Corsair Community

CUE - Sync It Demo (Computex 2017)

Yeah I get what you are saying dude.. You can run 8 strips from one channel of You tell link they are 'LL fans.. but I fear the load 8 would place on one channel so I havnt done it my self...

Well I can confirm that using 7 strips this way does indeed work without the need for any modification at all.. so what gives? Why don't they make it so you can just daisy 8 strips on each channel?

EDIT: I should point out the only reason I don't have 8 strips is because there was a slight.. erm.. accident with one of my strips and I blew it up (in the name of science though). Subsequently I can confirm you definitely can't plug the led strips into the led fan controller..

Edited by Whisky Lima
  • Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDIT: I should point out the only reason I don't have 8 strips is because there was a slight.. erm.. accident with one of my strips and I blew it up (in the name of science though). Subsequently I can confirm you definitely can't plug the led strips into the led fan controller..

LOL!! now that I like.. I cant help but respect you now dude!... did the hub survive?

LOL!! now that I like.. I cant help but respect you now dude!... did the hub survive?

Yeah man the hub is fine! Basically the strip lit up for about half a second but it wasn't rainbow coloured as you would expect, it was kind of a yellowish - I'm burning as opposed to lighting - kind of colour. then the lights fizzled and went off. Obviously I unplugged the sata power as soon as I knew something wasn't right but by then it was far too late and all of the leds had popped completely. What we do in the name of science hu?

Yeah man the hub is fine! Basically the strip lit up for about half a second but it wasn't rainbow coloured as you would expect, it was kind of a yellowish - I'm burning as opposed to lighting - kind of colour. then the lights fizzled and went off. Obviously I unplugged the sata power as soon as I knew something wasn't right but by then it was far too late and all of the leds had popped completely. What we do in the name of science hu?

Excellent lol.. my Hero! and yeah.... a man has to do what a man has to do and you are certainly braver than i am lol

lesson learnt eh

Well i'm not sure if it is brave or foolish but when I get an idea in my head, I have to run with it or it would drive me crazy!

which reminds me... i must add this as a 'not' to in my help thread lol.. clickly the linky in my siggy ;)

Nice work! I have just realised I have actually read that thread to find out if you could use the leds in the fan hub.. what are the odds?! Now you just need to go back in time a little and slip that in there so I can read it and then I will have 8 strips instead of 7...

LOL... if only eh......

Hey there,

just finished my 570x build with LL120s... SO sync it will be a new tool right? Any information when it will be out?

I guess the ripple effect from keyboard through mousepad to the LL120s is not possible yet?

Hope someone has some insight.

best regards

denym_

Hey there,

just finished my 570x build with LL120s... SO sync it will be a new tool right? Any information when it will be out?

I guess the ripple effect from keyboard through mousepad to the LL120s is not possible yet?

best regards

denym_

Nope nothing new to report other than.. its coming.... 'sync it' that is...

Hey there,

best regards

denym_

Unfortunately you can't synchronise the HID peripherals with the internal fans and LEDs yet but that is my understanding of the aim of SYNC it. From what I can gather we will also have full per LED control over the LEDs inside the case as we do with the LEDs outside the case. Corsair are being very tight lipped about progress and when we might see the software finished and ready to use. I for one can't wait!

Hello everyone,

First of all, nice build @Zotty!

So, i'm thinking about building a whole new PC, and already bought the Corsair K70 Lux, MM200, ST100 & the corsair Glaive. (Not the headset yet, cause got a good working one for now). I just started to use those, and already can't miss them. And the RGB just looks awesome.

Now when i watched to demo of Sync it, it just looked so amazing, which made me rebuild my setup in almost all Corsair stuff.

Atm i'm thinking about:

Corsair 570x RGB

Vengeance RGB 32GB or 64GB

Corsair H115i Pro

2x HD 140mm fans (to build into the H115i Pro)

4x HD 120mm fans (To build into the case, 3 front- & 1 backside)

Commander Pro

Lightning Node Pro (4 led strips)

And a corsair 850W Psu.

But looking @ Sync it, what about the Motherboard? Should i best take a MSI board since they work together on Sync it?

Cause my original way of thinking was to buy the ASUS Maximus IX Formula?

Man, i can't wait for Sync it to release and make this build perfect!

Also, would you guys recommend more LED strips to build on my desk and/or monitors?

And if yes, doesn't it make a cable come out of my case and upon my desk/monitors?

So that would mean my PC would be static on the desk, and if i wanna move the PC, (except if i unplug it) it's almost impossible?

Grtz from a fresh Corsair fanboy!

Xetic

Hi bud...and Thanks dude :)

obviously we are all waiting on release of 'sync-it' for confirmed details.. not much info out there really aside from the video.

Re strips outside the case... why not!.. I did lol... i did it by mounting second small psu under my desk for sata power and running the usb from the Node Pro to the Rear IO on my pc.. it worked out rather well :). currently got 16 strips but it will go up to 24 once funds allow...

Hello everyone,

Man, i can't wait for Sync it to release and make this build perfect!

Also, would you guys recommend more LED strips to build on my desk and/or monitors?

And if yes, doesn't it make a cable come out of my case and upon my desk/monitors?

So that would mean my PC would be static on the desk, and if i wanna move the PC, (except if i unplug it) it's almost impossible?

Grtz from a fresh Corsair fanboy!

Xetic

Yes if you want to add the LED strips to your desk and/or monitor then you will need to have a cable coming out of your PC so it is all linked to the lighting node pro or the commander pro inside your case. With some clever wiring you can have the extension connector on the bottom of the PC in an easily accessible location so you can move your PC if you need to by simply un clipping the cable first.

Hi bud...and Thanks dude :)

obviously we are all waiting on release of 'sync-it' for confirmed details.. not much info out there really aside from the video.

Re strips outside the case... why not!.. I did lol... i did it by mounting second small psu under my desk for sata power and running the usb from the Node Pro to the Rear IO on my pc.. it worked out rather well :). currently got 16 strips but it will go up to 24 once funds allow...

So basicly atm, gathering intel from the vid, i would best buy an MSI Motherboard?

24 strips? :bigeyes: I bet it is amazing, but on what did you use it? PC, Desk, and ... ?

Yes if you want to add the LED strips to your desk and/or monitor then you will need to have a cable coming out of your PC so it is all linked to the lighting node pro or the commander pro inside your case. With some clever wiring you can have the extension connector on the bottom of the PC in an easily accessible location so you can move your PC if you need to by simply un clipping the cable first.

Hmm sound really interessting, do you might have an idea (since i haven't seen an 570X case in real life yet, if the case has an opening @ the lower backside?

Grtz

Xetic

So basicly atm, gathering intel from the vid, i would best buy an MSI Motherboard?

24 strips? :bigeyes: I bet it is amazing, but on what did you use it? PC, Desk, and ... ?

Hmm sound really interessting, do you might have an idea (since i haven't seen an 570X case in real life yet, if the case has an opening @ the lower backside?

Grtz

Xetic

I cant offer you any insight on the msi mortherboard with the corsair header dude as i dont have one..

as for strips... we have a long desk with 2 pc's and 5 screens altogether, mine and the wifes,, so lots to light up...

here it is with 16 strips.. need 8 more.. 4 under my desk and 4 over behind her screen and desk..

[ame]

[/ame]

in the pic bellow i removed 4 of the strips from my pc. for behind wifes pc so need to replace those and also add 4 under my desk..

rPZQQXvh.jpg

this one is with strips under desk

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Zotty

Ok, no worries! Thx for the quick replies anyhow! :D

Guess i'm gonna bet on an MSI motherboard then :)

And holy man.. That is just heaven inside a room!

Great job building it and thinking of it!

I would love to have such a room in the future! (How far away it might be :P)

Also, the 2nd PSU under ur desk? Is it's purpose only for the LED strips? Cause then (if i want it too) a low power PSU is enough then i guess?

And you probably use multiple Commander Pro's (CP) then i guess?

If so, how do you connect them to each other? Just 1 CP in a channel from the other CP?

Yea low power psu will do the job

I am running 1x commader pro and 2 x node pros my self but will go to 3 node pros when the extra strips go in lol

But re connection of multiple commander pro's.. just daisy chain them from their own usb headers ;)..

Yes like Zotty mentioned you can use a second PSU however I have quite a small setup so my PC is quite close to my monitor so I went the other way. I only have the one LNP inside my PC so I used one of the small holes on the bottom of the machine to pass the extension cables through. Most cases have such holes so it shouldn't be a problem if you have a smaller setup and have your LNP inside your case. I have an LED strip under the case which then connects to an extension (I had to make it longer but the same can be achieved by daisy chaining the extensions). Then just hook up your external LEDs and you are done.

ykf4YFk.jpg

Hey Corsair James, when the new software releases, will there be any changes to the way the node works with the LED strips. Obviously it has no problem with 6 strips daisy chained when you tell it they are fans so will there be some way we can have 6 strips on one channel instead of just 4? That would complete my life! Edited by Whisky Lima

• Corsair Employee
Hey Corsair James, when the new software releases, will there be any changes to the way the node works with the LED strips. Obviously it has no problem with 6 strips daisy chained when you tell it they are fans so will there be some way we can have 6 strips on one channel instead of just 4? That would complete my life!

There will be changes, obviously. Can't confirm anything at this time though.

Hey Corsair James, when the new software releases, will there be any changes to the way the node works with the LED strips. Obviously it has no problem with 6 strips daisy chained when you tell it they are fans so will there be some way we can have 6 strips on one channel instead of just 4? That would complete my life!

Yes! That would be good.

What I wondered was about the power. BUT ... the LED strip packaging doesn't tell us the current requirements.

BUT ... based on the current requirements for the LEDs on the LL and HD fans, we can estimate about 0.04A per LED ... so 0.4A per strip.

That's 1.6A for 4 strips, 3.2A for 8. If you do two strips of 6, you're looking at 4.8A, which is more current than is provided for over the SATA connection (4.5A) and leaves nothing for the Lighting Node Pro's processor. Five strips per gives you a total of 4.0 A even. So that's a possible winner.

Now ... if the configuration was "smart" enough to do on the fly current requirement calculations based on the devices attached and allow you to leverage that current how you wanted to, then you could have a 10 strip connection on one port and an LED fan hub (which takes no current from the NoPro) on the other port. Or ... 6 and 4 or 8 and 2. However you arrange it for a total of 10 strips max for each NoPro.