View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 01:54 AM

POST ID # = 842156
ispano Reputation: 10

There kind of is a way to do this. At least it seems to work for me, but it will stop after around 1 1/2 minutes(Though you can let it repeat many times.. And that's only because 99999 is the max delay you can have.

You make a macro, Terminate when pressed again, Action Repeat: None(Unless you want it to loop and go longer than 1 1/2 minutes, then you can repeat 2+ times).

Record the single key, with the delay between press and release. Change that delay to 99999. I just tried it for w in an mmo and forward I ran into a wall for 1 1/2 minutes, I was also able to cancel it just by hitting it.

I wouldn't use "Execute Macro Uninterrupted" either, since even if you hit the button, it will continue for the whole 1 1/2 minutes.

I haven't tested it with modifier keys, such as Shift + W as listed in the OP so unsure of how, if at all, that would work.

EDIT: Nevermind, it does work.

If you set it up like above for the Terminate and repeat options, the key sequence will look like this, as an example.

0 Press Key LeftShift
1 Press Key W
2 Pause Execution for 99999 milliseconds.
3 Release key W
4 Release Key Leftshift

I changed my forward key to Shift + W, so W on its own did not work, and this macro made me move forward for about 1 1/2 minutes, and stopped when I hit it again.

I also tested with repeating it and it works just fine to get longer than 1 minute and 40 seconds. Now if we could set a higher delay than 99999 you could go longer without the repeat.

Last edited by ispano; 03-13-2016 at 02:08 AM.