Corsair Community

Corsair One BIOS Update?

zguy85

Good afternoon Corsair and gentlemen! I am interested in updating the BIOS of the C1's MSI Z270I motherboard. The current version we all have is E7A66IZ1.4QF (4.QF) dated 2/3/2017. On MSI website for the MSI Z270I, they're driver nearest that date is 2/6/2017 v. 1.4.

I'm assuming even though dated 3 days later that it included the same updates which were:

- Improved Intel 750 NVME compatibility. :bigeyes:

- Improved memory compatibility. :bigeyes:

- Enhanced M2 Genie function. :bigeyes:

- Improved M2 device compatibility. :bigeyes:

Since then, there have been three additional updates to the BIOS.

7A66v15/2017-04-06:

- Improved memory compatibility. :bigeyes:

- Improved Samsung NVME 960 compatibility. :bigeyes:

- Support Intel Optane Memory.

7A66v16/2017-07-21

- Updated micro code.

- Fixed some USB2.0 devices will show yellow mark after resuming from S3

(CURRENT)

7A66v17/2017-08-15

- Fix system sometimes fail to shutdown

- Fix S3 issue

- Corsair, for the sake of memory issues and those of us who most likely want to update our boards with the Samsung 960 PRO NVME ourselves and don't have NVME currently. (I have the original PRO Model with 1080GTX).

- Is Corsair looking into soon providing an update for our motherboards with the above fixes/improvements? or Will MSI's update be the solution without destroying/messing with our C1s?

Thank you!

Edited by zguy85

• Corsair Employee
So the reason you haven't seen a BIOS update is because there haven't been any publicly released BIOS updates. We are working on one but have to make sure it doesn't overwrite important information within the BIOS that identifies the system, saves your Windows key, etc. There have been newer BIOS releases added to newer Corsair One builds, but a broad BIOS update is still pending.

Thank you! I actually have two tortoiseshell tabbies, love them both dearly, can't imagine my life without them.

This is my other girl, Little Bit, blocking off airflow to my desktop: https://twitter.com/CORSAIR/status/912418021964111872

That's so cute man, with that sweet rig though I'm sure the thermals are good either way. Looks so comfy there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here wondering the same thing. BIOS is 4.QF here too, OG C1 Pro with the MSI GeForce

1080.. let's get some more answers soon, please? And how about the Intel Drivers? Safe to keep updating them thru Intel's Driver Utility/DSA?

Thanks guys.

We are currently qualifying a new bios to address the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. We are aiming to release the bios next month.

Will you offer a bios update solution without Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities fix? Im asking because of performance related issues with the fix