Corsair Community

Build losing power to all accessories in game after plugging in MM800 RBG Mousepad

gtromano

Hey Everyone,

I finally got around to building my new PC, and I am loving every second of it. It has been a journey, a frustrating one at that, and just when I thought i had got it all figured out I ran into another problem.

I have tricked out my battlestation with a lot of Corsair RGB accessories (headset, headset stand, mouse and mousepad so far), and everything was running just fine until the other day when i got the Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB mousepad.

I was playing Overwatch for a while and randomly (maybe 4 times over the course of a few hours), I would all of a sudden lose all power to my mouse, keyboard, headset (plugged into the keyboard), and new mousepad. Power comes back to all devices after ~5 seconds. Please note the cord on the back of my keyboard splits into two USB plugs, both are inserted into the PC

I was not having any of these issues until I got the mousepad hooked up , so i assume that is whats causing it. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

I don't want to return the mousepad if I don't have to, because it looks incredible. So does anybody know why this may be happening? Am I potentially drawing too much power (750 watt supply) with all the RGB? Is the mousepad buggy? Why would that cause all of the different things to short? Could it potentially be an issue with the motherboard I purchased (ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING)? Additionally, if I turn off some of the RGB lights, I am able to play without these issues, so I am beginning to think its a power draw issue, but everywhere Im reading online says my 750 Watt supply should be enough.

Sorry for all of the questions, this is the first build I've done on my own, and I just want to make sure I get it all right!

Thank you to anybody who can help :)

Edited by gtromano

• Corsair Employee
Its not a PSU issue but rather your USB ports may have issues with delivering the amperage needed to drive the mousepad in addition to all of your other peripherals. Do you have anything connected to the MM800 when this is happening?

Its not a PSU issue but rather your USB ports may have issues with delivering the amperage needed to drive the mousepad in addition to all of your other peripherals. Do you have anything connected to the MM800 when this is happening?

Hey James,

Thank you for following up here. No, I am not using the USB passthrough on my MM800 Mousepad. That along with the mouse are plugged in independently.

^^^ I agree with James.

Try using different USB stacks on the back of the computer for each device. Maybe spreading out the demand will help.

Interesting. I have tried moving some around, but I have been plugging them in next to each other for the most part. I will try this when I get home.

Thank you for the advice!

Interesting. I have tried moving some around, but I have been plugging them in next to each other for the most part. I will try this when I get home.

Thank you for the advice!

Hey Guys,

Thank you for your advice here. I moved some plugs around so that no two were plugged next to each other, and had a good gaming session of about 3 hours last night with no issues. Loos like it worked for now! I will follow up if I run into the issue again, but for now, thank you.