Corsair Community

Obsidian1000D - Front IO issues

GrenadaV

Hi there,

I have read some other previous posts about the front IO issues some have had, however have not found a solution to mine.

On my Front IO panel, I can only get 1 USB3 port going, that is the first onme by the power on switch.

The other 3 do not work and the USC C ports also do not work.

Must be something I have missed in my setting it up, have still been using it for the last several months without those ports, but now it is getting on my wick and want to sort it once and for all.

I have checked all the settings in my BIOS and they are fine.

My rear USB3 ports all work fine

Can any of you help please?

Cheers

Rossco

Are the other ports plugged in to the motherboard?

But you should have at least 2 of the USB ports working if it's connected to the motherboard. USB-C will have a different connector.

Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for responding so quick, I just did a quick check again, and yes I do actually have 2 ports going, so I am down by 2 USB3 Ports and 2 USBC ports.

I can't find any other cables that come from the Front IO connector. And I would have assumed that those cables would be dangling down from the IO port inside the case, like the one that was there to connect what is going, but I cannot see any....

Seems weird

Cheers

Rossco

they can be seen bottom left of this picture

http://i.imgur.com/jss7gEzl.jpg

Click the image for full resolution

Wow, now i feel like a real Dumb ***!

once i had seen this picture, i thought, hey i have seen these before, looked at the motherboard side and BAM! there they are, waiting to be connected DOH!

THANKS DevBiker and Zotty for your help.

cheers

Ross

• 1 month later...

:bigeyes:

Hi Zotty and others,

Well as Zotty pointed out the cables to me, I thought excellent, now I can get the other USB3.1 ports working too :-( sadly the excitement changed to frustration.

My case has 2 of those cables, and motherboard has 1, I have tried both cables separately to those ports on the MOBO, but still the other 2 USB3.1 ports are not working.

Go figure.......becoming a real PITA now...

Any help please

Cheers and thanks in advance

Rossco

Hi Zotty,

Thanks for responding so quickly, Yes I know that, but surely you can use all 4 USB3 ports + the Type C ports on one motherboard!?

It seems that others have all ports working, and the other motherboard (not got 2 yet) just uses those same front IO ports as the main MOBO does....

Doesn't make sense otherwise....well to me anyway!

Cheers

Rossco

Hi Zotty,

Thanks for responding so quickly, Yes I know that, but surely you can use all 4 USB3 ports + the Type C ports on one motherboard!?

It seems that others have all ports working, and the other motherboard (not got 2 yet) just uses those same front IO ports as the main MOBO does....

Doesn't make sense otherwise....well to me anyway!

Cheers

Rossco

it doesn't make sense as you have not accepted its designed for 2 systems bud.. it has 2 power buttons but you wont be using both right?

But nothing is impossible.

You have 3 options..

option A... buy a better motherboard that has the ports you need

option B start buying PCIe cards that give you the ports you need

Option C... ask your self.. do you need all 6 of those ports on your front IO working for 1 system? i do understand the 'i gotta complete the collection' feeling. but are you chasing something you dont need?

• 4 weeks later...
it doesn't make sense as you have not accepted its designed for 2 systems bud.. it has 2 power buttons but you wont be using both right?

But nothing is impossible.

You have 3 options..

option A... buy a better motherboard that has the ports you need

option B start buying PCIe cards that give you the ports you need

Option C... ask your self.. do you need all 6 of those ports on your front IO working for 1 system? i do understand the 'i gotta complete the collection' feeling. but are you chasing something you dont need?

Apologies for the late reply,

Yes Zotty,

All points understood :-)