Corsair Community

Corsair commander pro max power output per PWM port?

Johnny87au

The max power per spec is 1A per header and 4.5A overall.

That said, 2 way splitters do work fine. 3-way splitters cause issues so as long as you stick with 2 way splitters, you're good.

Hey DevBiker, appreciate the response. How much do the White LL120's pull running at 2200RPM? Cause i'm using all 6 ports on the pro and if i could use 3 total would save me 3 ports for later use :)

Oh awesome, so i can run 2x no issue right..

I do...... although not supported by Corsair,, so at your own risk.. I am currently running 8 fans on one CoPro.. most i have ran is 9,, and as said,,,, doubles only. we have seen triple splitters pop fan headers

Taken from my FAQ thread

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro (note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit including it's MCU and any Corsair RGB Strips you have attached) and I recommend no more than 2 Fans on any one Channel (note, seen plenty of issues when trying to use triple PWM splitters or more).

more here http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

I do...... although not supported by Corsair,, so at your own risk.. I am currently running 8 fans on one CoPro.. most i have ran is 9,, and as said,,,, doubles only. we have seen triple splitters pop fan headers

Taken from my FAQ thread

Not Officially supported but there is no reason why you can not use Fan header Splitter cables on the Commander Pro (note there is a 1A limitation per fan header and a 4.5A limitation for the entire unit including it's MCU and any Corsair RGB Strips you have attached) and I recommend no more than 2 Fans on any one Channel (note, seen plenty of issues when trying to use triple PWM splitters or more).

If anything dude, i was thinking just run 4 fans on 2 headers, and just run 1 fan per header for the remaining :)

• 3 weeks later...
Wish they would have made people aware of the limitations to using only a 2 way splitter (2 fans on one port). Would have saved me a lot of problems. Now I have 2 commander pros that don't work. Funny how the Mini could power 3 fans on one splitter and the Pro can't even do that.

Wish they would have made people aware of the limitations to using only a 2 way splitter (2 fans on one port). Would have saved me a lot of problems. Now I have 2 commander pros that don't work. Funny how the Mini could power 3 fans on one splitter and the Pro can't even do that.

Taken from my FAQ thread

It's not like that dude

• 4 weeks later...
I wish I would have seen this thread BEFORE I purchased the Commander Pro. It lasted about 20 sec in my chassis before it burned up 4 channels with 1 fan on each header. Each fan draws 1 amp. Now the question is do I try and repair it or toss it and look for a different option.

• 1 year later...
If that is really powered on a standard fan connection (18w/1.5A), you can't connect that to the Commander Pro or most motherboard headers. Is there no Molex or SATA power cable on the pump? That is how most of them get their power, saving the fan connector as a PWM and tachometer wire speed report.

It's is odd. If I generally search any Xylem Laing 3.25 DDC, I get the version with both that 3 wire fan connector and the 2 wire molex. However, they make a million of these and they can be ordered with modifications. I can't find anything for the part numbers. As far as I can tell, the DDC-1T and 1T plus versions have the dual molex + fan connector. This one does not.

It appears to be like this version, which also mentions a molex connector, but not is visible.

If this is an actual fan connector and your MB has a "high current" header, that may work. Otherwise, I think you would need to work that through some type of molex to fan adpater and back to the PSU. That would make it run at 100% all the time and DDC pumps get really buzzy at those levels. It would not be a great situation. You might also contact Xylem directly and see if they can clear it up.

If it is that same pump, all the latest versions of Laing DDC 3.25 come powered with a single cable, the only one that I see different is the DDC 3.25 labeled EKWB

Well, my motherboard has 2 connectors with 3A each connector and is specific for pumps.

I have no choice but to use some asus software to control the rpm.

It's a shame because I would like to control it from the icue.

well, the commander pro blows transistors when controlling moderate loads in DC control mode because of the heat dissipated by the output transistor when running speeds lower than 100%..

if you could get your hands on a PWM variant of the pump, it would be a lot easier.. PWM from CoPro, 12V from molex, and done..

Otherwise yes, Asus AIsuite (fan Xpert) will allow you to use the pump socket from the mobo without problems.