View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:08 PM
roflcopter572's PC Specs

POST ID # = 858898
roflcopter572 Reputation: 10

Hey c-attack, thanks for the quick response!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the unit may actually be defective. I was able to wake up and request an Amazon "advanced RMA" early enough to get a free replacement today. I'll be installing the new unit (sans the fans, screws, mounting plate, link cable, etc.) and seeing if it makes a difference. If the problem remains, at least I have about 25 days to get anything else replaced.

I'll keep you guys updated after the new unit is installed and I try to reproduce the problem.

Edit: The clicking issue remains. I have no idea what the issue could be anymore. I'll unplug the cooler headers and see what happens. I really hope it isn't the motherboard.

Edit 2: IT WAS ONE OF THE HARD DRIVES. I turned my cube case around and stuck my ear everywhere. Came from the cage. Unplugged both drives, clicking immediately stops. Time to do some data management. Thanks so much, Corsair! As an added bonus to the RMA, the pump noise did diminish quite a bit.

Last edited by roflcopter572; 06-20-2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: replacement update