I'm not even an MMO gamer, but I think that would be an incredible feat).