Corsair Community

Please release a new version of iCUE

socialwaif

With all of the complaints and problems folks are having - myself included - with iCUE v3.19.120, I really hope they will shortly release a newer version.

I was getting mouse freezes or stuttering every few seconds.

First I thought it was the new drivers from Nvidia. Rolled them back. Still present. Tweaked a few settings. No luck.

Maybe it was my overclock? Nope, still happening on stock setting.

Tried reinstalling iCUE v3.19.120...Next I tried rolling back to an earlier version of iCUE - v. 3.18.77. Less frequent but still present. Going back further, I am now running v. 3.17.97. They are gone.

However, iCUE failed to detect any of my Corsair devices. Great.

Would love to find a resolution to this. The stuttering or mouse freezing was driving me batty.

That is very interesting, so the mouse itself is not controlled by iCue. did you notice if you were seeing CPU spike when the stuttering was occurring?

I never got around to monitoring it, so I never noticed.

The mouse I am using is from Logitech. A G903 Lightspeed.

Edited by socialwaif

Ok if you decide to update again there are a few things we can try to isolate what is causing the problem. I will subscribe to this thread and keep an eye out for a response.

It is tempting to try it again. Is there a program like Display Driver Uninstaller, or DDU, that would be wise to use in switching versions? Or would just running the update through iCUE be sufficient?

Also, what is a good way to monitor for CPU spikes? Would the Performance tab of Task Manager catch it? I could try something more specific, like HWMonitor.

When you uninstall the current version of iCue you have installed, it will give you the option to remove all user data. If you check this box it will delete all your profiles and any settings for iCue. It's a pain in the butt if you have a lot of profiles but it's the best way to remove iCue in preparation for a new version if you are experiencing problems.

If you want to you can also navigate to the AppData/Roaming/Corsair/ folder and make a copy of the CUE folder in there. This will backup all your profiles and settings in case you want them back. If you need more in depth explanation of how to back up iCue let me know.

I will likely be giving it another try over the next few days. I have new RAM coming in and I bet it will ask me to update iCUE. If I run into trouble...I will post about it. See that there are many folks chiming in on the "iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage" thread. Looks like a fix or update may be coming!

The clever ladies and gents at Corsair are always looking for ways to improve the software and it is always evolving so they will undoubtedly be working on ways to improve the performance of the software. Hopefully we can at least get your system running a little better with iCue in the mean time so give me a shout if you decide to upgrade to the latest version.

I just got a reply to my support ticket that:

This is a known issue. It can be solved by updating Windows 10 to the newest version/by installing the newest Windows updates.

I am already on 1903 with all updates installed so pretty sure that this isn't the case. I have asked for exactly which updates are supposed to fix it.

The clever ladies and gents at Corsair are always looking for ways to improve the software and it is always evolving so they will undoubtedly be working on ways to improve the performance of the software. Hopefully we can at least get your system running a little better with iCue in the mean time so give me a shout if you decide to upgrade to the latest version.

That's a nice thought but the reality for some of us is that they have released an update to the stable channel (i.e. not Beta), which renders the hardware we have bought useless (I cannot even have iCUE installed without a 70% performance hit in games - no exaggeration), and we have no way to roll back (if I try an earlier version of iCUE, it crashes on start).

I'm sure they will get a fix done eventually but it's frustrating to not have a timeline and to be fobbed off with incorrect information from the support team. Just be transparent about the mistake and tell your paying customers when you expect to resolve it. That's not an unreasonable request.

Edited by Robbidoo
a typo

I'm sure they will get a fix done eventually but it's frustrating to not have a timeline and to be fobbed off with incorrect information from the support team. Just be transparent about the mistake and tell your paying customers when you expect to resolve it. That's not an unreasonable request.

I would not characterize their response as misleading or unclear. The response in the main thread discussing this issue acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Hopefully you were not expecting to get a video conference invite to their development and programming meetings. The normal release cycle is more or less monthly. It seems clear they are trying to advance this as quickly as possible or at least that is my interpretation of "top priority" and "we will be releasing it a lot sooner than originally planned". I am not sure what you are referring to with the highlighted "support team" comment and if that is Corsair Tech Support or the Corsair Support in the forums. I don't think anyone here is denying there is an issue.

I would not characterize their response as misleading or unclear. The response in the main thread discussing this issue acknowledges there is an issue and they are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Hopefully you were not expecting to get a video conference invite to their development and programming meetings. The normal release cycle is more or less monthly. It seems clear they are trying to advance this as quickly as possible or at least that is my interpretation of "top priority" and "we will be releasing it a lot sooner than originally planned". I am not sure what you are referring to with the highlighted "support team" comment and if that is Corsair Tech Support or the Corsair Support in the forums. I don't think anyone here is denying there is an issue.

The issues experienced with the latest version of iCUE are not exactly new though. They seem to be more frequent in the latest version, but many of the issues I've seen reported here are old issues. So while no, it might not be misleading, I do think there's a deeper rooted problem here than a bad release, something that they really should have looked into a long time ago.

I am not sure what issues you are referencing. Everyone, including me, that was affected by the system interrupt issue has resolved the issue by going back to 3.18.77. Perhaps it would be advisable to read the other threads, something the original poster did after starting this discussion to clarify the steps needed to resolve this. If you are pressed for time, you need to delete your Corsair settings and profiles that were modified when 3.19 was installed. You can’t use them on 3.18 or any earlier version.

I am not sure what issues you are referencing. Everyone, including me, that was affected by the system interrupt issue has resolved the issue by going back to 3.18.77. Perhaps it would be advisable to read the other threads, something the original poster did after starting this discussion to clarify the steps needed to resolve this. If you are pressed for time, you need to delete your Corsair settings and profiles that were modified when 3.19 was installed. You can’t use them on 3.18 or any earlier version.

Well that's one of the issues with 3.19, but the whole "system hog" bit, where Icue just gobbles up system resources is nothing new, and 3.19 seems to be worse yet. But the system hog issue, when icue claims a lot of cpu-power has been around since at least version 3.3. In 3.16 icue would gladly just claim the first CPU core and sit on it, constantly using all its power, while eating 500mb+ of RAM.

how many of you are running intel CPU and have updated the cpu microcodes to the latest version ? This would mean a bios update or doing it manually since not all mobo manufacturers care about it. I'm guessing most have not updated and are still running old and vurnarable microcodes. The same aplies for the Intel management engine firmware.

No matter what version they make i will always have in the back of my head the thought that this garbage software is somehow hindering my gaming experience. Just uninstalled and everything is so smooth like it never has been before, probably because i installed this software right as i got my PC together. My H150i fans are dead silent now as well and my temps are somehow the same. Only thing is my RBG is messed up now but i'm willing to live with it tbh. Corsair please delete this failed software and start over.

I have updated back to the dreaded iCUE v3.19.120

I did not want to post about how it went out of fear of jinxing myself. Gave it a few days first. So far, I have yet to see the micro-stutters or freezes of my mouse than I had before.

The cleaner uninstall and reinstall I did may have done the trick.

It is worth mentioning that I also get a new kit of RAM. My old ones flaked out on me and are being RMAed.

Things I have yet to do:

Overclock my CPU

Overclock my GPU

Enable XMP on the new Corsair RGB RAM

• 7 months later...

Oh no! They have returned. I swear it is due to a recent update. Though I am not sure if it is iCUE and not EVGA's Precision X1 that is causing the trouble. Also ran into some audio issues earlier today: first frequent pauses or stutters in music that was playing with Windows Media Player, then a total loss of audio. I think I have fixed that. Hope the updates I did resolved the audio trouble. And maybe the stuttering too!

I am using iCUE v. 3.28.70

EVGA Precision X1 v. 1.0.4

After doing the two updates and restarting, I have only run into the stutter one time. I was listening to music and had just opened the Snipping tool to grab an image. Things seemed to hang up, very briefly. So far it has been okay - about a half hour in to some music and using Windows.