Corsair Community

LL140 vs ML140 RGB Pro vs ML140 Non rgb

Creaze

Currently I have x2LL140 as intake fans at the front of my Meshify C case. I'm thinking about returning them and getting the ML140 non-rgb version as I've heard they are better? Can someone with experience let me know if it is worth it to replace them or just stick with the LLs? I have a couple of the LL120 white version for the rest of my case and the specs say it has a higher rated rpm and cfm. Would it be better to use 2 or 3 LL120 white instead of the 2 LL140 at the front of my case? Thanks! Edited by Creaze

The specifications for the white LL fans list a higher volume of air because their max speed is drastically higher. If you don’t run them at 2200+ rpm, you don’t get that airflow.

It would make things easy if adding +5cfm to your intake dropped your case temps by 5C. It doesn’t work like that. It takes massive changes to have a measurable effect on internal case temps, unless you are cooling an object directly on the other side of the fan (m.2 drive, HDD, etc). I can’t see any reason to throw a monkey wrench into your case lighting by moving a pair of ML-RGB fans into the front that require a separate lighting channel. If you don’t want RGB or that “mesh” on the front panel is unusually restrictive, that is another matter.

Okay, gotcha, thanks for the reply! Yeha I might return the LL140 and get ML140 non rgb for the front of my case because I dont really like the asymmetrical lighting ring look coming through the mesh of the meshify c, but that's just a personal preference. I've also heard that you can't turn off the rgb for the LL series which is a huge downside in my opinion, but again just a personal opinion.

You can turn off the lighting for any of the Corsair RGB fans by setting 0,0,0 (black) or simply refusing to connect the lighting wires. The older ML140 PRO LED that came in white/red/blue cannot be turned off since the lighting power and fan power are tied into the same circuit.

If you don't like the ring look, the ML is likely to move more air through any kind of mesh panel at the same speed vs an LL. Whether that amounts to any actual temperature change is a more doubtful. Note ML140 RGB max out at 1200 rpm. ML140 PRO (black or the grey twin pack) will run 2000. You likely don't want a pair of 140s doing more than 1200 rpm on the front intake, but just FYI.

• Confused 1

• 11 months later...
You can turn off the lighting for any of the Corsair RGB fans by setting 0,0,0 (black) or simply refusing to connect the lighting wires. The older ML140 PRO LED that came in white/red/blue cannot be turned off since the lighting power and fan power are tied into the same circuit.

If you don't like the ring look, the ML is likely to move more air through any kind of mesh panel at the same speed vs an LL. Whether that amounts to any actual temperature change is a more doubtful. Note ML140 RGB max out at 1200 rpm. ML140 PRO (black or the grey twin pack) will run 2000. You likely don't want a pair of 140s doing more than 1200 rpm on the front intake, but just FYI.

talking about 2 140 in the front at 1200 rpm, your recommending against that because noise?

Edited by kikkoman