Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum Pro Disconnects

IronCrossMac

I updated my iCue software to the newest version last night. I was playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey just before making this post and my H115i started disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. It must have done it about 20 times before I turned the game off to make this post. It seems to have stopped for now, though. It has done it before, in the past with older versions of iCue, as well, but it didn't do it repeatedly more than maybe twice.

Is this still a software issue, or could it be a cable issue? It seems fine right now, and is registering in iCue (as H115i Platinum(1)). Could it be from my MM800 mousepad that seems to appear in the logs continuously, but seemingly operates just fine?

I just want to get it figured out because the USB disconnect and reconnect sound was driving me absolutely bonkers while I was playing.

Thanks!

iCUElogs.zip

I updated my iCue software to the newest version last night. I was playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey just before making this post and my H115i started disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. It must have done it about 20 times before I turned the game off to make this post. It seems to have stopped for now, though. It has done it before, in the past with older versions of iCue, as well, but it didn't do it repeatedly more than maybe twice.

Is this still a software issue, or could it be a cable issue? It seems fine right now, and is registering in iCue (as H115i Platinum(1)). Could it be from my MM800 mousepad that seems to appear in the logs continuously, but seemingly operates just fine?

I just want to get it figured out because the USB disconnect and reconnect sound was driving me absolutely bonkers while I was playing.

Thanks!

Unfortunately this issue seems to be quite widespread, there's a whole other forum thread discussing this issue.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182412

Seems that thousands of other people with this cooler are having the same issue with this cooler including myself! :[pouts: My cooler doesn't work at the moment as it had the disconnect sound during a firmware update for the cooler, which bricked my H100i RGB Platinum. Hopefully this issue is fixed very soon! I feel your pain!

Unfortunately this issue seems to be quite widespread, there's a whole other forum thread discussing this issue.

Seems that thousands of other people with this cooler are having the same issue with this cooler including myself! :[pouts: My cooler doesn't work at the moment as it had the disconnect sound during a firmware update for the cooler, which bricked my H100i RGB Platinum. Hopefully this issue is fixed very soon! I feel your pain!

Really!??.... Here I am looking into this cooler so I can can control everything Corsair in iCUE and now I see this....:mad:

Not to minimize the issue but A) it's mostly fixed and B) claiming that it affects "thousands" of users is something of an exaggeration based on the provided information. Hyperbole doesn't do anyone any good.

If you are still experiencing disconnects, please upload logs. Also, verify if Steam is running and if you only get disconnects when Steam is running or if they happen when Steam is not running. And make sure that you are on the latest iCUE version.

Not to minimize the issue but A) it's mostly fixed and B) claiming that it affects "thousands" of users is something of an exaggeration based on the provided information. Hyperbole doesn't do anyone any good.

If you are still experiencing disconnects, please upload logs. Also, verify if Steam is running and if you only get disconnects when Steam is running or if they happen when Steam is not running. And make sure that you are on the latest iCUE version.

Just curious, :thinking:why would a digital gaming distribution application such as Steam cause issues between the Corsair H115i and iCUE?....

I have the NZXT Kraken, G.Skilllz Trident Z, EVGA PXOC, Razar Synapse and the iCue running along with Origin and Steam with no issues on my Corsair products. But my (iCUE version is 3.14.104) I didn't update and probably won't as I have no issues.

First, it's something that we've tested and noted as well as gotten feedback here on the forum. Pretty extensively. In fact, some users ONLY had disconnects with Steam running.

Second, apparently Steam takes it upon itself to enumerate and connect to USB devices attached to your system.

I would hazard a guess that it's likely NOT mostly fixed because you have people coming to this forum (myself included) saying that their AIO's are not showing up in iCue and are experiencing disconnect issues. I wouldn't even be surprised if thousands of customers are experiencing similar issues with their corsair products.

There's a lot fewer - and many have confirmed that they aren't seeing the issue. If you read Corsair James' post, he doesn't say that it's totally fixed. But significant progress has been made.

If you are still having the issue, logs would be helpful. Also, detail about A) are you running Steam or not? If you are, do you have the issue with steam shut down? B) How is the cooler connected to USB? C) Are you running any other system monitoring tools?

There's a lot fewer - and many have confirmed that they aren't seeing the issue. If you read Corsair James' post, he doesn't say that it's totally fixed. But significant progress has been made.

If you are still having the issue, logs would be helpful. Also, detail about A) are you running Steam or not? If you are, do you have the issue with steam shut down? B) How is the cooler connected to USB? C) Are you running any other system monitoring tools?

Yes I am running steam and I still have the issue when steam is shut down. The H115i platinum I have does not show up in iCue but it does show up in "bluetooth and other devices" in Windows 10 settings. I also have the USB disconnect problem with just the H115i platinum. I have an RMA on the way because it's probably firmware related, but I have attached the debug logs anyway... Also system monitoring tools: I'm not sure does anything in the gigabyte APP center count?

iCue debug logs for missing H115i Platinum.zip

• 2 weeks later...
So I've been playing some Starcraft 2, with Steam closed and not running, and the AIO started spazzing out again, repeatedly connecting, disconnecting, and flashing on and off. It went into a constant pattern for a few minutes then stopped and seem to be fine. Then it did it again for several minutes straight, and now it's just not lit anymore and I'm not disconnecting/reconnecting. Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit. I shouldn't have to constantly restart my PC or triage what programs I'm running just to maintain my AIO. Will there ever be a fix for this? Is it my Corsair mousepad causing the issue? Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.

iCue.zip

iCUElogs.zip

So I've been playing some Starcraft 2, with Steam closed and not running, and the AIO started spazzing out again, repeatedly connecting, disconnecting, and flashing on and off. It went into a constant pattern for a few minutes then stopped and seem to be fine. Then it did it again for several minutes straight, and now it's just not lit anymore and I'm not disconnecting/reconnecting. Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit. I shouldn't have to constantly restart my PC or triage what programs I'm running just to maintain my AIO. Will there ever be a fix for this? Is it my Corsair mousepad causing the issue? Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.
The Blizzard App seems to cause the disconnects at times, just like Steam used to.

Why? Why is this an issue? What hoops do I have to jump through to resolve this? I'm tired of hearing the constant noise of it cycling while I'm trying to play my games, and now it's not even lit.

Will there ever be a fix for this?

Between this, the AX860i debacle, and the 500D Commander Pro issue, I'm really starting to lose faith in Corsair, which is frustrating because nearly my entire system is built with Corsair products.

Well in regards to sounds you could do what I did when I finally had enough of it and turn off the sound(s) :P Then again this is something I tend to do anyway because the default Windows sounds irritate me.

I'm going to stay silent on a fix because nothing good will come otherwise.

And of what CoPro issues do you speak?

I doubt that the mousepad is causing the issue. A couple of questions for you.

Are you running any other monitoring software? Particularly, anything that also reads the Platinum cooler's temp, fan speed, etc.

How is the cooler connected? Is it direct to the motherboard? Via some kind of internal hub? Via a Commander Pro? Something else?

Is there any scenario where this happens more frequently than other scenarios? For example, does it only happen when you are playing a specific game? Or is it completely random?

These issues have mostly been resolved but if you read Corsair James' post, he did say that there still may be issues in certain scenarios.

Well in regards to sounds you could do what I did when I finally had enough of it and turn off the sound(s) :P Then again this is something I tend to do anyway because the default Windows sounds irritate me.

I'm going to stay silent on a fix because nothing good will come otherwise.

And of what CoPro issues do you speak?

I'm close to turning off the sounds because it'll happen randomly, be it while I'm gaming through Steam, Uplay, Battle.net, or while watching YouTube.

When I bought my Obidian 500D RGB SE the CoPro was already purposely mounted to the inside corner of the tempered glass door that swings open. Had I hooked it all up as it was mounted I never would have been able to open the panel. I called Corsair tech once I got to the point of hooking it up because I was confused with the placement and they said the misplacement was a known issue and that they recommend I use a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive and replace it in a better location. I was really disappointed with that after dropping $250 on the case, but in the end I did it and it worked.

I doubt that the mousepad is causing the issue. A couple of questions for you.

Are you running any other monitoring software? Particularly, anything that also reads the Platinum cooler's temp, fan speed, etc.

How is the cooler connected? Is it direct to the motherboard? Via some kind of internal hub? Via a Commander Pro? Something else?

Is there any scenario where this happens more frequently than other scenarios? For example, does it only happen when you are playing a specific game? Or is it completely random?

These issues have mostly been resolved but if you read Corsair James' post, he did say that there still may be issues in certain scenarios.

I do run HWmonitor, but I don't leave it on, I only check it from time to time, I don't leave it constantly running. The same with Intel's XTU. If just being installed can potentially cause the issue I'll remove them until I need them again.

The cooler is connected directly to my motherboard, with the fans connected to a lighting hub.

I've had it occur while gaming through Uplay and Battle.net, as well as while watching YouTube videos through Chrome. I keep Steam closed, and generally Uplay is closed. Battle.net has been one of the few launchers I've kept open consistently, but I'll keep that closed when I'm not using it, too. The problem just seems to come and go. I'll start checking it against HWmonitor and my launchers by just opening them one by one and hopefully verifying if any one program I have on here is the issue.

As far as the mousepad, is there any reason it's a constant in the logs? Is that a normal thing?

As far as the mousepad, is there any reason it's a constant in the logs? Is that a normal thing?

Oddly, yes. It was explained to me that since the MM800 is only pulling power with no data (unless you use the pass through) it will happily throw errors like you are seeing.

And while I have not noticed any issues I do particularly like looking at my log for the first time since the platform switch:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-06-16T00:22:37 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-06-16T00:46:15 I cue.devices: Device vid=1b1c pid=c17 ignored by HidDeviceEnumerator

2019-06-16T00:57:06 C cue.devices.manifest: Cannot find path for manifest key (vid=45e, pid=2a1)

2019-06-16T00:57:06 I cue.devices: Manifest for device (vid=45e, pid=2a1) not found.

2019-06-16T00:57:47 I cue.devices.nxp: MouseMat LED colors change failed. request timed out for ST100RGB

2019-06-16T01:02:50 I cue.devices.nxp: MouseMat LED colors change failed. request timed out for MM800RGB

2019-06-16T01:03:03 I cue.devices.nxp: Mouse LED colors change failed. request timed out for M65 RGB ELITE

Really makes you think that there isn't any issue what so ever doesn't it? I get a warm fuzzy feeling that everything is going to be ok, mind you that was just a couple lines:

2019-06-16T00:46:15 I cue.devices: Device vid=1b1c pid=c17 ignored by HidDeviceEnumerator

I like that line too....Seeing as there appears to be no known device with that PID. But nothing to see here move along.

*sigh*

What are you seeing for the mousepad in the logs? And that really shouldn't have any effect on the cooler.

IIRC, HWMonitor doesn't log any Corsair device info and neither does XTU. Just having them installed shouldn't cause an issue (the only issue that I'm aware of is HWInfo's persistent driver ... that can cause an issue).

The fans are connected to the hub ... do you have the lighting channel configured for no fans? And can you confirm the version of iCUE that you are running?

Another thing to try - for the sake of experimentation - is to use a standard micro USB cable and run to a rear IO port. This will help determine if there's an issue with the cable.