Corsair Community

H115I PRO RGB (Help needed) x99 Extreme motherboard

SanityGaming

I just brought a "Corsair Hydro 115i RGB Platinum" and I'm having issues with it, I'm not that well knowledged on all these "RGB" things! or these corsair links, or so on future tech! But I can't seem to make it work correctly.

For the computer I'm trying to use it on, the motherboard is a "RAMPAGE V EXTREME"

I've plugged in all the cables, I've plugged the CPU fan header into the header next to the "Republic of Gamers" light sign ( I don't know if this matters) It's where my h110 was! (check images)

And I've plugged in all the fan cables, and RGB cables, But the lights on the fans won't light up! and the pump just as a static rainbow color ring! the fans move, and all, the pumps fine, my CPU temps are fine!

I don't know if there are settings in my bios I have to change or what, PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU KNOW THE "BIOS FOR MY MOTHERBOARD" all BIOSes are different! I am autistic, and such, and will lose my blasted nerve if I can't find whatever settings easily! Because sometimes BIOSes will name stuff differently from other BIOSes, or put stuff in different areas!

I've set even every FAN thing I can find to "IGNORE" (I don't know if this was smart) it's so I can fix the damn CPU FAN ERROR message...

-

Neither Corsair Link, or iCUE can find my cooler, it's not even in "DEVICE MANAGER", "CORSAIR LINK" has found my motherboard, GPU, CPU, and ram...

Please help me out if you can. I've posted 2 images, or Will post 2, one is of the CPU fan connectors for the motherboard, Can someone tell me where to plug the cable into please, thanks!

1144819984_ThisiswhereIvepluggedthefanheader!.thumb.png.389f8e8f788fc721c9fa91d025d4ee88.png

355276548_Pumplight.thumb.jpg.723a8e15c3e360dad86862ec87a9afcb.jpg

32932785_USBSOCKET.thumb.jpg.e3110b37bfa148981b0f9bed3d1a7a92.jpg

1702347132_DeviceManager.png.090222f7f54b5e6182bee6bb8e67737f.png

iCUE.thumb.jpg.48f807115f558c40744653e36e58f4bd.jpg

Edited by SanityGaming
Cooler name change please!

Your BIOS won't factor into this. The cooler and fans are SATA powered. The little motherboard connector reports a pump speed to the BIOS and is one way to deal with the CPU boot error when nothing is on CPU fan. The only one you need to set to Ignore is CPU FAN from the Monitor Tab in the Advanced BIOS. It's not very intuitive on the Asus megatrends BIOS, but you seem to have figured out you can click the reported value in the Monitor tab to give you the "ignore" option. You can also move the H115i Platinum connector to CPU Fan. The advantage is the CPU boot error then correctly tells you if the pump does not start on boot or fails, but that is really the only reason. Cable management may be more valuable.

All lights, pump, and fan speeds are changed via the iCUE software. If iCUE does not detect it, try moving the USB 2.0 internal connector to the other port. You should have two internal 2.0 headers on that board. If you have an internal USB to USB type A plug, you try the back USB ports as well, but most people do not have one of those lying around. Unfortunately, USB detection is a somewhat common issue with this cooler. In the meantime, the cooler will behave to protect the CPU even without the software. Fans will speed up when the coolant warms and slow down when it cools.

Your BIOS won't factor into this. The cooler and fans are SATA powered. The little motherboard connector reports a pump speed to the BIOS and is one way to deal with the CPU boot error when nothing is on CPU fan. The only one you need to set to Ignore is CPU FAN from the Monitor Tab in the Advanced BIOS. It's not very intuitive on the Asus megatrends BIOS, but you seem to have figured out you can click the reported value in the Monitor tab to give you the "ignore" option. You can also move the H115i Platinum connector to CPU Fan. The advantage is the CPU boot error then correctly tells you if the pump does not start on boot or fails, but that is really the only reason. Cable management may be more valuable.

All lights, pump, and fan speeds are changed via the iCUE software. If iCUE does not detect it, try moving the USB 2.0 internal connector to the other port. You should have two internal 2.0 headers on that board. If you have an internal USB to USB type A plug, you try the back USB ports as well, but most people do not have one of those lying around. Unfortunately, USB detection is a somewhat common issue with this cooler. In the meantime, the cooler will behave to protect the CPU even without the software. Fans will speed up when the coolant warms and slow down when it cools.

I can only see 1 USB connector 9pin, I may be blind otherwise, please help me find it! if you can!

And I'll look for this monitor tab, what should the rest be set to then? Ignore? Auto? PWM? DC? or whatever there's a couple of modes, I don't know what. This is the second AIO I've ever really owned, I've used only air mostly in the past, like noctuas and stuff!

I've got the NZXT 9pin, USB internal USB thingy, and I've plugged the USB cable into that, I've even tried plugging it into the motherboard, it doesn't affect the lights, I've even plugged one of the fans into a random fan header on the motherboard, that did nothing, the fan just spun like usual! still no RGB..

I've even tried plugging the RGB cables on the fans and the pump, into alternative left-right, right-left, e.t.c did nothing...

I can't believe both fans would have dead LEDS...

This is dumb as hell, should I return it? like my standard none RGB blue corsair fans worked perfectly (work) as I use them for my h110, the h115 was supposed to replace...

Edited by SanityGaming

At the bottom edge of the board you likely have found USB 2.0 (1314). Right next to in on the right is this weird dual port, USB like special ROG connector for some external display thing. The trick is the right half of that connector is your second USB 2 internal (ports 11/12). If you are using the ROG external display then it won't be available. I also think this is unlikely to change anything. If it is not registering directly to the Port 13/14, 11/12 is probably no different. I only mentioned it because my X99 Strix had the same port configuration and I had a NZXT X62 cooler that did not like one port and worked in the other.

You won't be able to see the fan, pump, light controls until iCUE recognizes the cooler.

At the bottom edge of the board you likely have found USB 2.0 (1314). Right next to in on the right is this weird dual port, USB like special ROG connector for some external display thing. The trick is the right half of that connector is your second USB 2 internal (ports 11/12). If you are using the ROG external display then it won't be available. I also think this is unlikely to change anything. If it is not registering directly to the Port 13/14, 11/12 is probably no different. I only mentioned it because my X99 Strix had the same port configuration and I had a NZXT X62 cooler that did not like one port and worked in the other.

You won't be able to see the fan, pump, light controls until iCUE recognizes the cooler.

I've posted a new image called "USB SOCKET". Also please tell me what my fans should be set to, you've said only one should be set to ignore

Edited by SanityGaming

Also, so your saying, although the pump and fans work, as it's program to get fast and low due to heat!

The fans won't light up, and the pump will stay a static colour, until the actual bloody thing is recognized? so where does this leave me, as I've posted the picture of the USB, in hopes you can help me out here, the big square one next to it, I believe is being used for the COSMOS 2 control panel, on off button e.t.c and more.

The “big square one” is on the other USB 2, so both are in use. It is likely the Cosmos II display pulls some basic monitoring info from the motherboard via that path. The power/reset wires should be the skinny wires over by the red button in the corner. You could try temporarily removing the Cosmos plug to eliminate the chance of some kind of conflict between them.

To disable the CPU boot warning, go to the Advanced BIOS (F7 from EZ BIOS) -> Monitor tab. Scroll down until you see “CPU fan N/A”. Hit enter. It should give you a choice box of enable and disable/ignore. Select ignore. That will allow you to boot into Windows without the BIOS warning. You don’t need to disable any other headers and I would be leave them be.

Unfortunately I do not have any guaranteed solutions for this. If you look at the rest of the cooling forum you’ll see you are not alone. All I can do on this end is look at the physical installation.

The “big square one” is on the other USB 2, so both are in use. It is likely the Cosmos II display pulls some basic monitoring info from the motherboard via that path. The power/reset wires should be the skinny wires over by the red button in the corner. You could try temporarily removing the Cosmos plug to eliminate the chance of some kind of conflict between them.

To disable the CPU boot warning, go to the Advanced BIOS (F7 from EZ BIOS) -> Monitor tab. Scroll down until you see “CPU fan N/A”. Hit enter. It should give you a choice box of enable and disable/ignore. Select ignore. That will allow you to boot into Windows without the BIOS warning. You don’t need to disable any other headers and I would be leave them be.

Unfortunately I do not have any guaranteed solutions for this. If you look at the rest of the cooling forum you’ll see you are not alone. All I can do on this end is look at the physical installation.

Switching USB slots on the motherboard did nothing!

I've also tried plugging USB from the pump straight into the back of the computer using a random USB cable for my mobile I had to lay around, which made no difference, it still won't show in the device manager, or anywhere!

Like my motherboard picks up everything else 100% fine, but this it won't I'm sure the H110 was corsair link to, that never got picked up by my PC either! Though that was my first primary AIO I ever had!

Edited by SanityGaming

Do you have iCUE installed? Not Link ... iCUE. Link won't recognize the cooler.

Can you look in USBDeView to see if it's in there? Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html.

I've tried both, Corsair link and iCUE, neither work and also the cooler won't appear in "USBDeView" or "Device Manager" I've tried that too.