Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

Is it possible that with linux and ckb the k95 rgb colors are more colorful than using windows with the Corsair Utility Engine?

Also the with windows every time present rgb flickering isn't there if I use Linux and ckb.

Ckb for Windows 10 please ..... :biggrin:l

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings,

My problem with the modifier keys is that they don't work correctly in some Mac applications. For example, if I use the Shift (or re-mapped Command (ALT) key) key to highlight multiple files in the Finder, the modifier key is not recognized at all and it won't select multiple files. In addition, if I click on a menu and press the Option (re-mapped Windows key) key

Regards,

Geoffrey

This is the known problem with master branch, try build ckb-next with "newdev" branch, it has the fix for multi select.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Using both K95 Platinum and Glaive RGB, glaive isn't recognized by the app but functions like a normal mouse. on the other hand the app messes up with my k95 Plat and makes the keyboard unable to type anything. i have to restart the system and not load the app for me to be able to use the keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just registered to this forum to say thank you very much for this Linux software!! I received both Corsair K70 and M65pro for xmas, was dissapointed when I booted to Linux and the lights on the mouse went out, and the keyboard lights didn't do anything fun at all.

Using Manjaro, the CKB software is available through AUR, making installation a breeze. In minutes I was making super neato lighting effects with my Corsair gear! Thank-you!

I recently tried to install arch linux on my computer and I noticed immideatly that I was having some issues with my RGB STRAFE keyboard being recognized during boot even under the live usb. After a couple reboots it worked and I didn't worry more about it.

I've got the exact same problem on firmware 2.05. ckb wont help in my case since it usbhid wont even load it properly, also giving I'm running LUKS Partitions. Booting a 4.14 kernel on my gentoo box or any recent live cd from any recent distro gives the same results. Rebooted about 10x times and cannot get the keyboard to work, feel like its about 2002 running a 2.2 or 2.4 kernel and :laughing: about incompatibilities with a USB device. Has anyone got a Strafe RGB to be properly recognized on a recent 4.x kernel ? Or should I cut my losses and invest with another vendor ?

Any input is appreciated , thanks

[    6.961079] usb 3-14: New USB device found, idVendor=1b1c, idProduct=1b20
[    6.961084] usb 3-14: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    6.961087] usb 3-14: Product: Corsair STRAFE RGB Gaming Keyboard
[    6.961090] usb 3-14: Manufacturer: Corsair
[    6.961093] usb 3-14: SerialNumber: eatme
[    6.962534] input: Corsair Corsair STRAFE RGB Gaming Keyboard as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-14/3-14:1.0/0003:1B1C:1B20.0005/input/input6
[    7.014351] hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B20.0005: input,hidraw4: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Corsair Corsair STRAFE RGB Gaming Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:14.0-14/input0

[   42.976148] usbhid 3-14:1.1: can't add hid device: -110
[   42.976222] usbhid: probe of 3-14:1.1 failed with error -110
[   42.976293] usbhid 3-14:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

Edited by emerge

I've got the exact same problem on firmware 2.05.

Appears this gem needs dedicated usb 3.0 ports it can't handle 2.0 ports with usbhid. Someone at corsair may want to look into that or not ; hint it has to due with the power draw and the awesome termination they are doing. I'm guessing they don't care as linux isn't in their bottom line, considering the length of this thread and shoddy native linux kernel support till this day.

Edit: this is the first time in over 17 years I've had to troubleshoot an input device albeit keyboard support with vanilla linux kernel. My first and last corsair keyboard.

Thanks for the time waster. Have fun

Edited by emerge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

- big thank you to the people who developed this

- i use linux and shame on you corsair for not supporting it...i have corsair ram, lighting node pro, power supply, corsair h60 water cooler and now a k70 lux rgb keyboard that is all officially unsupported. wake up and provide linux support

- i use my lightning node pro by starting a vm and setting the lights the way i want and then they stay as set when vm is shutdown. for keyboard, i can't do this because i need the keyboard to login, etc

- my question for all the linux users is: is it possible to use the keyboard without ckb-daemon. do i have to use the bios switch to do this? reason i ask is because i am worried that at some point the linux driver will stop being supported by the community and stop working with new kernels and then i will be stuck with a useless keyboard. i am not as concerned about the lights, but right now i cannot get my keyboard to work at all without running the ckb-daemon. i see some hits on google where i think people are using the keyboard (without lights) with no ckb-daemon. can anyone confirm this is true or not? any ideas what i am doing wrong? i tried adding the quirks to my kernel boot but has no effect.

- thanks for any help you can provide...i still have a few days to return this and might do so because i am worried about it becoming useless. i might go for a k95 because i think i can set the lights in it in a VM and the settings will persist when the vm is shutdown...but as a keyboard that could still be useless if ckb support ends....almost feels like 1997

Edited by craw169

• 2 weeks later...
The K90 was the last corsair product I've bought. Gave it to the wifey years ago, after finding out corsair does not care about linux customers. I don't buy any of their products anymore and advise all my friend to not buy any corsair products either.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys!

I just got here, so I don't know yet if you guys said something like this before, but I am going to share my experience with a corsair keyboard and linux/macos.

I own a Corsair K70 LUX RGB, and I've been using ckb-next for the past... 4, maybe 5 years? I also had the opportunity to try it on many different distros (ubuntu, mint, suse, arch, manjaro, elementary, and many a few others that I don't quite remember).

Choosing my main distro became a matter of "which distro can at least work with the keyboard out of the box". Because many distros that I tried the keyboard would not work. I had a fight of over a year with elementary because I could not for the love of Linux make the keyboard work consistently. I would boot the computer, and some times the keyboard just would not work. Removing and plugging the usb a few times would eventually make it work though, but it was a pain.

The important detail here is that once logged in, the keyboard would work just fine as long as ckb was running. I had this inconsistency problem only on the logging in screen.

That's when I just gave up and just started using distros where the keyboard would work out of the box.

And I give you two names: Linux Mint and Manjaro.

Those were the only ones so far that I had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

I've been trying to launch ckb-next unsuccessfully for the past week. Somewhere I read that ckb-next will not launch on root. How to rectify this and get ckb-next to work as root?

This thread is so old I have little hope of getting a response.

I don't really think that not running as root would be a problem (unless you are logged in as root on your system).

But not being able to even launch it is quite the problem. Did you install all the dependencies correctly (cmake, glibc, Qt5, libudev, zlib)?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have my K70 on my MAC using

https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next

I have the following problems

No way to get the "." of the num keyboard to be a "." i get commas instead .

second issue from today

to do CTRL + C and copy I have to use the windows Key ..

not the keyboard CTRL

it was working fine until today

Many thanks, I use my mac as a desktop PC and such issues are just so crazy when you work on Excel that I'm thinking goign back to PC

many Thanks in advance

jguerrea,

Command is used instead of Control for things like Copy, Cut, Print, Paste, Save, .......

It makes sense that you have to use the windows button + c to copy. I remap the keys when using Mac OS to mimic a Mac keyboard layout. Alt/Option is assigned to the Windows key, the Windows key is assigned to the Alt key.

I think the link below will help you with your number pad "." issue. I think "numdot" is what you need to use to map another button to the number pad "."

https://github.com/ckb-next/ckb-next/blob/master/src/daemon/keymap.c#L9