Corsair Community

Do I need Commander Pro?

ASPS

I have corsair LL 120mm series fans 3pack with rbg lighting hub and Lighting Node PRO, 2x 140mm LL series fans and a 60cm rbg led lighting pro Expansion Kit. So can 120mm and 140 run at same hub? Do I need a commander pro? Thanks.

yes you can run both size of fans from the rgb hub as long as they are the same series of fans (LL or HD or SP.. cant mix and match).. and adding a Commander pro would also give you RPM control in Corsair Link :). along side 2 more LED channel and 2 usb headers :).. a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

yes you can run both size of fans from the rgb hub as long as they are the same series of fans (LL or HD or SP.. cant mix and match).. and adding a Commander pro would also give you RPM control in Corsair Link :). along side 2 more LED channel and 2 usb headers :).. a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

Does lighting hub or corsair link not inlucde RPM control? I bought combo 3 fans with lighting hub and lighting node pro. So I feel money get wasted if buy a commander pro.

Does lighting hub or corsair link not inlucde RPM control? I bought combo 3 fans with lighting hub and lighting node pro. So I feel money get wasted if buy a commander pro.

nope, only the Commander pro will allow you to control RPM in corsair LINK.

i found the Commander pro to be a worthy upgrade.. in fact so worthy i got one for the wifes PC also.. does what it says on the tin buddy

nope, only the Commander pro will allow you to control RPM in corsair LINK.

i found the Commander pro to be a worthy upgrade.. in fact so worthy i got one for the wifes PC also.. does what it says on the tin buddy

Well, bad news to my wallet. :roll: I have a corsair 760t case with LL series 5 fans now and a h115i, so how many onboard usb2.0 port do I need? My motherboard have 2 usb2.0.

Edited by ASPS

technically you dont need the Node Pro should you get the Commander Pro. so really you only need the one header on your motherboard to devote to you Corsair devices. i suppose its more for bringing all the control into one place (Corsair link). to be able to tie your H115i's fan curves in with rest of cases fan curves is a well worthy option.. the zero RPM option works well. in my case i have 6 LL fans and 3 HD fans. only the 2 LL fans on my H100i v2 and the editrear exhaust fan run constantly (generally at about 850rpm). the rest kick in when gaming and temps rise. nice having all that control in one place ;)..

i also have 8 strips So i am using 2 x RGB Fan LED hubs on the Commander and a Node pro for the 8x strips.. SO.. node pro on usb header 1 of the Commander Pro and my H100 i on Usb header 2 on Commander pro, leaving me a usb header on my motherboard free for other options (i needed to add more usb ports to rear of case!.. keyboard/mouse/pass through cables/headset stand/mouse pad/game pad/wheel/pedals/shifter/ext hdd. endless list lol

Edited by Zotty

technically you dont need the Node Pro should you get the Commander Pro. so really you only need the one header on your motherboard to devote to you Corsair devices. i suppose its more for bringing all the control into one place (Corsair link). to be able to tie your H115i's fan curves in with rest of cases fan curves is a well worthy option.. the zero RPM option works well. in my case i have 6 LL fans and 3 HD fans. only the 2 LL fans on my H100i v2 and the editrear exhaust fan run constantly (generally at about 850rpm). the rest kick in when gaming and temps rise. nice having all that control in one place ;)..

i also have 8 strips So i am using 2 x RGB Fan LED hubs on the Commander and a Node pro for the 8x strips.. SO.. node pro on usb header 1 of the Commander Pro and my H100 i on Usb header 2 on Commander pro, leaving me a usb header on my motherboard free for other options (i needed to add more usb ports to rear of case!.. keyboard/mouse/pass through cables/headset stand/mouse pad/game pad/wheel/pedals/shifter/ext hdd. endless list lol

Thanks for being help. :D:

• 2 years later...

Hi - I'm just creating a build for my son and need some assistance pls.

Re Corsair RGB I have:

H100i AIO Cooler (comes with 2 LL120 fans)

4 further LL120 RGB fans (3 come with the 465X case, other I bought separately)

Vengeance RGB RAM 2 x 8GB

DO I need the Commander Pro to work the above or will the Lighting Node Core that comes with the case suffice?

MAny thanks